Quantcast
Fyre festival whoops. - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fyre festival whoops.

Meanwhile at Ja Rule's offshore account, setup for Fyre Festival payments...

Originally posted by Xtrema

There is a bit of satisfaction that the millennial know-it-alls got played by celebrities.
    Even ignoring the warnings from this Twitter account.

https://twitter.com/fyrefraud

The best part is that most of the "victims" all seem to be Instagram/Youtube/Tumblr social media whores. Was there anyone that was there because they actually wanted to see Blink 182 or Ja Rule live?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

What ever happened to just going to Ibiza

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by sputnik
    The best part is that most of the "victims" all seem to be Instagram/Youtube/Tumblr social media whores. Was there anyone that was there because they actually wanted to see Blink 182 or Ja Rule live?
    I think a lot of these social media whores are starving for content and this could be a way to get it.

Just look at how well is Tasty doing with the $2000 pizza and other insanely priced food item on YT.

Originally posted by JordanEG6
    People love to hate on others with money.
    I don't think its about hating people with money. If people hate Kendall Jenner they should hate Bill Gates and Warren Buffett exponentially more.

I think it is more about hating the socialite culture that social media has created and monetized.

You have 20-somethings doing little more than whoring themselves out on any social media platforms with no marketable skills other than the ability to show off products and look hot while doing it.

So to see them getting suckered into an event designed to further fuel their vanity is just simple schadenfreude.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

I don't think its about hating people with money. If people hate Kendall Jenner they should hate Bill Gates and Warren Buffett exponentially more.

I think it is more about hating the socialite culture that social media has created and monetized.

You have 20-somethings doing little more than whoring themselves out on any social media platforms with no marketable skills other than the ability to show off products and look hot while doing it.

So to see them getting suckered into an event designed to further fuel their vanity is just simple schadenfreude.
    What about the rest of the regular people who just wanted to go get banged up on a island in the Bahamas and party? lol

I bet the guy who made the FyreFraud twitter loved that though. huge I told you so moment

My Ride
    NC1

lol what a shit show. sucks for all those people.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Exploded.

Originally posted by Xtrema

I think a lot of these social media whores are starving for content and this could be a way to get it.

Just look at how well is Tasty doing with the $2000 pizza and other insanely priced food item on YT.
    Fuck. I love those 'Worth It' shows on YouTube.

My Ride
    an econo box

This exactly. It isn't the money. It's the type of event this thing was supposed to be in the first place. An ego boost for narcissistic douchebags and social media whores. Their choice of celebrity promoters shows this.

Still sucks people didn't get what they paid for, hopefully they get a refund. I guess they'll have to go back to gym and/or fake rolex selfies for now.

And I bet a lot of the attendees are not "rich" but rather in huge credit card debt.
    Last edited by KrisYYC; 05-02-2017 at 09:46 PM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by KrisYYC
    And I bet a lot of the attendees are not "rich" but rather in huge credit card debt.
    Or business expense. $12K to buy views and grow your channel isn't that bad of a deal. Even the event went south like it did, I gave view count to a few random vlogs that I normally won't even know they existed.

My Ride
    17 Civic HB Sport

Glad this thing fell through, I can only imagine what thousands of ravers would have done to such a beautiful island. Apparently Fyre is now banned from the Bahamas as well, good riddance!
    Last edited by LadyLuck; 05-03-2017 at 10:53 AM.
    What kind of birdhouse can you build with popsicles, roofies, and a rubber mallet?
    "It's for a rare African bird called "none your business."
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    If you were straight I'd eat you like a BLT sandwich with extra Bacon. And I fucking LOVE bacon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2