Quantcast
Tree removal - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tree removal

My Ride
    Blue boy

Default Tree removal

Can anyone recommend a tree removal company or individual? Rough cost? I have 4 coniferous trees on my property that need to go

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If there is ample space to drop them without hitting power lines, buildings or vehicles, any joe can do it (including me). If they are close to the aforementioned items, pay a real arborist and ask about insurance.

Two totally different ballparks. Could be many thousands if it needs ot be taken down in pieces due to being close to building or power lines.

My neighbor has five 60+ foot spruce trees that are 10' from power lines on one side, 5' from his garage, 30' from his house on the other, and have a power line running right through them. If he wants those gone it'll be insane.

How tall we talking? I own a chainsaw . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

I just had about 5 trees removed from my property (along with all the stump grinding associated with that). 3 of those trees were those columner aspens that were in between the service lines of my property (previous owners clearly forgot that trees GROW )

Anyways, if you live in the south end of the city, I would GLADLY pass along his info - just shoot me a PM. Certified arborist, brought all his own equipment (chipper, man-lift thingy, etc), and was very reasonable price-wise. All done and dusted in about 4 hours.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'll throw this here, if anyone wants a SMALL tree removed, I can do it as long as there is lots of room for it to fall without hitting things.

Plus if anyone is taking down trees or bushes and has leftover wood, I can take some for firewood, or would be available to haul smaller branches to dump for a small fee.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue boy

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    If there is ample space to drop them without hitting power lines, buildings or vehicles, any joe can do it (including me). If they are close to the aforementioned items, pay a real arborist and ask about insurance.

Two totally different ballparks. Could be many thousands if it needs ot be taken down in pieces due to being close to building or power lines.

My neighbor has five 60+ foot spruce trees that are 10' from power lines on one side, 5' from his garage, 30' from his house on the other, and have a power line running right through them. If he wants those gone it'll be insane.

How tall we talking? I own a chainsaw . . .

They are probably 30-40ft tall or so. 2 are in the front (can probably be dropped and cut) and 2 are in the back

Quote Originally Posted by klumsy_tumbler View Post
    I just had about 5 trees removed from my property (along with all the stump grinding associated with that). 3 of those trees were those columner aspens that were in between the service lines of my property (previous owners clearly forgot that trees GROW )

Anyways, if you live in the south end of the city, I would GLADLY pass along his info - just shoot me a PM. Certified arborist, brought all his own equipment (chipper, man-lift thingy, etc), and was very reasonable price-wise. All done and dusted in about 4 hours.
    I am in the Northeast unfortunately, does he only service the South?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    I am in the Northeast unfortunately, does he only service the South?
    I believe so, unfortunately.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I used Turning Leaf Tree Service last year for a couple of 40' spruces. I don't have a lot of tree felling hiring experience, but he was quick, efficient and friendly. He also recommended hiring tree fellers in the late late fall, or winter because rates are significantly less than the spring/summer time.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Thought I would do a bump here, need a fairly substantial tree removed (~40ft coniferous) including full stump grinding.

Any recommendations for someone who will work in central NE?

Tree is sick and barely handing in there, don’t feel like continuing to play Russian roulette with windstorms.

Plan would be to essentially replace the tree next spring with something that isn’t ugly.
    Last edited by killramos; 07-29-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Subscribed, one day I need to force my neighbor to cut down the 55+ foot spruce that's dying and shedding needles into my yard. Being stuck in a 4' triangle between overhead power and two houses makes it very dicey. Need someone with great insurance for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Subscribed, one day I need to force my neighbor to cut down the 55+ foot spruce that's dying and shedding needles into my yard. Being stuck in a 4' triangle between overhead power and two houses makes it very dicey. Need someone with great insurance for sure.
    To my knowledge, if their tree is over your property line you can make them trim it so that nothing gets dumped in your yard.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    To my knowledge, if their tree is over your property line you can make them trim it so that nothing gets dumped in your yard.
    You can trim everything over your property line, so long as it doesn't damage the tree itself. However the wind is going to blow needles over to his yard until it comes down.

The only way to force it, is if it's actually dead or decaying to the point of being a safety hazard.

My Ride
    06 S2000

In. I have several trees that need trimming, and another tree or two I'd love to have removed.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Blue boy

I used six tree removal for 3 trees, Tony(?) was professional and efficient, took them down in 5-6 hours ish, cleaned up after himself.

Had a huge one in the back, had "the real tree whackers" for it

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    You can trim everything over your property line, so long as it doesn't damage the tree itself. However the wind is going to blow needles over to his yard until it comes down.

The only way to force it, is if it's actually dead or decaying to the point of being a safety hazard.
    Oh OK thanks - I thought they had to trim it, but it sounds like you can do it yourself.

What if trimming it would damage the tree, but it hangs over the property line?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

If anyone needs removal, I'll take any rounds left over for firewood!

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Oh OK thanks - I thought they had to trim it, but it sounds like you can do it yourself.

What if trimming it would damage the tree, but it hangs over the property line?
    You would need to do a substantial amount of damage to a tree to hurt it. Cutting back branches or leaves is no big deal. I've cut back many trees and they recover perfectly fine.

My Ride
    dad van

I had a big evergreen removed from the front of my place by Rob's Tree removal. He was quick and left everything tidy. Plus he this was the only company I could find with an online rough quoting tool.

My Ride
    Nothing worth mentioning.

nevermind

Quote Originally Posted by G-ZUS View Post
    I used six tree removal for 3 trees, Tony(?) was professional and efficient, took them down in 5-6 hours ish, cleaned up after himself.

Had a huge one in the back, had "the real tree whackers" for it
    Tony at Six Tree is awesome! He is a client of mine and I started using him to trim and maintain all of my trees when I lived in Airdire. He was way better than the previous company. Super professional guy and very conscientious. I would high recommend you give him a call for sure!

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Good enough for me. Requested a quote from six tree.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast