Quantcast
So how much soap is wasted by people pretending to wash their hands? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So how much soap is wasted by people pretending to wash their hands?

My Ride
    2017 Tacoma street queen

That's where aids comes from, shopping cart handles. Didn't know? Now you know

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I'm sitting on the Shinkansen right now between Osaka and Tokyo, and came across this thread literally right as I was wondering why so many public washrooms in Japan don't have soap or paper towels?? You're lucky if you get a hand dryer, but I'd say less than half actually have soap. I'm not a germaphobe, but for such a clean country, it sure makes me scratch my head... or at least I would scratch my head, if my hands were clean.

Nothing like an air dryer to colonize your freshly washed hands with aerosolized fecal matter.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

I would like to think that I am a pretty good at not pissing on my own hands.
    And if I have to wash my hands after touching my dick maybe I should be washing it instead of my hands.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by ianmcc
    I would like to think that I am a pretty good at not pissing on my own hands.
    And if I have to wash my hands after touching my dick maybe I should be washing it instead of my hands.
    i think this is the main thought of the pretend washers, but they still have to pretend as to not get labelled as non-hygienic by society.

Its just funny, either do or don't, don't pretend and waste resources, you're not fooling anybody anyway.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time. (I bike to work and change in the bathrooms so I bumped into him a lot.)

However, that wasn't the gross part. That goes to the fact that he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by Nismorphed
    That's where aids comes from, shopping cart handles. Didn't know? Now you know
    Yea... maybe if you rip it off the cart and sit on it like a dildo, knowing that someone else who was AIDS infected did it first.

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door.
    What if I told you I saw our company Health & Safety Director do that. True story.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time. (I bike to work and change in the bathrooms so I bumped into him a lot.)

However, that wasn't the gross part. That goes to the fact that he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone.
    yeah i actually called out a guy one time, but only because he was the vending machine re-stock guy, walks in, pisses, no wash, goes and handles all the packages of food and cans of pop... if it doesn't effect me, do what you want, but if you're doing food related stuff for others... you need to be hygienic.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

For using the urinal and not washing isn't as bad as people on their cell phones all day and shaking your hand, probably more germs. I too don't need to touch my penis when using the urinal but often use the disinfectant right outside the bathroom door causing touching the door handle is just as gross.

I doubt the majority of us wash our hands after taking a whiz at home. Why's that? Simply because it doesn't make any sense to do so.

EVERYTHING you touch is full of bacteria, fecal matter, germs, other life forms, etc. Heck, your whole body is covered in all of that and we're breathing it all in too.

Ya, so go wash your hands and kill dem germs!

There was a guy here at work that never even bothered to pretend to go through the motions. After taking a piss at the urinals, he just went out the door. Every. Fucking. Time.

...he made the coffee for everyone on the floor most mornings I wanted to call him out and warn people, but I was new on the floor and had no idea who he or anyone was. By the time I got to know people, he was gone.
    Probably sick leave.

Originally posted by Seth1968
    I doubt the majority of us wash our hands after taking a whiz at home. Why's that? Simply because it doesn't make any sense to do so.

EVERYTHING you touch is full of bacteria, fecal matter, germs, other life forms, etc. Heck, your whole body is covered in all of that and we're breathing it all in too.

true true. I have noticed however that since I started washing my hands frequently while out in public (since the last several years), I rarely get sick. I don't think I've gotten a cold in the last 2 or 3 years, which is pretty amazing considering that recently I've been travelling via airports/trains/buses almost every week since early December.

To clarify, I'm not saying that washing your hands under certain circumstances is futile. For example, it's a damn good idea for health care workers to wash their hands frequently. Ditto for adults who frequently pick their nose or suck their thumb...or other actions which are better left unsaid

My point is that in most circumstances, washing your hands to eliminate germs is pointless as we live in a bath of germs. As most things, the whole thing is overblown paranoia and propaganda.

Furthermore, germs were here a lot longer before us bi-peds, and we have such a symbiotic relationship with them that I suspect that if they all somehow died, we would to.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by Seth1968

The only time I don't wash my hands if I'm at home is when I'm elbow deep in grease or oil and don't care.

What I find so funny about this thread is that so many people are grossed out by people who don't wash and forget that you can wash your hands all you want but did you touch that paper towel dispenser? What about the taps on the sink? or the door handle?

All those fuckers shitting and not washing then grabbing door handles just makes washing our hands futile!

My Ride
    G37X

What I don't get is why most places don't put the trash can beside the door in public washrooms. I also use paper towel to grab that germy door handle. Unless I'm having a michael jordan kind of a day, it's a little tough to free throw that towel ball into a far away trash can with the lid closed. So the end result is a pile of paper towel beside the door.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Y'all are blowing this out of proportion. What difference does it make after you get out of the washroom anyways. Are you sure that restaurant chair you're about to pull out has been 100% sanitized? What about those elevator buttons? Or the stair railings? And then there's CASH? Or what about that PIN pad you're using?

Do you live your life with one of these things? http://www.trendhunter.com/trends/safety-touch
    Or how about this thing? http://odditymall.com/germaphobe-door-opener-key-chain

Originally posted by FixedGear
    true true. I have noticed however that since I started washing my hands frequently while out in public (since the last several years), I rarely get sick. I don't think I've gotten a cold in the last 2 or 3 years, which is pretty amazing considering that recently I've been travelling via airports/trains/buses almost every week since early December.
    This. You wash your hands for YOU! Who cares what other people do / don't?

I find most people wash their hands by running cold water over them for less than 1 second. VERY few people use soap, just from my general observations. It's always disturbing in an office environment how many people don't wash at all, or just do the water rinse. Personally I don't see people pretend to wash very often, but I almost never see people use soap.

I also see that more and more places either move the garbage can to the door, or have a second garbage can near the door, because a lot of people don't want to touch the handle. I have seen some door handles designed to be grabbed with your forearm, which is kind of neat. Swinging doors or no doors is the best though.

What I don't get is the Dyson Airblades - what a bad design. As soon as you put your hands in, the air blasts your hands against the sides, completely negating the touchless design. They have a new one now that is kind of reversed and it works a lot better.

My gym has one of those XCELERATOR hand dryers that sound like a jet engine RIGHT above the garbage can haha - worst planning I have ever seen in a bathroom. As soon as it turns on, it empty's the entire contents of the garbage can onto the bathroom floor.

Lastly I remember once I was in the Calgary airport and some guy whipped out his dick and washed it in the sink after peeing haha. Super weird. I guess he wanted to be extra clean.

At the end of the day people's washing habits will never change, and I haven't been sick from it yet (that I know of) so I just continue my normal routine of washing my hands thoroughly multiple times a day.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I like the feeling of clean hands, washing them about as often as I use the toilet seems like the right amount to me, so it's not so much about washing all the pee/poo off my hands, it's just about being clean in general. And I always wash before eating!

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
    I My gym /snip/
    Speaking of gyms and germs, well, this is really gross, but what about sharing sweating crotch juice from the seats?

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

People don't give their immune systems enough credit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast