Quantcast
Player Unknown's Battlegrounds - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Player Unknown's Battlegrounds

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Wow, played about 10 games last night with the squad.

Was tough getting used to everything, but the system optimization is VERY good now. Lots of stuff that was broken is seamless now (the transition from parachute to landing on the ground). Vehicles drive much better. I can actually see things at a distance.

Overall, solid 1.0 release on PC.

One thing that is pissing me off is the map weighting to the Mexican map. With the game being cleaned up, its not quite a new game but its pretty close. I'm having a hard time getting up to speed with all the changes AND a new map, I only started playing this game 3 weeks ago so its not like I've been playing the Russian map since July. Would really have liked to play more games on the old map first.

Also, super disappointed they removed fog and rain. But a multiplayer game lives and dies by how many people join up, and most games started with only 60 people in fog or rain. Rumor of a test-trial for night modes is coming which would be INTENSE!

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Also, super disappointed they removed fog and rain. But a multiplayer game lives and dies by how many people join up, and most games started with only 60 people in fog or rain. Rumor of a test-trial for night modes is coming which would be INTENSE!
    Was playing last night with a buddy, and thought of a new game mode. capture the flag. Everyone drops in randomly like now, and 90 seconds in, a flag spawns and is always visibile on the mini map. players can pick it up, and get points for however long they carry it for. you dont get any points for kills or damage, and the flag carrier can only use a pistol becuse the flag is in the other hand. If a non flag carrier dies, they respawn at a random place, and can join in again. The person that held the flag the longest and accumulated the most points won after say 10 minutes. obviously, there was more to it than that, but that is the jist of it.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Was playing last night with a buddy, and thought of a new game mode. capture the flag. Everyone drops in randomly like now, and 90 seconds in, a flag spawns and is always visibile on the mini map. players can pick it up, and get points for however long they carry it for. you dont get any points for kills or damage, and the flag carrier can only use a pistol becuse the flag is in the other hand. If a non flag carrier dies, they respawn at a random place, and can join in again. The person that held the flag the longest and accumulated the most points won after say 10 minutes. obviously, there was more to it than that, but that is the jist of it.
    That would be lots of fun! Keeps the battle royale concept but extends it. Halo 3 had something similiar I think, rather than bringing the flag any particular place, you just carried an item around (I think it was skulls).

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I bought a Geforce 1060 today in order to play this and other games, do I need this test server that steam is installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

Could have been over 60% if I wasn’t a paper hand bitch

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    I bought a Geforce 1060 today in order to play this and other games, do I need this test server that steam is installing?
    nope, dont need the test server at all

let me know how accurate Nvidias 1080p # 60fps on high claim is
    Last edited by Alterac; 12-22-2017 at 07:59 PM.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

my group turned on beast mode last night on xbox. 3 squad chicken dinners. we were wrecking everyone.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

I started playing this yesterday on my first game I made it to 6th place which was nice, didnt kill anyone though - I always seem to drop far from the playing circle. In that game I was carrying a useless crossbow and I reckon I could of actually gotten further if I had a grenade or a decent gun. I played a few more games but still not killing anyone. I only play solo - I feel like I might be too useless to play in a random squad so far. I havent checked out the FPS rate yet with this card.

Another game I decided to drive a truck into the blue circle but got distracted checking the map and ended up crashing into a pole and dying.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

I played a squad game last night with my usual group of guys, and we ended up getting a chicken dinner against the #1 rated squad player in North America and his group, and it came down to us versus them.

Don't wanna make it sound like we are good or anything, we just spammed nades at the end and got lucky LOL
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

On the pc version there is a bug where the whole game freezes the whole computer and it’s fucking annoying

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I played a squad game last night with my usual group of guys, and we ended up getting a chicken dinner against the #1 rated squad player in North America and his group, and it came down to us versus them.

Don't wanna make it sound like we are good or anything, we just spammed nades at the end and got lucky LOL
    That's pretty damn good regardless, your group must work well together.

Me and my buddies haven't gotten a chicken dinner in a while... but our group as a whole is typically surviving longer on average and has really upped our short term survival. We are regularly taking out 5-10 guys as a whole before the final 10 if we make it that far.

In one evening I got 25% of my total kills versus the entire previous month. Felt good!

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    On the pc version there is a bug where the whole game freezes the whole computer and it’s fucking annoying
    That's odd, ive been playing a couple hours a night of this on PC, and only had the game crash once on me, with some weird missing .net 3.5 error.
    Since the 1.0 update ive had almost no crashes and its been great.

Are you running the latest NVidia drivers?

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

yup

I turned on the debug for the card and that seems to of fixed it - i have no idea why though.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

What mode do you prefer tpp or fpp personally can’t see how anyone plays as tpp

only first person for me, stupid third is awful, you can see round trees and obstacles while they are hidden is complete crap

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Gart View Post
    @Alterac I need to start buying up your leftover parts again /sigh..
    Quote Originally Posted by Alterac View Post
    only first person for me, stupid third is awful, you can see round trees and obstacles while they are hidden is complete crap
    But then when you are hanging out of a car trying to shoot, I almost throw up.
    Played a bunch of 4 man yesterday and it was pretty good. Our best is now team #2.

We got a 4th and a 2nd last night, the 2nd was horrible cause the 1 guy left killed us both before we even saw him.

Also, don't hang out the cars for kills, use them to position your squad and for cover in order to fight.
    Hanging out sucks, and is hard to aim steady. That and he car no longer protects your head.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Alterac View Post
    The game was designed to be played in third person. Those things are kind of the point :p

First person devolves the game into a really slow paced Rainbow Six type shooter unless all you do is drop into spicy town directly out of the plane. Our team always plays TPP, I don't think I've touched FPP. In fact, I disabled the FPP key since I always kept accidentally hitting it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    The game was designed to be played in third person. Those things are kind of the point :p

First person devolves the game into a really slow paced Rainbow Six type shooter unless all you do is drop into spicy town directly out of the plane. Our team always plays TPP, I don't think I've touched FPP. In fact, I disabled the FPP key since I always kept accidentally hitting it lol.

FPP in my experience has been way faster pace than TPP, in TPP its been a campfest.

Pretty much all the pro's and tournaments are now FPP only. I think its only a matter of time till the default changes.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Thats exactly what I said. If I wanted fast paced FPS action, I have a bazillion other games to choose from. If I want a slow paced FPS, I also have games to choose from. FPS in this game just doesn't make any sense to me. Its like fast paced with major slow bits in between.

I'm not devolving this thread into a discussion over it, because in my 10 minutes on the shitter searching for stats, I now want to blow my brains out over the utter stupidity of the conversation online.

Edit-
    Understand, I am a big fan of FPS. Thousands of hours between Halo 1/2/3 COD black ops 1/2. Tournaments use fps because thats what all the FPS guys who have jumped on the bandwagon want. Which is fine, but hardly indicitive of the core audience.

Any stats I can find show an even split between servers.
    Last edited by HiTempguy1; 01-05-2018 at 12:41 PM.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Another thing I noticed was my default server was Asia. Do you guys only play on NA servers?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast