Quantcast
Thoughts on/science behind chiropractic care? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Thoughts on/science behind chiropractic care?

My Ride
    TRD Pro

Originally posted by rx7boi
    Chiros and physios are a business.

They're not actual doctors and will play the "best guess" game while they charge you $50 a pop. If they don't at the very least ask for some corresponding medical documents relating to your condition, there's your first indicator.
    Ive been sent to MRI's and XRays on Chiropractic consultation....they were actually the ones who found my compression fractures..not the Doctors who I saw previously. Like anything there are good and bad.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Originally posted by Buster

I assumed your question is rhetorical because we both (should) know why it is irrelevant in terms of determining whether an intervention works or not.
    I think you're missing the point, so why don't you come down from your pedestal and let's have a conversation about pain and pain management.

I asked (repeatedly) if you live with chronic pain for reason.

You're wondering why people believe in the "hocus pocus, fairy tale" type of stuff, right? I'm assuming so, since your last several points have more or less been "how can people believe this bullshit". I get it.

Chronic pain. That's why. It changes you in a way that you can't really understand until it happens to you. Then, suddenly, things that you objectively know and understand shouldn't work become things you consider, and try, on the off chance that they do.

When you're in pain you'll do just about anything to enjoy some kind of reprieve from it, however temporary.

That's why people pursue, and promote, treatments and methodologies that the rest of us can't figure out. It's why people put causation on to their chiro, or physio, or whatever. They did a thing, they felt a reprieve from their pain, and now they have created an emotional attachment to the thing they feel helps them.

Maybe you live with chronic pain. If so, part of the above surely resonates with you. Everyone with a major injury, or a condition that causes consistent pain, will look outside of their comfort zone at least once. If you don't live with pain, maybe the realization that desperate people looking for answers will place extreme value (and faith) in what they feel helps them will help you better understand them/their actions.

Or maybe it won't. Who knows.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4