Quantcast
cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop

Default cps allegedly beat up old man in traffic stop

New article floating around showing crazy photos of an old man in extremely rough shape allegedly from cps. Guy gets pulled over, hes allegedly beat up and arrested but instead of going to jail hes sent to the hospital, with no charges being laid and let go.

I can understand a cop doing his job where someone resists arrest but in this case there were no charges laid. Seems pretty extreme.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3404590/ca...ion-of-events/
    Last edited by gwill; 04-26-2017 at 08:45 AM.

CPS have set up a meeting with Joyce for Wednesday morning. Joyce said, at this point, he cannot afford a lawyer.
    Now that it has been made public, Pro Bono will be happening.

Seen the pictures on Global News last night, it's pretty bad.

My Ride
    G37X

No charges being laid seems very suspicious. It would appear that this is an "I won't tell if you don't" type deal. He certainly doesn't look like the type to start fighting. But I'll wait to hear the other side of the story.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Definitely more to the story, but even if they were involved in the drug trade - pounding on a 120lb, partially disabled, person is not what I would consider appropriate conduct.
    Last edited by revelations; 04-26-2017 at 09:16 AM.

The chances they just randomly beat him down are basically zero. I would bet anything that he did something. Whether or not he deserved that level of a beating we will never know - maybe they thought he had a weapon or maybe he made a threat and the police have to act accordingly without taking chances.

Wow. Disgusting.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Uncle Leo?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

^Hello!

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    The chances they just randomly beat him down are basically zero. I would bet anything that he did something. Whether or not he deserved that level of a beating we will never know - maybe they thought he had a weapon or maybe he made a threat and the police have to act accordingly without taking chances.
    Well of course he didn't deserve this level of beating. You don't repeatably hit someone enough to sustain that amount of damage to later say " I wanted to make sure he didn't have a weapon" Cops should be trained to handle these situations better. The fact that he was NOT charged with anything kind of shows what he was being stopped for was not that serious.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Originally posted by lilmira
    Uncle Leo?
    CPS excuse - "He just kept staring at us with a threatening, angry eyebrow."

It's too bad there weren't some sort of device that officers should be forced to wear, that would prove these kinds of allegations to be true or false.
    Last edited by Tik-Tok; 04-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Originally posted by Seth1968

Now that it has been made public, Pro Bono will be happening.
    Seen this on the news today and thought the exact same thing. There definitely is 2 sides but with no charges laid and a beating this bad on an old disabled person it looks super suspicious on CPS part

Wow, that's pretty extreme. He was that much of a problem that they couldn't restrain him without a 15 min beat down? 120 lbs...
    PSN: DeceitfulWings
    XBL: DeceitfulWings

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Originally posted by jabjab

Well of course he didn't deserve this level of beating. You don't repeatably hit someone enough to sustain that amount of damage to later say " I wanted to make sure he didn't have a weapon" Cops should be trained to handle these situations better. The fact that he was NOT charged with anything kind of shows what he was being stopped for was not that serious.
    Or...maybe, the guy did something to warrant a take down during a stop for a relatively minor infraction and got a serious case of road rash. The cops then chose not to charge him thinking dude is already in a rough spot and will need medical attention which is punishment enough, no need to rub salt in the wound for running that red light.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

The sad thing is that NOTHING will happen. They will come up with a way of saying that it was justified. That is what happens when the police do an investigation on its own people. The system is messed. This has been happening for years.

I sincerely hope the cops that did this get fired and not just on a paid leave and this guy gets some sort of compensation for this.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

I'll wait for the other side of the story to come out. Chances are there is dash cam and body mic evidence.

If the story of that HuffPo blogger is any indication, there is no point in ever jumping to conclusions
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Bicycle

However, the version of events we currently have is very different from that being portrayed by this individual – hence the importance of a thorough investigation. One thing we can confirm is that this is not a case of mistaken identity, the individual was known to CPS and was arrested as part of an ongoing ALERT investigation.
    Looks like it's someone with some frequent flyer miles with CPS, so it may be provoked.. They really need body cameras for cases like this.

Seems to me there might have been a struggle in the car, and police might say he was trying to flee. Reasons being:

1) He says he put the car in neutral. Why wouldn't he just say he pulled over, and why would he put it in neutral and not in park?

2) He says his foot got stuck in the peddles.

3) He says the engine was revving.

My Ride
    Grimace

Originally posted by jabjab
    The sad thing is that NOTHING will happen. They will come up with a way of saying that it was justified. That is what happens when the police do an investigation on its own people. The system is messed. This has been happening for years.

I sincerely hope the cops that did this get fired and not just on a paid leave and this guy gets some sort of compensation for this.
    ASIRT usually does the investigations....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People make me angry, I would beat the scumbag too.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast