Quantcast
Vivint Home Security - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Vivint Home Security

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Vivint Home Security

Hi Folks

My 42 month contract with Vivint ended back in July and I've been on a month to month basis. Will be calling them and seeing if I can re-negiotiate some free items as leverage to re-sign so looking on what plans everyone has, what your paying and what is included in your plans and maybe when you signed up to gauge if everyones getting all the new items free. Looking to score a door bell camera, outdoor camera and maybe a keyfob and updated control panel.

Thanks in advance everyone

I have the Home Security Package. Paying $49.99/month
    Still have old GoControl panel ( I believe all new accounts now have the Go Sky Control panel)
    Smoke Alarm/Carbon Monoxide Detector
    Garage Door Tilt Sensor
    2 Motion Sensors
    3 Door Sensors
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Pushbroom

I don't have home security, but Jesus! $50/mo seems pretty steep!

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Signed up 2 years ago. Paying $50/month.

Got the new SkyPanel
    Doorbell Camera
    Indoor Camera
    Indoor sensor
    Smoke Alarm/Carbon Monoxide Detector
    2 door sensors
    3 basement window sensors

My Ride
    changes every year

man I pay 70 a month for 3 cameras and sensors on all the windows needed main floor and bbasemebt(walkout)and a sky panel lol that's steep.

My Ride

Originally posted by riced
    Signed up 2 years ago. Paying $50/month.

Got the new SkyPanel
    Doorbell Camera
    Indoor Camera
    Exactly the options I'm looking for and since your payment is just like mine, it can be done then.

Indoor sensor (Whats this? Motion sensor?)
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Alarm.com

Then you can pick cheapest provider
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 05-25-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Originally posted by BavarianBeast
    Alarm.com

Then you can pick cheapest provider
    When I fill out my postal code it just asks for your contact information so the alarm companies can call you.

I've renegotiated many times. Currently paying $39/month + tax on a 2 year term. And each time I called they lowered my monthly cost because I told them the hardware is already paid for, I'm not paying you guys $49/month anymore. And they also gave me free upgrades for renewing but on a shorter term.

So last time I got the keyless entry keypad thing, a unit that turns on/off a lamp or something, and a free inside camera. Ghe guy said he only out me on a 2 year term because that way I can call back for renewal in 2 years and get the doorbell camera and outside camera for free. Those had just come out at the time and he couldn't get me a deal on them.

But thanks for this reminder, I think I'm close to my 2 years being up now anyway hah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride

Originally posted by BokCh0y
    I've renegotiated many times. Currently paying $39/month + tax on a 2 year term. And each time I called they lowered my monthly cost because I told them the hardware is already paid for, I'm not paying you guys $49/month anymore. And they also gave me free upgrades for renewing but on a shorter term.

So last time I got the keyless entry keypad thing, a unit that turns on/off a lamp or something, and a free inside camera. Ghe guy said he only out me on a 2 year term because that way I can call back for renewal in 2 years and get the doorbell camera and outside camera for free. Those had just come out at the time and he couldn't get me a deal on them.

But thanks for this reminder, I think I'm close to my 2 years being up now anyway hah.
    Do you call the Customer Loyalty Dept or just the reg CS

I jsut call the main CS number and talk to them about it, not sure if they have an actual loyalty department but the peeps on the cs number usually just help me.

The main thing....emphasize to them that the hardware is already paid for, you ain't paying $49/month anymore.
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

Price aside, how happy are you guys with the product / service?

Seriously considering home security right now and the other options are DIY and Rogers (I've been with Rogers wireless for like 15 years, so I'm guessing I can get some sort of deal).

Thoughts?

My Ride
    Evo X, R6, Tundra

I just got Rogers, paying $40 per month for 2 years includes
    touch screen panel
    2 motion sensors
    4 door sensors
    outdoor and indoor camera
    weiser smart 10 touch screen electronic deadbolt
    1 smart lightbulb

Originally posted by Skyline_Addict
    Price aside, how happy are you guys with the product / service?

Seriously considering home security right now and the other options are DIY and Rogers (I've been with Rogers wireless for like 15 years, so I'm guessing I can get some sort of deal).

Thoughts?
    I've been extremely happy with their service, the features, the system. Long enough i've been with them for 6 years now I think.

Personally I had a problem with Vivint. I felt the package wasn't terrible. I had problems with the camera in the garage which would randomly flicker and cause me to get a warning of movement in the garage. Also my doorbell camera never worked proper.

Within the first 10 days of being able to return it. I asked for service, they sent the same tech who installed who put in 'boosters' which did nothing. I then requested a different tech to come out, and i waited around for a 10AM service, which the same tech called me at 1030 saying there was nothing he could do. I ripped out the entire system myself and boxed it back up for the guy to pick up. At that point found out i was billed for equipment which was never installed (Because they name the equipment in serial numbers and not names).

I went with my own home automation and just set up my own equipment with no issues.

My Ride

Originally posted by BokCh0y

I've been extremely happy with their service, the features, the system. Long enough i've been with them for 6 years now I think.

Same here. Pricey a little yes. If I had option I would of went United Alarm but thats local Calgary only. So this was next best option for me.

I mainly like them for their customer service. Any time I've had issues, I call them up and never been on hold for longer than 30 secs-1 min and their CS are so helpful and nice. They seem to really love their job and it reflects onto the Service they give their customers. I've also requested window decals, lawn signs, lawn sign LED lights many times over the years and they just send out next day on FedEx no questions and free of charges.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by dj_rice

Exactly the options I'm looking for and since your payment is just like mine, it can be done then.

Indoor sensor (Whats this? Motion sensor?)
    Yes, sorry motion sensor.

My Ride
    2014 Scion FRS

Originally posted by dj_rice

Same here. Pricey a little yes. If I had option I would of went United Alarm but thats local Calgary only. So this was next best option for me.

I mainly like them for their customer service. Any time I've had issues, I call them up and never been on hold for longer than 30 secs-1 min and their CS are so helpful and nice. They seem to really love their job and it reflects onto the Service they give their customers. I've also requested window decals, lawn signs, lawn sign LED lights many times over the years and they just send out next day on FedEx no questions and free of charges.
    ^ this.
    I've had nothing but good experiences with them - every time I had an issue, if they couldn't resolve over the phone - they either had a tech come out within a few hours or the next day.

After upgrading to Shaw 150 and the new modem, SkyPanel stopped connecting. They sent a tech out to install a new router to work with it the next day.

I did even get the chance to experience a false "break in" alarm.
    Something triggered the alarm literally minutes after leaving. (Must have been a shadow or something coming through the window or something). Seconds after getting the notification on my phone, I also had Vivint call me asking if everything was OK. Told them we literally just left so I was going to turn around and check. They said they would wait on the line while I checked and if anything happened, they would dispatch 911 immediately.
    While checking the house, they were talking to me and asking for continuous updates and for me to keep talking so that they knew nothing was wrong.

Quite a scare checking your own house for potential danger but the way they handled the alarm and all else was enough to win me over. One major advantage over "self-monitoring" I suppose.

My Ride
    07 997TT

Found this post before calling Vivint. My 42 month just expired.

Called them and they lowered to $34.95 on a 36 month contract. Gave me doorbell (which wife wanted)and upgrade to sky view panel for $160 (said it was $660 for both incl install and most he could give me was$500 off).

Not the best deal ... tried to get equipment free but guy wouldn't budge and I wasn't really looking to quit to begin with. Just wanted a better deal.

I realize the $160 will take me a yr worth of saving $15/month to pay off but oh well.

My Ride

Originally posted by 997TT
    Found this post before calling Vivint. My 42 month just expired.

Called them and they lowered to $34.95 on a 36 month contract. Gave me doorbell (which wife wanted)and upgrade to sky view panel for $160 (said it was $660 for both incl install and most he could give me was$500 off).

Not the best deal ... tried to get equipment free but guy wouldn't budge and I wasn't really looking to quit to begin with. Just wanted a better deal.

I realize the $160 will take me a yr worth of saving $15/month to pay off but oh well.

You have to threaten to quit and play hardball to get stuff. If they don't give me a good deal. Hang up. Try again with a different CSR till I get what I want.

As for the Skyview Panel, pretty sure its free with all the new people signing up and same goes for install, I've seen numerous free install advertisements.

I got a alarm system installed by VoxCOM and the monitoring contract ran out a few years ago. Recently one of the door chime sensors stopped working. What would be the best way to get that fixed without paying something crazy?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast