Quantcast
Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

Default Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

I honestly think we needed a Quebecer to beat Trudope, so I'm disappointed in the result. Not knowing anything about Scheer other than he's from Saskatchewan and a social conservative, I don't like our chances of getting rid of Trudope.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:57 PM.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Default Re: Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

Originally posted by phreezee
    I honestly think we needed a Quebecer to beat Trudope, so I'm disappointed in the result. Not knowing anything about Scheer other than he's from Saskatchewan and a social conservative, I don't like our chances of getting rid of Trudope.
    Bernier was far from a lock in Quebec, especially considering his position on supply management.

Scheer's social conservatism is going to screw us. It's a double hit of driving away more centrist conservatives and giving the Liberals plenty of fodder to hammer him on in the media.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Z

Just bad choices all around for the next election. What was wrong with Harper again?
    Z32 TT
    1996 Integra - winter beater with studs - RIP (deer)
    2002 WRX - to be sold
    2010 sti - winter

My Ride
    Bicycle

Default Re: Re: Andrew Scheer for Prime Minister?

Originally posted by FraserB

Bernier was far from a lock in Quebec, especially considering his position on supply management.

Scheer's social conservatism is going to screw us. It's a double hit of driving away more centrist conservatives and giving the Liberals plenty of fodder to hammer him on in the media.
    He got 24 months to dial that back. But with 51%, that's hardly everyone onboard.

Somehow this may foreshadow our UCP as well.

Is this where we wake up tomorrow and the Conservatives are like "JUST KIDDING, we're keeping Ambrose on board" ?

...please?
    Originally posted by Mibz
    She's already exhibiting signs of turning into my Mom, I need some sort of legal recourse if a full-blown transformation occurs.

Josh Duggar?

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Originally posted by g-m
    Just bad choices all around for the next election. What was wrong with Harper again?
    Grass is greener syndrome. Unfortunately for Canadians, Trudeau has been a major bust and if he gets another term it's going to be dark times as the country can't sustain the rate of government spending.

My Ride
    X5

Brutal. Bernier was the guy to lead the party forward, bridging the fiscal and economic conservative aspect with a more liberal social leaning. Scheer is just more of the same old, same old. Not really the guy to move things forward...

My Ride
    944 535xi F250

first time I wanted a Frenchie to lead us.
    ninja trainers motto

always be able to kill your students

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Scheer is a man with no agenda, which sounds good, until you realize he`s a man with no plan and no principles, which doesn`t seem like a winning formula.

Basically he`s a federal version of Ed Stelmach. Ranked ballot voting and a massive field of contenders has fucked us over once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

So Liberals for federal for at least 2 more terms now?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Can I ask for a refund on the next 2 years of my party membership?

I am just surprised people actually wanted that guy, completely out of left field for me...

SoCon's

I am so glad I didn't actually attend the leadership convention party at the Manning center this weekend, would have been depressing.
    Last edited by killramos; 05-29-2017 at 10:08 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

One characteristic of a progressively rational society can be found in its position on assisted suicide. To their credit, the Liberals changed the law to allow some forms of assisted suicide, as the previous law on assisted suicide is morally backwards, and against human rights. Scheer claims he won't repeal the law (he can't anyway), but wants to tighten it up. Kudos for not trying to appeal the law, but the new law is already too tight.

As far as pot goes, he's not happy with decriminalization of pot, but say's, "I am very realistic, and once it’s legal in a short period of time there’s going to be a lot of people that work for companies that distribute it …. so we have to be very realistic as a party.” In other words, he's not going to try and change anything about it.

With that said, no one is going to be able to move us backwards in social policies, as our Supreme Court doesn't side with dogma and idealism.

So what exactly are your problems with Scheer?

My Ride
    2010 frontier pro-4x

I would be curious as to the negative reaction he faces. If its what he does/doesn't stand for, or if its just because people preferred Bernier. As for what he stands for his policy issues are, prioritizing real refugees, tax savings on home energy, rid Canada of foreign oil, allowing MP's to vote and speak as to their conscience (instead of him dictating everything), protecting and developing the forest industry, taking the fight to ISIS, against M-103, common sense on firearms, support for parents of the independent system, standing with Ukraine and other eastern European allies, enhancing relationship with India and the rest of Asia, supporting Israel, allowing free speech on campus, accountability for first nations, supply management, ending corporate welfare, parental choice, scrap the carbon tax, balance the budget in 2 years, applying property rights to the charter, free trade, cheaper flights through allowing competition, religious freedom, improved health care, protecting the environment, keeping weed legal.

^ Exactly.

Looks decent enough to me.

At least he has a sense of humour.

Originally posted by phreezee
    At least he has a sense of humour.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by HuMz
    I would be curious as to the negative reaction he faces. If its what he does/doesn't stand for, or if its just because people preferred Bernier. As for what he stands for his policy issues are, prioritizing real refugees, tax savings on home energy, rid Canada of foreign oil, allowing MP's to vote and speak as to their conscience (instead of him dictating everything), protecting and developing the forest industry, taking the fight to ISIS, against M-103, common sense on firearms, support for parents of the independent system, standing with Ukraine and other eastern European allies, enhancing relationship with India and the rest of Asia, supporting Israel, allowing free speech on campus, accountability for first nations, supply management, ending corporate welfare, parental choice, scrap the carbon tax, balance the budget in 2 years, applying property rights to the charter, free trade, cheaper flights through allowing competition, religious freedom, improved health care, protecting the environment, keeping weed legal.
    Can you point to this doc somewhere? His site is wiped since he won.

first time I wanted a Frenchie to lead us.
    Heh, same, big time. There were few - if any - statements of future policy Max made that I didn't agree with. Could have been the first, at least semi-libertarian candidate to have a true shot at winning office in the West. Sad.

Still, Seth isn't wrong either, I don't think it's all doom and gloom time yet. I hope what Humz posted is accurate.
    Last edited by Gman.45; 05-29-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast