Quantcast
Macan GTS - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Macan GTS

My Ride
    95B

Default Macan GTS

Hi
    Looking to change my car and one of the vehicles I am looking at is Macan GTS.
    The question I have is ,
    1) Does anyone knows the specs/options and the starting price for the MY2018 GTS?
    2) Are you able to negotiate on the price of a GTS in Calgary ?

TIA

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

1. Ask the dealership or assume within 2% of MY2017 prices
    2. My buddy recently purchased a 2017 Cayenne GTS and only got $5K off a price of almost $150K. Not sure if that is normal, but he said they didn't want to move much. And he spent several months kicking tires and they never seemed to push him to buy. His was a custom order so they likely move more on something sitting on the lot.

Good luck.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

I can't comment on your first question, but in regards to your second; if you manage to get 1% off you are doing very well.

My Ride
    95B

I tried to get the MY2018 Specs from the dealership and I was told that there are no difference. However as per the macan forum 2018 model includes navi in the base equipment.

My Ride
    95B

Also what you guys think is a fair value for 2014-335GT with 67K ?

It is fully loaded with all the options. Local car with no accidents.

My Ride
    Freightliners, Van Diemen, Porsches, URAL!

The only difference between the model years is the nav - it has now been made 'standard' instead of optional, and the base price has gone up to reflect that. I guess the definition of difference depends on your point of view!

Buy the GTS if you like the bodykit and GTS bits - otherwise the 'S' is better value.

Regarding discounting- we historically hold the pricing, that protects your resale value. If everyone got ten grand off, then resale values would reflect that as well. I had a client last week come in to trade another make - the manufacturer has twelve grand in rebates right now, guess what? Now the trade-in value is 12K less. Makes me look like the jerk but whos going to pay me over retail for an 8 month old car when they can get what they want new for less.

Had another client who put down 20K on his lease on another brand, wanted out 9 months later and the buyout was 8K over retail on the car because of a shady lease and a new rebate. I can't bail people out of those mistakes. I got a copy of the lease contract and it was quite imaginative the way they 'absorbed' most of his down payment and hid extra interest in the residual value. He was buying a payment - it would have probably worked out at the end, but certainly not any earlier.

My two cents....

Both are hard to get right now - we just got allocation for a couple of GTS's and only have one 's' variant left right now.

Cheers!

I was going to come in here and tell you to message Miles. Partly because he's good looking. Partly because he is funny af but mostly because he sold me my latest two and will never screw you over.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Originally posted by dannie
    I was going to come in here and tell you to message Miles. Partly because he's good looking. Partly because he is funny af but mostly because he sold me my latest two and will never screw you over.
    I could get back into another Pana Turbo.... actually, a 991 would be even better.

Originally posted by TYMSMNY

I could get back into another Pana Turbo.... actually, a 991 would be even better.
    Do it! Let's cruise together again