Quantcast
Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister? - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

My Ride
    Ford F150

That's what pisses me off about the conservative parties. Just a little social liberalism would get them a majority in my mind.

I'm trying hard to be supportive but I can't find much to like about Andrew Scheer winning.
    I can eat more hot wings than you.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by J-hop

What blows me away is that the conservatives haven't yet figured out the social side. Holy fak, just do something, fully support gay marriage or something, it's not that hard.
    If they have figured it out, they won't get rid of the Progressive from the party name.

BTW, RIP Alberta PC Party.

Originally posted by ExtraSlow
    Yeah, both provincially and federally this would do wonders for their support.
    - Stop talking about abortion, the matter is settled
    - Work on equal rights for all sexes, genders and orientations.

Boom, ten percent or more rise in popularity, majority governments.
    Well if you think about it, Conservatives are always scared of Sharia Law yet they are trying to get the government to enforce their value on everyone which is pretty much the same thing.

All Conservatives have to do is pull a Biden:

You can believe in what you want in your personal life, just don't drag it into the government.

As a fiscal conservative, I'm not happy with all NDP governments, I'm so far neutral on the Liberals but all Conservatives parties on every level are too extreme for my taste.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2017 at 09:10 PM.

What blows me away is that the conservatives haven't yet figured out the social side. Holy fak, just do something, fully support gay marriage or something, it's not that hard.
    It is hard when your party leaders don't support it and your grassroots party members definitely don't support it. It becomes something you just don't talk about but definitely can't full on support. The party's most loyal and active base of support are social conservatives, pissing them off just isn't something the party can afford to do.

Harper was able play this side pretty much perfectly as a conservative leader. Which makes the notion that Scheer will 'allow MP's to vote and speak as to their conscience' pretty laughable as it is the opposite approach that saw the CPC's greatest success. Harper was able to reel in the crazies but still appeal to the base better than anybody. But eventually the grip can loosen and the backbenchers get antsy and they start saying stuff and it scares the fence-sitters away.

Danielle Smith would be the conservative opposite who saw her inability to control the message and the people in her party lead from a seemingly surefire majority to an embarrassing defeat that stuck with the party through the next election even after she left.

Originally posted by kertejud2

It is hard when your party leaders don't support it and your grassroots party members definitely don't support it. It becomes something you just don't talk about but definitely can't full on support. The party's most loyal and active base of support are social conservatives, pissing them off just isn't something the party can afford to do.

Harper was able play this side pretty much perfectly as a conservative leader. Which makes the notion that Scheer will 'allow MP's to vote and speak as to their conscience' pretty laughable as it is the opposite approach that saw the CPC's greatest success. Harper was able to reel in the crazies but still appeal to the base better than anybody. But eventually the grip can loosen and the backbenchers get antsy and they start saying stuff and it scares the fence-sitters away.

Danielle Smith would be the conservative opposite who saw her inability to control the message and the people in her party lead from a seemingly surefire majority to an embarrassing defeat that stuck with the party through the next election even after she left.
    Yea the thing is though the social conservative voting base is getting smaller and smaller so why they can't figure out that they need to make the shift is beyond me. They probably would say something like "we stick to our principles" which in reality is "we're stubborn".

They need to stop making moronic comments in interviews on socially sensitive issues too. Saying "I have my views but this is what the Canadian public wanted so we aren't going to revisit that" is such a stupid thing to say. It shows they have zero social intelligence.

They need to stop making moronic comments in interviews on socially sensitive issues too. Saying "I have my views but this is what the Canadian public wanted so we aren't going to revisit that" is such a stupid thing to say. It shows they have zero social intelligence.
    It shows they have zero social and political intelligence.

FTFY.

They know Canadians want social progression such as gay rights, dying with dignity, etc, but the PC's won't shut up about it and have to express their high and mighty self righteous religious position.
    Last edited by Seth1968; 06-07-2017 at 08:37 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Yea the thing is though the social conservative voting base is getting smaller and smaller so why they can't figure out that they need to make the shift is beyond me. They probably would say something like "we stick to our principles" which in reality is "we're stubborn".
    Because immigrants.

Asians and south Asians if mobilized are mostly social conservatives as well.

And the attack and defunding of education institutions will only guarantee to build conservative base.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-07-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Anybody but the Globalist Cuck Islamist Sympathizer who can't speak without uhs everyone few words.

Scheer calls out Trudeau for Lying --> https://youtu.be/z-Ha4uOiAKY

Originally posted by Seth1968

It shows they have zero social and political intelligence.
    There's smart people in the party who are more than aware of how to play the political game. Better than anybody else in the country, really.

It's their supporters who are the problem. You don't need to say stupid things and do stupid things at the wrong time unless it is what your base demands

They know Canadians want social progression such as gay rights, dying with dignity, etc, but the PC's won't shut up about it and have to express their high and mighty self righteous religious position.
    Hard to get donations from the church going types and even harder to get them going door to door to solicit donations without pandering to that position. Rob Anders was great at mobilizing those people and it is the main reason he was tolerated in the party for so long by the powers that be. It is how the CPC got the huge funding edge on the Liberals after the donation rules were changed that left the Grits weak and disorganized after Chretien.

Resisting change is the basic premise of the political ideology. It's right in the name. It shouldn't be surprising that the party for old people and religious zealots is slow to accept the new hippie reality we live in.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by SportEL
    Anybody but the Globalist Cuck Islamist Sympathizer who can't speak without uhs everyone few words.

Scheer calls out Trudeau for Lying --> https://youtu.be/z-Ha4uOiAKY
    Didn't click on the link but I would bet it's from Rebel Media.

Originally posted by Xtrema

Didn't click on the link but I would bet it's from Rebel Media.
    Haha, nope. But the content wouldn't change anyways because of the source.

More Scheer Ownage of the Traitor Trudeau -->https://youtu.be/z6XAsLgHRZQ

Originally posted by kertejud2

There's smart people in the party who are more than aware of how to play the political game. Better than anybody else in the country, really.

It's their supporters who are the problem. You don't need to say stupid things and do stupid things at the wrong time unless it is what your base demands

Hard to get donations from the church going types and even harder to get them going door to door to solicit donations without pandering to that position. Rob Anders was great at mobilizing those people and it is the main reason he was tolerated in the party for so long by the powers that be. It is how the CPC got the huge funding edge on the Liberals after the donation rules were changed that left the Grits weak and disorganized after Chretien.

Resisting change is the basic premise of the political ideology. It's right in the name. It shouldn't be surprising that the party for old people and religious zealots is slow to accept the new hippie reality we live in.
    Wow, very good points.

All the more reason why a political system based in political parties, left, right, center, needs to be abolished.

Originally posted by Seth1968

Wow, very good points.

All the more reason why a political system based in political parties, left, right, center, needs to be abolished.
    At the very least we need a true separation of church and state. Maybe a little extreme but practicing a religion should ultimately bar you from entering or at the very least leading a political party. If we quit beating around the bush religion is one of the primary sources of poor and discriminatory social policies. Any person that thinks they can leave their religion at the door is deluded.

Remove religion and IMO not only will you remove the far right but you will remove the reactionary far left as well

Edit: and if someone comes in and says discriminating against discrimation is just as bad I'm going to double face palm
    Last edited by J-hop; 06-07-2017 at 06:02 PM.

At the very least we need a true separation of church and state. Maybe a little extreme but practicing a religion should ultimately bar you from entering or at the very least leading a political party. If we quit beating around the bush religion is one of the primary sources of poor and discriminatory social policies. Any person that thinks they can leave their religion at the door is deluded.
    If I had my way, belief in an invisible man would be classified as a mental disorder and treated as such.

It's one thing to consider that consciousness is eternal and an afterlife is possible, (and possibly a necessity), but quite another to impose abstract thought on another (religion).

In my world, the education system would fundamentally teach empirical evidence, skepticism, critical thought, etc. Well, science in general.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4