Quantcast
New Vehicles With Low Depreciation - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Vehicles With Low Depreciation

My Ride
    Gas guzzler!

I'd get a McLaren 540C and get from the factory plus a track day.

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Thanks for the discussion..

I did have a deposit down last year for a GT4, however they said they are not taking deposits as of yet for the 2018 GT3 but said they would call when ready..

Alan, that GT3 is yellow haha. It's gotta be blue, remember?
    "Not taking deposits yet" might be code for "not taking a deposit from you because our list is a mile long from established clients".

Allocations have been available and specs have been submitted for some time now.

Why new? Is it the Euro delivery? Otherwise, the list of new cars that don't appreciate is very small and grows exponentially if you look to lightly used (where the market is populated by cars that when new, depreciated and have either established a new 'bottom', or come back up).

For instance, the 991 GT3s not depreciating is a new phenomena and not a guarantee... You have to remember that even the 997.2 GT3RS' depreciated rapidly off the bat before recovering.

IMO, buy whatever you like that best delivers what you want out of a car... it's not what it costs to buy, buy what it costs to sell.

My Ride
    ute

Originally posted by Bladeh
    I'd get a McLaren 540C and get from the factory plus a track day.
    That would be my number one choice. But it's outside my budget unfortunately.

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Not very many pedestrian cars out there will low depreciation. Here are a few available vehicles with low depreciation:

1. Jeep wranglers
    2. Golf R
    3. Focus st rs
    4. Toyota Tacoma
    5. Cayenne
    6. G wagon
    7. loaded Toyota Siennas
    8. Honda ridgeline
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

My Ride
    something green

Isn't the cayenne one of the worst when it comes to depreciation?
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Focus ST is terrible depreciation because it's under-appreciated. Too many think they need AWD and go for a ticking time bomb WRX/STI instead even if its 100k km's 2011 with questionable mods still commanding $25k+, assuming that the used Suby price bubble hasn't popped.

Actually a good thing, great deals to be had on new/used ST. Way better interior than STI/Evo, and Ford just carried it over to the RS almost exactly. Heck, there's an ST trim package with CF and a nice shift knob that's even better than the RS interior. Average new ST leaving the dealership is 30-32k. I got mine for 28,5+tax OTD, fully loaded Nav/Tech/Sunroof/Premium.

If one gets it at a low price like that - great. But pay the 36-37k MSRP on the sticker, and you'd lose close to $10k driving off the dealer lot.

Tough sell right now though...I think one guy recently sold a 2016 with 4000km for $16k. Not sure if traded in or private sale, but probably had to sell at that price to move it fast.

Fiesta ST holds up a lot better due to not near as common. Also Matt Farah/Smoking Tire + Jalopnik and a bunch of auto journos went crazy hyping over it and I agree...thing is a HOOT to scoot around in.

That being said, low depreciation:

Jeep Wrangler
    Toyota Tacoma, 4Runner
    Turbo Diesel 3/4 - 1 Tons
    Anything AWD:
    WRX, STI, Evo, a lot of Subaru's
    A lot of Japanese CUV/SUV with AWD
    Shelby GT350 (the 500 might change this)
    Corvette?
    Audi's?
    MK7 GTI/Golf R
    Challenger / Camaro hold well I think?

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Originally posted by tehwegz
    Focus ST is terrible depreciation because it's under-appreciated. Too many think they need AWD and go for a ticking time bomb WRX/STI instead even if its 100k km's 2011 with questionable mods still commanding $25k+, assuming that the used Suby price bubble hasn't popped.

Actually a good thing, great deals to be had on new/used ST. Way better interior than STI/Evo, and Ford just carried it over to the RS almost exactly. Heck, there's an ST trim package with CF and a nice shift knob that's even better than the RS interior. Average new ST leaving the dealership is 30-32k. I got mine for 28,5+tax OTD, fully loaded Nav/Tech/Sunroof/Premium.

If one gets it at a low price like that - great. But pay the 36-37k MSRP on the sticker, and you'd lose close to $10k driving off the dealer lot.

Tough sell right now though...I think one guy recently sold a 2016 with 4000km for $16k. Not sure if traded in or private sale, but probably had to sell at that price to move it fast.

Fiesta ST holds up a lot better due to not near as common. Also Matt Farah/Smoking Tire + Jalopnik and a bunch of auto journos went crazy hyping over it and I agree...thing is a HOOT to scoot around in.

That being said, low depreciation:

Jeep Wrangler
    Toyota Tacoma, 4Runner
    Turbo Diesel 3/4 - 1 Tons
    Anything AWD:
    WRX, STI, Evo, a lot of Subaru's
    A lot of Japanese CUV/SUV with AWD
    Shelby GT350 (the 500 might change this)
    Corvette?
    Audi's?
    MK7 GTI/Golf R
    Challenger / Camaro hold well I think?
    Corvettes and camaros are shitting the bed. GT350 will hold value even with the 500 as that will be FI (90%).
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

Originally posted by Darkane

Corvettes and camaros are shitting the bed. GT350 will hold value even with the 500 as that will be FI (90%).
    Surprised to hear, maybe because dealer mark up. And bow tie badge. The new 1LE SS, ZL1, C7 R, C7 Z06 etc. I'd expect to maintain somewhat. Best to be the 2nd owner for those.

I know the 5.2 Voodoo is something magical and to be cherished. But FI in the form of whipple eaton & pulleys is the norm with all the big HP war numbers 650/650 Chevs and 700-900hp HellSpawn Demons etc. I figured the 700+ GT500 coming soon would overshadow the 350 and be brushed aside much like the Terminator did to the Mach 1.

My Ride

Originally posted by tehwegz

Surprised to hear, maybe because dealer mark up. And bow tie badge. The new 1LE SS, ZL1, C7 R, C7 Z06 etc. I'd expect to maintain somewhat. Best to be the 2nd owner for those.

I know the 5.2 Voodoo is something magical and to be cherished. But FI in the form of whipple eaton & pulleys is the norm with all the big HP war numbers 650/650 Chevs and 700-900hp HellSpawn Demons etc. I figured the 700+ GT500 coming soon would overshadow the 350 and be brushed aside much like the Terminator did to the Mach 1.
    If the new 500 is a FI version of the voodoo, then yes perhaps. All sources are pointing to a crossplane 5.2, so the exclusiveness of the 350 should remain.

If Ford can put out a 700+ hp AND rev it to 8,000... it'll be VERY special lol.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Originally posted by you&me

"Not taking deposits yet" might be code for "not taking a deposit from you because our list is a mile long from established clients".

Allocations have been available and specs have been submitted for some time now.

Why new? Is it the Euro delivery? Otherwise, the list of new cars that don't appreciate is very small and grows exponentially if you look to lightly used (where the market is populated by cars that when new, depreciated and have either established a new 'bottom', or come back up).

For instance, the 991 GT3s not depreciating is a new phenomena and not a guarantee... You have to remember that even the 997.2 GT3RS' depreciated rapidly off the bat before recovering.

IMO, buy whatever you like that best delivers what you want out of a car... it's not what it costs to buy, buy what it costs to sell.
    Well they aren't going to establish me as a new customer if I cannot purchase the only vehicles I want from them.. Not that they care, I know.

But the exact message was;

"We are not currently taking deposits for the new 911 GT3. While Porsche has officially announced the car, we have not yet been granted any allocation. As you might expect we have several clients who have expressed interest in the car and we have no way of guaranteeing whether or not we will be able to fill people’s orders at this time. I will put your name on our list of interested clients and we will be in touch once we have an idea of how many cars we expect to get if we will be able to secure a vehicle for you."
    And yes, the main reason is European delivery. I have the flexibility to take a couple months off and tour Europe in my own new vehicle, figured I would take the opportunity.

One of the reasons I want the GT3 because it is by far one of the most exhilarating cars I have driven and that includes several high end exotics.

Anyway, somehow ended up in Edmonton this weekend to look at a 2017 z06 2LZ... Talk about deprecation

Pretty tempting though, some decent incentives and they drive amazingly..

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Very diplomatic of them.

The Euro-delivery is very cool, but personally, I'm just not sure how compelling a few weeks is over the entire ownership term, but YMMV (pun intended).

GL with whatever you decide

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Originally posted by Buster

That would be my number one choice. But it's outside my budget unfortunately.
    Simple solution...just up the budget!!

My Ride

New GT3 in manual or a GT4RS are looking so good right now.

New GT3 engine specs are insane though.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

Well they aren't going to establish me as a new customer if I cannot purchase the only vehicles I want from them.. Not that they care, I know.

But the exact message was;

And yes, the main reason is European delivery. I have the flexibility to take a couple months off and tour Europe in my own new vehicle, figured I would take the opportunity.

One of the reasons I want the GT3 because it is by far one of the most exhilarating cars I have driven and that includes several high end exotics.

Anyway, somehow ended up in Edmonton this weekend to look at a 2017 z06 2LZ... Talk about deprecation

Pretty tempting though, some decent incentives and they drive amazingly..
    Porsche makes amazing cars, almost across the board. But I really don't like the company and how it operates. They are a cynical marketing machine at the core. It all started with the neutering of the Caymen but has continued on to their highly effective "limited" run of cars like the GT3 and such. Sometimes car companies make amazing cars but you don't want to deal with the market (Ferrari) or the corporation (Porsche).

I can't remember which auto journalist said every time they got into a 911 all they could think about was how much they just contributed to the Porsche executive's bonus.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I've heard a lot of the same feelings from others regarding Porsche. I would kill for an allocation on a GT car though..

Well.. GM is now offering 0% for 48 months on a new Z06 that is optioned perfectly for me.

What do you guys figure one can grind off a $120k sticker?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I'm actually surprised this turned into a mar thread

My Ride
    ute

Is it a leftover from last year?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Nope, 2017 z06 2LZ.

7 speed manual

PS - What's a mar thread

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by ercchry
    I'm actually surprised this turned into a mar thread

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Nope, 2017 z06 2LZ.

7 speed manual

PS - What's a mar thread
    Where mar asks for advice, then goes and does the exact opposite... like buy a veloster

Vettes are not great buys unless used and at the bottom of their depreciation curves

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast