Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94

Thread: FBI director fired

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    7,607
    Rep Power
    21

    Default FBI director fired

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/09/u...-fbi.html?_r=0

    Looks like another Watergate is happening? Trump wants the Russia talks buried?

    Somehow Maclean somewhat predicted this in March.
    http://www.macleans.ca/politics/what...d-james-comey/

    “The first rule of Washington politics is, ‘don’t make an enemy of the FBI,’ ” says Farnsworth. Firing the director would only pique public suspicion and prompt further investigation. “Not that he might not do it,” says Farnsworth, “but it would be breathtakingly unwise.”
    Last edited by Xtrema; 05-09-2017 at 04:09 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    The YYC
    My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane
    Posts
    154
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Good, he was a dick.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    2016 MB C450
    Posts
    7,607
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally posted by RealJimmyJames
    Good, he was a dick.
    But he was Republican's dick and single handedly ended Hillary.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    FBI hasn't been doing all that much, the 16 other spy agencies (that we know of) in the US have arguably done much more.

    Now, I'm not entirely sure if you need 17 different intelligence agencies at all, but every nation is different. Some nations only have one, America is obviously 17x better and at least 17x more expensive.

    If the CIA helped invent Pokémon Go, they are freaking supergeniuses.
    It is a heavily finable and jailable offense to bring a gun from the US into Canada.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema


    But he was Republican's dick and single handedly ended Hillary.
    Hillary ended Hillary.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,356
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    But he was Republican's dick and single handedly ended Hillary.
    Those were just early excuses. There was a much deeper problem within the party.

    http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/politi...ost/ar-BBAz1Gn
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    568
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This is the guy who said Hillary shouldn't be charged for having her e-mails on a private server even though he said she was guilty.

    Hillary sunk Hillary in addition to having and sharing classified e-mails on a private non-government E-mail Server. Pay for Play, Colluding with Media, Cheating on the Debates. Rigging the Primary against Bernie, Didn't Campaign in swing states, had a Pedophile for a Campaign Manager John Podesta....

    It's been 10 months since they started an investigation into Russia-Trump Collusion. Everyone that has come out says they have seen nothing. If there was anything, they would have found it by now. Just the fake media and Hillary trying to blame Trump on their failed campaign.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Chinatown
    My Ride
    2016 Golf TSi
    Posts
    9,898
    Rep Power
    25

    Default

    Originally posted by SportEL
    This is the guy who said Hillary shouldn't be charged for having her e-mails on a private server even though he said she was guilty.

    Hillary sunk Hillary in addition to having and sharing classified e-mails on a private non-government E-mail Server. Pay for Play, Colluding with Media, Cheating on the Debates. Rigging the Primary against Bernie, Didn't Campaign in swing states, had a Pedophile for a Campaign Manager John Podesta....

    It's been 10 months since they started an investigation into Russia-Trump Collusion. Everyone that has come out says they have seen nothing. If there was anything, they would have found it by now. Just the fake media and Hillary trying to blame Trump on their failed campaign.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Ah yes the old "impeachment in under 10 months or the president goes free" deal lol

    Trumps old campaign manager having to register as a foreign lobbyist to avoid prosecution, ignoring multiple warnings about Flynn, being swept up into surveillance on Russian operatives, blackwater mercenary CEO setting up secret Russia/Trump team meetings, Comey being fired immediately after appearing at the ongoing Grand Jury investigation.....yeah, nobody has found anything so far

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by Antonito
    being swept up into surveillance on Russian operatives, blackwater mercenary CEO setting up secret Russia/Trump team meetings
    Sensationalist and not remotely provable/lacking in any substantial evidence of such conduct. I'm the King of England!

    Everything about Hillary is 100% factual you Clinton nut hugger
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    -Trump himself has been going on and on about being spied on, plus the FISA warrants

    -the only official word on the Prince situation has been a "no comment", but I'll admit it's not supported by a bunch of documentation like the other stuff

    Hey did you hear? Trump is president. Ask him, I'm pretty sure he had print outs of the election map in his back pocket. So as much fun as it must be to revel in a victory from 6 months ago, it doesn't in any way distract from the very real possibility of impeachment and a variety of treason charges against Trump and/or his team

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    G6
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Xtrema
    But he was Republican's dick and single handedly ended Hillary.
    Trump bragged about being able to touch women's pussies. If the PR from that doesn't sink Trump, and just mention of her e-mails is enough to sink Hilary, maybe she's just a lousy candidate.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    G6
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by SportEL
    It's been 10 months since they started an investigation into Russia-Trump Collusion. Everyone that has come out says they have seen nothing. If there was anything, they would have found it by now. Just the fake media and Hillary trying to blame Trump on their failed campaign.
    Nobody's really come out and said anything, and that's a good thing. Do you really want another stupid media-induced scandal like the Hilary e-mails? Let them do their investigating, and report after the fact. No need for weekly updates.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    297
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Isn't it part of the FBIs job to spy on everyone including the president?

    I mean, the whole point of Internal Affairs is to spy on police(wo)men.
    It is a heavily finable and jailable offense to bring a gun from the US into Canada.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by Antonito
    -Trump himself has been going on and on about being spied on, plus the FISA warrants

    -the only official word on the Prince situation has been a "no comment", but I'll admit it's not supported by a bunch of documentation like the other stuff

    Hey did you hear? Trump is president. Ask him, I'm pretty sure he had print outs of the election map in his back pocket. So as much fun as it must be to revel in a victory from 6 months ago, it doesn't in any way distract from the very real possibility of impeachment and a variety of treason charges against Trump and/or his team
    What crime would get Trump impeached?

    People don't understand what impeachment is (or is not). The President must commit a crime IN OFFICE in order to get impeached. Impeachment is not the removal from office, it's essentially the start of a trial, not the finish. The House and Senate then need to actually pursue the trial of the President.

    People have weird notions of what impeachment actually is, and when/how it can be pursued.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally posted by Antonito
    So as much fun as it must be to revel in a victory from 6 months ago
    Hitemp seems to be revelling in it, you seem to be butthurt about the victory from 6 months ago. Two sides of the same coin.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,235
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

    Hitemp seems to be revelling in it, you seem to be butthurt about the victory from 6 months ago. Two sides of the same coin.
    I dislike Trump quite a bit. Hillary Clinton is just an awful person though, which is why it surprises me anyone defends or backed her to begin with.

    I'm not blind to how shitty Trump is. "Douchebag vs Turd Sandwich" is a perfect comparison.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2013 Q5
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally posted by Buster


    What crime would get Trump impeached?

    People don't understand what impeachment is (or is not). The President must commit a crime IN OFFICE in order to get impeached. Impeachment is not the removal from office, it's essentially the start of a trial, not the finish. The House and Senate then need to actually pursue the trial of the President.

    People have weird notions of what impeachment actually is, and when/how it can be pursued.
    This is a good video from an American Historian explaining a few ways. And actually it doesn't have to be a crime while he was in office...i believe anything during campaign and during the transition period before being sworn in is also fair game
    https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/861689167109013504

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally posted by Buster


    What crime would get Trump impeached?

    People don't understand what impeachment is (or is not). The President must commit a crime IN OFFICE in order to get impeached. Impeachment is not the removal from office, it's essentially the start of a trial, not the finish. The House and Senate then need to actually pursue the trial of the President.

    People have weird notions of what impeachment actually is, and when/how it can be pursued.
    There are various laws about dealing with other countries but the main concern seems to be how many people have been improperly dealing with Russia and then lying about it during clearance procedures, and then finding out if trump was aware. Or if trump himself has been in on the whole thing. Or none of the above.

    Originally posted by rx7_turbo2

    Hitemp seems to be revelling in it, you seem to be butthurt about the victory from 6 months ago. Two sides of the same coin.
    Even if it's fully proven that Trump is in cahoots with Russia, it doesn't invalidate the election. I'm fully aware that Clinton lost by being a shitty candidate. The worst Russia did in that regard is help expose that. What concerns me is the seemingly very real collusion with Russia, who is:

    A) in a Cold War with the EU (our allies/useful trading partners) over several countries

    B) completely incompatible with the goals of the US/Canada. The only thing of value that Russia has is oil and gas. You know who else heavily relies on selling oil and gas? CANADA. So every deal Exxon Mobile makes through Tillerson, the smaller our piece of the pie gets

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2012 GL350
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally posted by sabad66

    This is a good video from an American Historian explaining a few ways. And actually it doesn't have to be a crime while he was in office...i believe anything during campaign and during the transition period before being sworn in is also fair game
    https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/861689167109013504
    Well, technically, the House can vote to impeach for anything they damn well choose.

    But I was speaking more in practice....and I wasn't clear on my point.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Papandreou fired! Berlusconi fired? Merkel "decade"

    By ZenOps in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 11-07-2011, 08:09 AM
  2. New idiot director at work means....(Rant)

    By JRSC00LUDE in forum General
    Replies: 66
    Latest Threads: 11-29-2007, 02:12 PM
  3. CIA Director resigns

    By Redlyne_mr2 in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 8
    Latest Threads: 06-03-2004, 02:57 PM
  4. Macromedia Director

    By Fluidic in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 09-16-2003, 08:59 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •