Quantcast
Any point going under warranty for my phone? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Any point going under warranty for my phone?

My Ride
    Eclipse

Default Any point going under warranty for my phone?

I feel like i'm the unluckiest person ever with phones, even made a post about it before.

I went out and purchased protective Glass for the front and a case for the back of my phone..

While in the bathroom my phone dropped from around 1 foot and the screen works but it does nothing when I touch the phone now..

There is no scratches/cracks on the screen..

The good news is I have two weeks of warranty left on it.

It's free to send the phone back and should take about a week to get it back, if they do see that it was dropped I have to cover shipping + repairs which will be around $200-$300 (Prob the value of the phone now)

If I go fix the digitizer myself it will cost around $60 for parts or $120 in store. (I'm assuming this is the issue)

Question is could the digitizer break/crack inside from such a small drop and a case on it? could the cord just have come lose?

I'd take apart the phone right now to check but I'm sure it will void the remaining warranty on it so I'm hoping for some insight first..

The phone is a 0N3PLus 2 (Incase they search and find this thread)

Thoughts? I've had so many problems with it and has already been sent into warranty once that I really don't want to pay another $300 to have it fixed I'd rather buy another phone or use my older one..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Cut your losses, find a cheap phone for now until 0N3PLus 5 announcement in 2 weeks.

Or skip them all together because of this BS.
    https://www.slashgear.com/oneplus-2-...ates-04487336/
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2017 at 04:02 PM.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i cant imagine they would just charge you for it without asking for you to approve the charges (kind of against the TOS for creditcards), any time i have gone through this they will tell you its not covered and its your choice to proceed, sometimes they'll charge you back for the shipping they covered, but sometimes not.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    Eclipse

Originally posted by Xtrema
    Cut your losses, find a cheap phone for now until 0N3PLus 5 announcement in 2 weeks.

I've got two other phones (Using a Nexus 4 now) So i'm in no rush to buy another phone..

Wow that's bullshit too, now I know 100% I won't be paying them to fix the phone if it's under my belt

Originally posted by Thaco
    i cant imagine they would just charge you for it without asking for you to approve the charges (kind of against the TOS for creditcards), any time i have gone through this they will tell you its not covered and its your choice to proceed, sometimes they'll charge you back for the shipping they covered, but sometimes not.
    They will give me the option of fixing it at the shop or to have it sent back, if I have it sent back I have to pay Fedex Express charges for sending it and receiving the phone back, (They won't send it back till I pay the fee) that will prob be around $70-80 I'm assuming which is already the price of purchasing the part online..
    Last edited by Kobe; 06-06-2017 at 04:12 PM.
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Originally posted by Kobe

I've got two other phones (Using a Nexus 4 now) So i'm in no rush to buy another phone..

Wow that's bullshit too, now I know 100% I won't be paying them to fix the phone if it's under my belt

They will give me the option of fixing it at the shop or to have it sent back, if I have it sent back I have to pay Fedex Express charges for sending it and receiving the phone back, (They won't send it back till I pay the fee) that will prob be around $70-80 I'm assuming which is already the price of purchasing the part online..
    if they tell you need to pay tell em to keep it
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Damn!!! That sucks! I was really set on getting one to replace my HTC One M8 since the internal mic crapped out.

Guess I'll do either HTC One 10 or S8+ hmmmmmm
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Originally posted by dj_rice
    Guess I'll do either HTC One 10 or S8+ hmmmmmm
    You mean HTC U11?

It's just too bad, nobody in the industry is doing monthly update except Blackberry and Nexus/Pixel devices. (Typing this as my Priv is receiving June updates and most Samsung S8/+ owners did not even get their May updates yet).

Unfortunately none of the BlackBerrys are supporting Band 66 (Freedom's LTE) so I'll probably have to hold out until Pixel 2 is released (another HTC device).

Originally posted by Kobe
    I can understand they are not updating the One because Cyanogen is now gone and the 801 chipset is not compatible with 7.0. But not updating 2 after not quite 2 years doesn't sit well with me with their Oxygen OS.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 06-06-2017 at 08:51 PM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

You mean HTC U11?

It's just too bad, nobody in the industry is doing monthly update except Blackberry and Nexus/Pixel devices. (Typing this as my Priv is receiving June updates and most Samsung S8/+ owners did not even get their May updates yet).

Unfortunately none of the BlackBerrys are supporting Band 66 (Freedom's LTE) so I'll probably have to hold out until Pixel 2 is released (another HTC device).

I can understand they are not updating the One because Cyanogen is now gone and the 801 chipset is not compatible with 7.0. But not updating 2 after not quite 2 years doesn't sit well with me with their Oxygen OS.

Sorry I meant HTC 10, don't like the design of the U11 and the squeeze thing.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.