Quantcast
German vehicle owners and the one signal click (split) - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: German vehicle owners and the one signal click (split)

My Ride

Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Weird, my last 2 cars have been Hondas and the exact same thing happens all the time Maybe they just think I'm a douche

Could be! :P

I usually have 2 or vehicles that I drive on rotation, and at that point I went from a lowered 240sx and 4x4 ranger on 32's to the M3 (my buddy was borrowing my truck to move). Same drive home, same roads, and a complete change in the drivers courtesy around me. Took it for a drive after work, same thing. I had to revert to my Ontario douchebag driving roots to get anywhere.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Originally posted by Sentry
    If someone tries to shut the door on me trying to change lanes I keep coming over anyway. I didn't cut them off, they cut themselves off. Fucking idiots.
    I do this all the time. Especially on idiots that swing into the far lane after making a left turn. If I'm in front, turned into the close lane and then try to change into the right lane, like you're supposed to, but I can't because this other asshole is already there, I just go anyway

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I've rotated 3 very different vehicles for my commute and find major differences in how courteous other drivers are towards me.

2016 RAM 1500 - Nobody likes you, nobody will let you in, you are a douche
    2008 BMW M3 - Nobody likes you, nobody will let you in, you are a huge douche
    1989 Westfalia - Everybody loves you. You can drive as sloppily as you'd like and people will give you the utmost courtesy. You are a granola hippy.

No matter how I drive the vehicles, people are much more courteous to the Westfalia.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

If someone tries to shut the door on me trying to change lanes I keep coming over anyway. I didn't cut them off, they cut themselves off. Fucking idiots.
    until they let you drive in to them and you get to pay the bill.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

I let BMWs in every chance I get so I can tail them and watch all other drivers mistreat and abuse them and vice versa

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

Originally posted by Thaco
    until they let you drive in to them and you get to pay the bill.
    I've never hit anyone or anything in a car, ever. I know where my car begins and ends and how to put it where I want it, at 5 km/h or 100 km/h (or more). Comes from driving in tight spaces all day every day, and driving in tight traffic on a racetrack trying to squeeze by slow but powerful cars in a grippy underpowered car.

I'll step on the line but I won't cross the line.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'll step on the line but I won't cross the line.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

Originally posted by rage2

A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

Well it's good to know that there are some German car drivers out there that know how to use their signals for a lane change...

My Ride
    changes every year

Originally posted by speedog
    Well it's good to know that there are some German car drivers out there that know how to use their signals for a lane change...

a guy just did that exact same thing to me last night, started swerving but kept control. he was in such a hurry that I caught up to him at a red light. I gave him some really dirty looks but he would not look over lol

it scared the shit out of me, I didn't even see him coming. felt like going on a rampage on him, but my face was just red hot from burning through him with laser eyes.

#coolstoryborat

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I've never got more hate than I do in the 330xi... yeah, more than the M

It seems like every time I'm on Deerfoot someone goes out of their way to cut me off, like their lane is so free of traffic that I change lanes into their old lane to pass them... more so to see if they're drunk or just stupid and every damn time I'm greeted with the middle finger... and last time it was like a 50-60 year old woman

But for the record, I don't single click... it's either zero or three, because auto 3 click

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Today I had someone in a minivan swerving back and forth across three lanes of traffic to stop me from passing him...

Apparently the new car is worse than the BMW was
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

I think some people are reading way too much into their bias anecdotal evidence.

Most drivers have absolutely zero clue what the difference between an M3 and a 330 is.

90+% of the drivers out there look at the road world as truck, car and motorcycle. That's it....

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Originally posted by J-hop
    90+% of the drivers out there look at the road world as me , truck driving asshole, BMW asshole, motorcycle asshole, everyone else. That's it....
    FTFY

Originally posted by J-hop
    I think some people are reading way too much into their bias anecdotal evidence.

Most drivers have absolutely zero clue what the difference between an M3 and a 330 is.

90+% of the drivers out there look at the road world as truck, car and motorcycle. That's it....
    This. My wife seems to be able to pick out BMW's and older 70-80's North American stuff but beyond that, it just doesn't matter to her. Mans far as identifying whether it's an M3 or 330, nope, ain't happening. Hell, I don't care enough any more to be able to know model differences such as that, a 1 series to 3 series - yeah, I can figure that out but beyond that it just isn't a big deal.

The average hockey mom or SUV driver, it really doesn't matter to them and they most likely don't care either.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I'm not saying it makes any sense... cause if I'm going to get hate, it's going to be from how I'm driving the M, not putting down Deerfoot in the right lane with the flow of traffic in the 330, it's just been my observation as of late, and I've even done the f150 thing, lowered tuner car, motorcycle, everything... nothing matches the 330 hate

My Ride
    Exploded.

wat
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    335xi 70 c10 84 c10 Indian chief

I wish mine clicked 6 times. I always push it twice once when I'm going to move then again while entering the lane (BMW)

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Originally posted by speedog

lol ive always wonder what its like for someone to not make the gap.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

This is only ONE of the bizarre driving norms in Calgary that I've noticed as someone who has grown up in a big city like Vancouver...in Vancouver, a city with actual traffic problems due to congestion no one is going to "let you in", you just signal and force your way in, I drove once in Miami and it is 1000x worse there, so take it from me, there are lots of people in this city from bigger cities and it is bizarre to "let someone in", the attitude is if you want in, put on your blinker and force your way in because it's not my job to slow down or brake to let you in, I don't think I've ever encountered anyone who deliberately closed a gap after I've signalled, and I drive an Infiniti and have also driven BMWs, this is probably all in your head...no one is cutting anyone off, it's just different ways of driving...the same goes another bizarre Calgary norm..."early merging", fucking retarded...

Take Sentry's quote there, he's got his panties all up in a knot...but to me, what he does is normal. He's doing it right.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast