Quantcast
boy cars are quick - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: boy cars are quick

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Originally posted by Sugarphreak

Do you have a build/buy thread somewhere? I completely missed when you bought an M3.

Your posts had been confusing me lately, I kept thinking you were talking about your tired ol' luxury beater on bags, haha.
    I guess there was this?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/401229/wh...-to-live-with/

And that old Lexus was on coils for like 2 or 3 years, was an amazing stealthy hwy car

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:41 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Oh nice buy man!

Although it looks downright sensible in the photo, very un-ercchry like. Needs a wing with a lot of exposed bolts, or maybe a winch.
    I've never had either of those things

jimmy keeps trying to sell me kw coils... but I rather enjoy my edc and don't want to lose it

Favourite part of the car is that you can turn it into a race car with a push of a button on the fly, no stupid cheap codes or anything else... press the "m" and boom, aggressive throttle curve, stiffer dampening, and dsc off

Picked it up on the winters already, so only have had it on the PSSs for about a week now so having lots of fun

...it's also tuned now, only adds like 15whp, but the mid range feels better
    Last edited by ercchry; 05-12-2017 at 02:17 PM.

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by ercchry

I've never had either of those things

jimmy keeps trying to sell me kw coils... but I rather enjoy my edc and don't want to lose it

Favourite part of the car is that you can turn it into a race car with a push of a button on the fly, no stupid cheap codes or anything else... press the "m" and boom, aggressive throttle curve, stiffer dampening, and dsc off

Picked it up on the winters already, so only have had it on the PSSs for about a week now so having lots of fun

...it's also tuned now, only adds like 15whp, but the mid range feels better
    I'm very jealous of your new ride it's stick shift right? But I do think the 2 doors are sexier. 4 door is a little more practical though.

Very cool to pickup the last of the high rev NA V8 cars.

A buddy of mine lent me his E90 and it was a riot with the dual clutch. But I wanted to grab gears. Red leather interior on a black car is pure sex
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 05-12-2017 at 03:01 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah, manual... 4dr because daily, it's a great balance of fun and practicality (ask flipstah how it handles in the winter with dsc off)

With tune it revs to 8700 now

My Ride
    G37X

Originally posted by ercchry
    Yeah, manual... 4dr because daily, it's a great balance of fun and practicality (ask flipstah how it handles in the winter with dsc off)

With tune it revs to 8700 now
    They are such confident feeling cars for a lack of a better term. The feel of the steering/brakes and those factory seats are just great. That's mental. Hopefully those have good oil pumps to keep up! But that's a car that demands a track to really work it out. Isn't the mileage pretty terrible in the city?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

If you want to feel anything remotely close to power, yes... 16-18L/100kms... but the thing doesn't bog so you can pretend it's a 328i and limp around at like 2k shifts and it's probably good? I wouldn't know... but on the highway it's surprisingly good, got stuck in a blizzard in the park once coming back from golden so was maybe doing 100km/h from about field to kananaskis but before and after that stretch was going a little faster and averaged about 10L/100kms

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Probably a different system on that car, I have full on, dynamic, and off... dynamic actually isn't too bad, if you hate your brake pads but full on is pretty intrusive, but the chassis is just so good full off is great

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

Originally posted by mr2mike
    They went forced induction back in the early 80s for production vehicles. I'm assuming it was cut because most people don't maintain their vehicle and would run problems that cost way too much to repair.

Doesn't the BMW 335 motor have issues a few years down the road with carbon build up? Now guys are working on a way to clean that up cost effectively?

Guess we do run a more, use and dispose society now.
    Injectors are now becoming an issue with these cars and unfortunately they cost a fortune.

With that being said many people in this thread back in the late 90s dumping thousands in their cars just to run high 14s.
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

going back to it... is that the new normal I think has been defined by mid-sized family cars with high output V6s thanks to the VQ

And then in 05, the MKV 2.0 TFSI engine also establishing a new stanard in usable torque which today is now fitted into more VAG platforms than anything

Don't get me wrong, there were lots of engines with turbo's like the WRX, SR20 in the Silvias etc.. which were very stout...

but it wasn't until engines with hnfinante variable valve timing, coupled to a well managed wastegate and the decision to compromise on high RPM hp (improving low/mid range power) with smaller turbos, which also spool faster due to better designs

add DI, and you can even pump up compression to the moon, so you don't completely run out of steam when a small K03 or GT25 turbo can't keep the PSI up.

have we seen almost all cars from the mid-20s to the low 40's 1/4 well under the 15 second range.

Also I think turbo's are just more consistent for power, driveability and fuel economy, especially when coupled to many geared PDK/DSG or heck even slushbox trannys

Today a riced out type R was reving around, and was passing everyone on the slow lane.

He tries to come out to pass me in the fast lane (where I was already doing 120 with traffic in front of me) and to be a bit of an "audi" douche, I just tapped the DSG 2 gears down and there was no way for him to keep up, especially at that speed.

goes to show what was considered a rare and relaitvely "fast" car in its era, vs... what is considered a ordinary and typical compact vehicle today

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

An ITR on modern tires around a track would slay 90% of the cars it would lose a straight line race to. They were never horsepower champions.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Yeah modern engines are pretty amazing, my Q5 with the base 2.0T routinely walks away from big displacement vehicles on steep hills like nothing. Even on the extreme mountain pass hills in BC, it will just idle up them at well under 2000rpms while doing... um... the speed limit... yes... I'd never go over the speed limit.
    Doesn't that have to do more with how large displacement engines are usually mated with 6-speed?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6