Quantcast
Official New Forum Software Bug and Suggestions Tracker - legendboy is wrong - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Official New Forum Software Bug and Suggestions Tracker - legendboy is wrong

My Ride
    RSTi

I just received the notification and PM's today from another member that were sent on the 24th. They definitely weren't there through the weekend as I checked a few times because I was expecting them.

Anyone else had the same issue?

My Ride
    Grimace

Clicking on the last post button a multi-page thread typically (Not all the time) takes me to the second to last page?

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by Perfect Dark View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I just received the notification and PM's today from another member that were sent on the 24th. They definitely weren't there through the weekend as I checked a few times because I was expecting them.

Anyone else had the same issue?
    Yes, you are not alone haha.

Mine has been working so far this week but was not at all working last week.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Clicking on the last post button a multi-page thread typically (Not all the time) takes me to the second to last page?
    I think that's a go to new posts button, will take you to the first post you haven't seen?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    I think that's a go to new posts button, will take you to the first post you haven't seen?
    That would make the most sense.

My Ride
    Blue boy

Attached pics not showing up on Iexplorer 11.0.9600

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Unless I am a complete boob, I didnt see a post delete option. Is this even possible with VB 4.2.4? It was there with the previous version but the admins had it disabled.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I have a question about images. Previously. I needed to host my images somewhere like flikr and use the IMG or BIMG tags with the web address of that image. Now with the new system, I can upload images directly to the forum from my computer, which I really like. However, now I don't have options for different image sizes. I've already gotten chirped a couple of times for posting pictures that were too large. I am able to resize images on my computer, but it would be amazing if the forum software could more reasonable choose a size.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I have a question about images. Previously. I needed to host my images somewhere like flikr and use the IMG or BIMG tags with the web address of that image. Now with the new system, I can upload images directly to the forum from my computer, which I really like. However, now I don't have options for different image sizes. I've already gotten chirped a couple of times for posting pictures that were too large. I am able to resize images on my computer, but it would be amazing if the forum software could more reasonable choose a size.

The problem is that image attachments are set to 100% width on desktop. It's a lower % on mobile so it looks fine but looks horrendous on a desktop especially on a big monitor.

It's a known issue but Kenny's on vacation right now, he'll have it fixed when he's back.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is broken

I'd also like to add to this that there is no image modification tools. I'm not expecting Photoshop level stuff but at least the ability to rotate and crop images would be great.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    I'd also like to add to this that there is no image modification tools. I'm not expecting Photoshop level stuff but at least the ability to rotate and crop images would be great.
    That's not going to happen. It's an attachment system, not a Photobucket replacement.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

But there is some kind of plan for this? That's cool. i found it a real benefit to be able to upload images directly. However, it's the biggest benefit when i can upload pics witut any editing or resizing beforehand.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

But there is some kind of plan for this? That's cool. i found it a real benefit to be able to upload images directly. However, it's the biggest benefit when i can upload pics witut any editing or resizing beforehand.
    Yea, should hopefully be fixed in the next day or 2. Kenny hasn't trained me on modifying the CSS code yet, otherwise I'd do it myself.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Kenny knows how to stay valuable. Never teach the others everything you know. Rule 1

Last edited by know1edge; 05-19-2018 at 12:41 AM.

Max width is set to 80% for all screen resolutions, but it won't solve the issue of large attachments that are in portrait orientation.

A possible solution is to only display thumbnails, and users would have to click to see the full size image.
    ---

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Is there no overriding max total size irrespective of screen resolution? 80 percent on a widescreen desktop monitor looks ridiculous.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Is there no overriding max total size irrespective of screen resolution? 80 percent on a widescreen desktop monitor looks ridiculous.
    You're still uploading and people are still downloading a full/high resolution image, regardless of how it's displayed.

Kenny, is there a file size limit for attachments? I think there should be one like we used to have, though not as low as before. I'd hate to click on a thread where someone attached multiple full resolution images like in a FS ad, especially if I'm browsing on a mobile device.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    Max width is set to 80% for all screen resolutions, but it won't solve the issue of large attachments that are in portrait orientation.
    Hrm, on desktop it seems much wider. Or did you just set it to 80%? It feels like on desktop we can get away with 50% ish and still look good. Mobile/iPad is (and has been) fine at 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    You're still uploading and people are still downloading a full/high resolution image, regardless of how it's displayed.

Kenny, is there a file size limit for attachments? I think there should be one like we used to have, though not as low as before. I'd hate to click on a thread where someone attached multiple full resolution images like in a FS ad, especially if I'm browsing on a mobile device.
    The limits has been upped to allow uploads from mobile devices.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Hrm, on desktop it seems much wider. Or did you just set it to 80%? It feels like on desktop we can get away with 50% ish and still look good. Mobile/iPad is (and has been) fine at 80%.

The limits has been upped to allow uploads from mobile devices.
    I changed it from 100% to 80% when I posted it. A % max width is not a good solution.

We could look into creating a larger thumbnail and display those instead. Anyone that wants to see a full size attachment can click on it. This would also address D'z point about users downloading high res images since they would only be downloading a scaled down version of the image.
    ---

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast