Quantcast
Stuff you put through hell and still goes strong. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Stuff you put through hell and still goes strong.

Default Stuff you put through hell and still goes strong.

I started this thread when giving more thought to the opinions that old furnaces were reliable, easy to fix, and newer furnaces are the opposite. In one example of that, I replaced my old furnace with a new one about ten years ago. The fucking thing is so unreliable that I've got spares for the main components and stand ready for the next time of distress

With that said, what have you got that's been bullet proof? My examples:

1) A 10 year old Yard Works lawnmower with a Briggs & Stratton engine. My front lawn is typical size, but the back yard is 80 by 80 so it's getting a lot more wear and tear than a typical yard. Thing is, in all of that use, I've only replaced the plug once, and cleaned the air filter about 3 times. But even than, I didn't do it because the engine was running rough, but rather more of an offering to the engine gods.

2) My Shop Vac. Nothing more needs to be said about that.

3) My USB sticks. As a computer tech, I have 1 or more in my pockets at all times. Dropping them or putting them the washer has no ill effect, but it does it when answering the proverbial question of, "Is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me".

4) My 78 Caprice Classic or 88 (Suzuki?) Sprint.

That's it for now. Yours?

99 GMC Sierra - 501,xxx klicks and still going strong.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Silverado

Leatherman utility tool I have had for 10+ years. Trusty and reliable.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

My 1998 STi, lots of time spent powersliding around at auto x, rally x, ice dice, on snowy roads. Often on the fuel cutoff, always sideways. Unfortunately ended it myself when I crashed into my best friends car doing donuts on Ghost Lake.

My Ride
    changes every year

my Casio g-shock. I've only had it 4 years but it's a work only watch...I'm a welder. weld spatter, grinding sparks and just overall shit and abuse and until a recent battery change, it was working perfectly.

now it's sent away on the companies dime since they fucked up the battery change.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

My work flashlight. Fenix TA21, 8 years old, has been dropped onto concrete from 10'+ dozens of times, and 20'+ twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by DonJuan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Came back to ogle 2Legit2Quit wife's buns...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They're certainly big, but I don't know if they are the BEST I've tasted.

My Ride
    V8s

Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
    My 1998 STi, lots of time spent powersliding around at auto x, rally x, ice dice, on snowy roads. Often on the fuel cutoff, always sideways. Unfortunately ended it myself when I crashed into my best friends car doing donuts on Ghost Lake.
    I think that came up on my discover page on insta. Was it white or silver or something?

For me it was an old dirt bike. 1985 Honda XL100S. Two of them actually... mine got taken reasonably good care of, but for a number of years I revved that thing way higher than I should have all day long. My uncle had one for a farm bike that my cousni did the same thing to. Then it started leaking oil... by accident, my uncle literally ran it til the engine seized *twice*, and both times, he added oil, forced it to kick over, and it just kept going.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Originally posted by cjblair

I think that came up on my discover page on insta. Was it white or silver or something?

For me it was an old dirt bike. 1985 Honda XL100S. Two of them actually... mine got taken reasonably good care of, but for a number of years I revved that thing way higher than I should have all day long. My uncle had one for a farm bike that my cousni did the same thing to. Then it started leaking oil... by accident, my uncle literally ran it til the engine seized *twice*, and both times, he added oil, forced it to kick over, and it just kept going.
    Yep, would have been a easy fix with a fender, headlight and bumper cover, if not for the cam gear that exploded coincidentally at the same time (not accident damaged). I was going about 15km/h when I hit his car.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 05:42 PM.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

My Surly Steamroller Fixie....
    Been hit by cars, crashed drunk, been through hell and back.... barely a scratch and rides like a champ

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

My 1988 Jeep XJ. Ive never seen a vehicle do so much while providing so little for it.

My 1991 Craftsman 21 lawnmower with the Tecumseh engine. Was my dads and ran on the same oil for at least 15 years before I got it and changed it. Same watered down gummy fuel left all winter and still fires up with no issues and runs like a champ. She gets more love now but cant believe it still runs.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    G6

My Blackberry Classic

My Ride
    Anything topless.

Most of my exes. They are all married now with kids and they seem to have turned out okay considering what I put them through!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

WTF!! I am a moderator!!

1999 Honda Foreman 400. Parents bought it new in 2000, and it went through 3 kids and lots of friends, abused to shit. Been rolled at least a dozen times, crashed, flooded etc. Never done anything to it except oil changes and a shift fork. Odo has been wrapped, not sure what hours are at. Parents still use it today on their farm, even at minus 40 it fires right up. Really is a marvel to see it still around, knowing what it has been through. Id be surprised to see any made today that would withstand the abuse this has seen

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Oh man, my poor mother.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

My race car. I seriously do not deserve to have had it be as reliable as it has been, the abuse I put on it, combined with mediocre maintenance is pretty amazing. In fact, all of my Subaru's have been insanely reliable compared to most other vehicles.

My Ride
    LNF

Originally posted by 03ozwhip
    my Casio g-shock. I've only had it 4 years but it's a work only watch...I'm a welder. weld spatter, grinding sparks and just overall shit and abuse and until a recent battery change, it was working perfectly.

now it's sent away on the companies dime since they fucked up the battery change.
    I also have a g-shock that has been put thru hell.. It is about 10-14 years old.. It is solar powered and still holds a charge for a year or more. Been in the ocean lots and I used to take it out quadding in mud pits. Still works perfect and is in good shape still. .

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

My lunch box, from the mid 90's Pizza Hut edition. Got a new one and broke it in a month or two. Went back to old faithful, it's not pretty but works great.

My Ride
    79 Country Squire 95 Deville 09 Jeep JK

My wife.
    God I put her through some shit and she keeps coming back!

Makita cordless drill. Bought it when I started my apprenticeship. It's been used as a drill, hammer and prybar. It's been dropped off ladders too many times to count. I've trusted it with my life while drilling into live bus bars. Its been retired from regular duty now for a couple years but I always reminisce when I pull it out to do an oil change.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Before I start pwning all the members with my findings.
    Originally posted by Arash Boodagh
    Plus, is it true you can feed a pig elephant dong and it will still grow and build meat?
    Originally posted by Toma
    rx7_turbfoags best friend
    Toma the homophobe?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast