Quantcast
New Tesla Dealership? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Tesla Dealership?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Default Re: Re: New Tesla Dealership?

Originally posted by VWEvo

Believe it or not, they are having decent sales here in Calgary. I believe they are selling approximately 30 cars per month.
    Is it really that high now? I recently read that both Calgary and Edmonton only have about 150 fully electric cars registered in each city. Assuming a few are Nissan Leaf's, Ford Focus, and VW Golf's, it would seem hard to believe Tesla is selling 360 a year in Calgary.

I mean I assume the sales are increasing steadily, but that still seems high for cars that cost $100-250K.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Originally posted by Maxt
    I've heard a horror story of getting body repairs done on a tesla first hand from a tesla owner. The insurance company was having a major issue with the repair work, in terms of being able to get it done locally.
    This doesn't sound like something that won't make insurance rates skyrocket on their cars at all.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

This doesn't sound like something that won't make insurance rates skyrocket on their cars at all.
    That kind of data takes a few years of history to get on the books for analysis. I've never actually priced one out though.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    Exploded.

Subsidization and federal support of EV will boost the sales further. Maybe it'll happen to Canada one day, like in Norway!

http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-the-te...-no-1651261025

Helps that Norway is effin' rich but whatevz.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by flipstah
    Subsidization and federal support of EV will boost the sales further. Maybe it'll happen to Canada one day, like in Norway!

http://jalopnik.com/heres-why-the-te...-no-1651261025

Helps that Norway is effin' rich but whatevz.
    Canada has it at provincial level:

Ontario: $14K off
    BC: $5K off (MSRP of EV must be under $77K)
    Quebec: $8K off

My Ride
    SL550, P100DL, F-450, FIAT

Originally posted by Xtrema

Canada has it at provincial level:

Ontario: $14K off
    BC: $5K off (MSRP of EV must be under $77K)
    Quebec: $8K off
    It sucks when all these provinces have PST to make it match or more than the grants.
    Professionally Retired

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:50 PM.

I don't think rates will go up at all.

Take it from this perspective: All of these pure electric cars will probably have at least three GPS sensors (for redundancy) and maybe some other type of backup sporadic location tracking system (cellular and wifi) maybe send out the occasional signal to "smart" traffic lights.

Noone is going to steal a Tesla if they know that its trackable. All a Tesla owner has to do is call in that their vehicle has been stolen, and then next time that Telsa passes by a free Wifi spot or a specialized cell frequency, or plugged into a Telsa charging station, it automatically alerts itself to lockdown in spot and wait for authorities.

It will take some time to come down from luxury pricing, but its not impossible to have electric cars being less to insure because no one will steal them, and any accidents from that type of criminal activity hit zero.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-21-2017 at 02:38 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:52 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think rates will go up at all.

Take it from this perspective: All of these pure electric cars will probably have at least three GPS sensors (for redundancy) and maybe some other type of backup sporadic location tracking system (cellular and wifi) maybe send out the occasional signal to "smart" traffic lights.

Noone is going to steal a Tesla if they know that its trackable. All a Tesla owner has to do is call in that their vehicle has been stolen, and then next time that Telsa passes by a free Wifi spot or a specialized cell frequency, or plugged into a Telsa charging station, it automatically alerts itself to lockdown in spot and wait for authorities.

It will take some time to come down from luxury pricing, but its not impossible to have electric cars being less to insure because no one will steal them, and any accidents from that type of criminal activity hit zero.
    Rates are already going up in some states: https://www.forbes.com/sites/lianeyv...nsurance-rates

Reasoning: https://electrek.co/2017/06/05/tesla...surance-rates/

“The Highway Loss Data Institute report covered the 2014-16 model years. Vehicles are divided into classes based on size, weight and competing models. The frequency and severity of claims are compared with overall average claims of passenger vehicles and the average claims of the vehicle’s class. In evaluating Tesla vehicles within their categories and to the overall population of vehicles, the report found the amount and cost of claims to be much higher than average.”
    I do like Tesla's response tho...

“This analysis is severely flawed and is not reflective of reality. Among other things, it compares Model S and X to cars that are not remotely peers, including even a Volvo station wagon. Model S has the fastest 0 to 60 mph time of any production car ever tested by Motor Trend, and Model X has by far the best acceleration of any SUV. Obviously, it is false and misleading to compare them to a station wagon without explaining this discrepancy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

So wouldn't that just indicate that Tesla owners have been paying far too low of rates to date since they were being compared to much cheaper and slower cars which have lower rates?

I'm struggling to understand what Tesla's point is in that statement. Do they think they should pay comparable rates to other sub 4 second 0-60 cars because I don't think they want that either...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I'm struggling to understand what Tesla's point is in that statement. Do they think they should pay comparable rates to other sub 4 second 0-60 cars because I don't think they want that either...
    Exactly. It makes no sense haha.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Rates might be going up just because its a cash grab, the last gasp of the oil companies to try and retain its power in some form of collusion. It may be short lived.

With the battery built so low to the ground, it should be fairly easy to make cheap electric cars that handle equivalent or even better than expensive combustion cars. Better handling = less accidents. 2,000 moving parts = more chance of something going wrong with a combustion engine while in use. 20 moving parts, less accidents due to failure of any one part in use.

If they get it right, electric vehicles should be insured for much less than equivalently priced combustion engines.

Although there is the argument that insurance companies will hate electric vehicles for a completely different reason: If they decide to give out lifetime warranties on electric car drivetrains and 99.95% collision avoidance artificial intelligence, what need is there for insurance? If you use a breakthrough material and build a glass window that never breaks, why would you need to insure that glass window?
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-23-2017 at 07:59 AM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Drove by yesterday. Saw 3 S' and one X in pre-delivery wrappings out back.

Are they close to Grand Opening?
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I thought we established it's not a dealer, but a service center, the cars are probably just getting PDI'd prior to delivery. If Tesla owns the place it seems like a logical location to do that.

Unless Tesla has a grand opening for a service center, they are so full of themselves i wouldn't put it past them

So... any model 3's scheduled for delivery in July like they promised yet?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Pretty sure July is just production start and not deliveries. They haven't even unveiled the final car yet.

I thought we established it's not a dealer, but a service center, the cars are probably just getting PDI'd prior to delivery. If Tesla owns the place it seems like a logical location to do that.

Unless Tesla has a grand opening for a service center, they are so full of themselves i wouldn't put it past them

So... any model 3's scheduled for delivery in July like they promised yet?
    They actually had a grand opening party last Thursday (day of sneak a peak for stampede) for all the owners.

I was busy so I didn't go but I heard it was well attended.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I thought we established it's not a dealer,
    It looks like a dealership to me, they have a showroom.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2