Quantcast
Trico Homes vs Avi - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Trico Homes vs Avi

Default Trico Homes vs Avi

Anyone has experience with Trico Homes? I am debating between Trico vs Avi for new build in Nolan Hills.

any current Trico home owners that would like to share the referral bonus?

My Ride
    21 CX5 GT Turbo

My best man build with Trico in Nolan and his house has been okay so far no major complaints, he has been in there for 2 years now he didn't have too much issues with getting warranty work done.

I have another friend who built with Trico a few years ago in Beacon heights and hated all the issues he had with his place. And I also have a friend who built in Evanston with Trico that had issues with getting warranty work done on a leak coming from their bathroom fan.

I built with Avi in Nolan Hill and I have no major complaints, Cory is a pretty easy guy to deal with I been here for 3 years now.
    Last edited by BigDL; 05-26-2017 at 09:34 AM.

Not sure about Trico, but i have built with AVI in Nolan hill. I should say that they have a very good sales team. other than the sales team, every thing else sucks. AVI has the worst warranty team ever. There are still some issues in the house that needs to be fixed which they never addressed it. Cheap contracting and poor customer service. I talked to my neighbors, who also built with AVI, they didn't like it either.

Definitely wouldn't recommend homes by AVI to anybody. Please stay away form them.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

Default Re: Trico Homes vs Avi

Originally posted by wavi
    Anyone has experience with Trico Homes? I am debating between Trico vs Avi for new build in Nolan Hills.

any current Trico home owners that would like to share the referral bonus?
    I've built with Trico and it was great. Quality was good and dealing with them at the time was good as well. Guess it will depend on the sales person and the design people you deal with. I would recommend them for sure.

Been in the house for coming up to 5 years. I live in Evanston, close to Nolan Hill.

Let me know if you want to split the referral bonus, PM me if you want more info or details on dealing with Trico.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 06:03 PM.

Had a coworker who had a very poor experience with Trico. He selected the lot/house, and spent a few weeks choosing colors, customizations, counter top and etc. He even broke the lease on his current place so they can move in during the expected move-in month. Then about a month later or so, Trico informed him the house selection won't fit in the lot. They tried to get a written exception but the city won't budge. In the end, he did get the deposit back but overall a very frustrating experience.

My Ride
    Honda

Originally posted by sansglee
    Not sure about Trico, but i have built with AVI in Nolan hill. I should say that they have a very good sales team. other than the sales team, every thing else sucks. AVI has the worst warranty team ever. There are still some issues in the house that needs to be fixed which they never addressed it. Cheap contracting and poor customer service. I talked to my neighbors, who also built with AVI, they didn't like it either.

Definitely wouldn't recommend homes by AVI to anybody. Please stay away form them.
    Cheap contracting, clear building code omissions, terrible customer service, attempts at covering up remediation work (never happened). AVI Urban is even worse with their president having no qualms about dropping F bombs on owners after agreeing to come see their deficiencies personally. Stay away.

My Ride
    TDi

I went with Trico and have been in my place in Nolan Hills for about 5-6 months now.

Good from start to finish. Had some issues with the house and had good service from their warranty people and were always willing to come and check it out. There's a lot of those "within building standards" stuff, but most problems were remediated.

Whereabouts are you looking as far as location? Curious as my area still has a few nice lots backing onto greenery still.

PM me if you want to split the referral.
    GO FLAMES GO!

A little off topic, but might be worth checking out Albi in Symons Gate as well.

We had a deposit down with Trico and were going to sign papers the following day. Heard about Albi building in Symons Gate so we checked them out on my way home. Ended up taking our deposit back and are in the process of building with them now.

Loved the floor plans and finishings, dealing with the sales reps has also been great. Two other friends built with them recently as well, no negative experiences.