Quantcast
Beyond Forum Upgrade - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Beyond Forum Upgrade

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Originally posted by shakalaka
    As long as there is a section of 'new posts' where all the posts with updates since my last visit are listed, I am happy.
    That is useful for sure. For me, I primarily want to see new posts in any thread where I had contributed, and/or a way to get a notice if someone had quoted me in one of my posts.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Like / Hate, that is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Background music when you log on like My Space used to have.

More active Ask Leo.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by D'z Nutz
    I hate this feature and think it's so stupid. This isn't reddit or facebook.
    Makes more sense than 10 posts quoting +1, +2, me too, +4 etc

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Nice, I'm looking forward to it. I had it on my site before I sold it and loved working with VB4 when it first came out.

Some Add ons/plugins that I really like

Miserable Users - This one was fun. You know the type of user that just won't go away? You can ban them, but they'll just come back with another account and keep being a dbag. This add on just creates a user group that you could add them into, making the site very frustrating to use so hopefully they just stop coming. Stuff like increasing their load times, chances of them just getting re-directed to the homepage, or getting a server error, etc. I think it was something like 10% of the time they'd actually be able to get to the page they wanted too. Basically a much more subtle and funnier version of the old "tachy goes to coventry" mode vb used to have

Reputation systems - There's lots of these, like "Thank this post" buttons, but my favourite are karma systems that are sort of like a cross between a "Thanks" button the user rating system on beyond now. Basically each post would the option for users to give posts a + or -, but instead of showing up as a rating per post like on Reddit it contributes to that users overall rating

vbRides - Garage - Thought of this one right away for Beyond. Basically adds a bunch of profile fields and a section for users to post their cars. Here's their demo site http://www.action-network.com/vbrides.php

Taptatalk Signature remover - Automatically removes that annoying "Sent from my xxxxxx via tapatalk" signature from all tapatalk users
    Last edited by btimbit; 04-28-2017 at 04:03 PM.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Originally posted by jwslam

Makes more sense than 10 posts quoting +1, +2, me too, +4 etc
    my point exactly.. quoting a wall of text that makes a thread 10 pages long just to post most other forums use it but i guess we can keep it primitive.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Search within individual thread?

e.g. "Glenlivet" within the scotch thread.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by RX_EVOLV
    Search within individual thread?

e.g. "Glenlivet" within the scotch thread.
    Yup, VB4 has that feature stock I believe

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

Originally posted by btimbit

Taptatalk Signature remover - Automatically removes that annoying "Sent from my xxxxxx via tapatalk" signature from all tapatalk users

OMG THIS, so annoying.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If this new version is going to have tapatalk can we PLEASE not have that god damn tapatalk popup when you browse on mobile?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Looking for some feedback on Tapatalk. How many of you guys actually use it? Do you use it to browse multiple forums? Or would you prefer a dedicated beyond tapatalk app for it? End of the day, that may decide how much we invest in it if there's enough people using it.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Tapatalk, I don't even like mobile themes. I like the desktop experience on my mobile devices, at least until my eyes start failing me.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Originally posted by rage2
    Looking for some feedback on Tapatalk. How many of you guys actually use it? Do you use it to browse multiple forums? Or would you prefer a dedicated beyond tapatalk app for it? End of the day, that may decide how much we invest in it if there's enough people using it.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Tapatalk, I don't even like mobile themes. I like the desktop experience on my mobile devices, at least until my eyes start failing me.
    Not a fan of tapatalk or mobile site layouts. Always use Desktop mode unless the mobile experience is better.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Tapatalk really limits the forums features, and is just a pain to navigate. Honestly when I go on a forum and it directs you without asking to the tapatalk interface, I immediately switch to the full desktop version.

Does the new forum have hover over preview? That's my biggest request.

How about hiding individual user avatars/signatures instead of disabling them completely for all users?

There's a few borderline NSFW avatars/sigs for certain users that i don't want to see while at work but i don't want to disable them completely.

My Ride
    teslo murdel free

^
    The individual avatar hiding is a good idea

Never use tapatalk

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by rage2

I'm with you. Hate Taptatalk and hate mobile themes, always browse full sites even when on my phone. 10 years ago they made sense, I don't feel like they do anymore. They just limit the experiance
    Last edited by btimbit; 04-28-2017 at 04:37 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I hate Tapatalk. In fact, when I'm browsing on the shitter and I go to a forum that has it and I get that annoying popup, I just close the page and wait until I'm at my desktop or laptop before I go back (if I even remember).

I don't mind mobile themes if it's done right, like with responsive CSS. But please don't make a mobile URL unless you have some Javascript that detects the device and redirects to the appropriate layout. I hate when someone sends or posts a mobile URL and I view it on the desktop and I get the watered down version of the page and I gotta figure out the full page URL.

If you're going to have a mobile layout, at the very least have a link at the bottom of the page to flip between mobile and full. Amazon's the worst for that in that it doesn't even have a link back to the full version.

Settings for if you're on a mobile device to change the view for your personal preference. Then it's set for good.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

Tapatalk fucken sucks. So do mobile themes.

Can we please keep a desktop theme for the mobile devices? Or at least an option for those who want to see the mobile theme.

Custom user titles would be nice as well.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast