Quantcast
NASCAR news/updates - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9
Results 161 to 179 of 179

Thread: NASCAR news/updates

  1. #161
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    (maah raahde)
    Posts
    5,825
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just was a boy scout for a lot of years and I swear I once knew ALL the knots.
    Even the will knot?

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Sidewall Town
    My Ride
    Sidewall
    Posts
    7,880
    Rep Power
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Even the will knot?
    I refused that one.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The solution is to start making beer. Peak oil by 2030. Peak beer by never. Pivot!

  3. #163
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    CEF4
    My Ride
    Ralli Machine
    Posts
    1,978
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I refused that one.
    Cos...

  4. #164
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    S.E. (not the drrty south)
    My Ride
    Natural gas, and natural gas accessories
    Posts
    7,380
    Rep Power
    29

    Default

    Closer pic. Bubba finally acknlowedged it wasnt a hate crime.

    https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/sta...144950272?s=20

    EbXu406WoAAWE1h.jpg

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    But it is very much a noose.

    Or a very good imitation of a noose.

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Seven time champ Jimmie Johnson tests positive for Covid-19, will miss Sunday's race.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Kentucky, a rookie snookers the veterans and pulls off his first victory on the last lap.

    Looked like Johnson's race until Keselowski took him out.

    And another amazing save by Kyle Busch...


  8. #168
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It's Bristol, baby, and the All Star Race - million bucks to the winner.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Maurice Petty, younger brother of Richard, dead at 81 - credited with 212 wins as an engine builder.

  10. #170
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Is Kansas as boring a racetrack as I thought it was this weekend? The last stage of the cup race was entertaining, but I had a hard time paying attention to the truck races and after the competition caution in the Xfinity race I fast forwarded to the last 10 laps.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Typical mile and a half race track, not usually the most exciting races. Loudon next week, mile track, should be better.

  12. #172
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I don't mind the other mile and a half tracks, and usually no matter what the trucks manage to put on a good race but this weekend was awful.

    There's no chance I'm watching Loudon. I hate that place. I'd rather sit in front of the TV for 3 hours with it shut off.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Seven time champ Jimmie Johnson honouring the other two - seven time champs at Darlington in September with a special paint scheme. Nicely done...

    48-throwback-625x340.jpg
    Last edited by speedog; 08-19-2020 at 08:25 PM.

  14. #174
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Michael Jordan is starting up a new NASCAR Cup Series team with Denny Hamlin as a minority partner and Bubba Wallace as their driver. https://www.jayski.com/2020/09/21/de...lace-to-drive/

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

  16. #176
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roval air time soon, hopefully some rain this year.
    I've seen the Xfinity series race in the rain at Mid Ohio and Road America and it's some of the worst racing I've ever seen.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  17. #177
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Roval air time soon, hopefully some rain this year.
    @speedog your dream came true, what did you think?
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

  18. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    My Ride
    is a fancied up Bow tie.
    Posts
    3,001
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    This race was one of the greatest examples of racing strategies and skills being played out, tire selection, when ro refuel, 2 tires versus 4, how much risk one had to take on a track that was wet in some places and dry in others and especially so because you might be running slicks or rain tires. Drivers needing to win to advance to the round of 8, drivers racing to impress because they don't currently have a ride next year.

    And Chase, what can you say - comes from 27th place 40 laps or so out to win - even the race announcers said that would be quite something to accomplish and yet he did just that.

  19. #179
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Medicine Hat
    My Ride
    GMC Exotics
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    The Xfinity race was entertaining just for how bad it was. Cars were pushing water in some of the corners. It wasn't great as a car race, but it was a neat experiment to watch.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1991 GMC C1500 350
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Similar Threads

  1. Fixed Mortgage Rates - News & Updates

    By TimLacroix in forum Real Estate / Finance
    Replies: 9
    Latest Threads: 07-01-2013, 06:37 PM
  2. Study: No news is better than Fox News

    By Xtrema in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 11-21-2011, 08:35 PM
  3. Hockey game Refresh and new updates

    By Team_Mclaren in forum Events and Meets
    Replies: 112
    Latest Threads: 12-23-2003, 03:32 AM
  4. Anyone have any Insurance Updates?

    By Weapon_R in forum General Car/Bike Talk
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 10-22-2003, 10:36 PM
  5. updates on city sightings

    By Kona9 in forum Street Encounters
    Replies: 15
    Latest Threads: 08-01-2003, 07:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •