Quantcast
Official New Forum Software Bug and Suggestions Tracker - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 200

Thread: Official New Forum Software Bug and Suggestions Tracker

  1. #141
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post


    Below each thread there was a section that had 1 2 3 4 5.... 64 for the page. Its gone.
    Ahh yes. Lots of complaints on that one. We're revisiting that one, noted in the tracker on the first post. @kenny is looking into seeing how/if it can fit nicely on mobile devices.

    In the meantime:

    beyond02.JPG

    Red goes to latest post.
    Blue goes to first post.
    Black goes to Last post.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  2. #142
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    calgary.ab.ca
    My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon
    Posts
    6,870
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Try again. Enabled both group icon and animated icons haha.


    edit - it's there, for desktop and tablets. On a smartphone, it shrinks those columns for legibility.
    Icons now work! Either total posts or the page count or something to show how large a thread is would be handy on mobile

  3. #143
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    My Ride
    1995 WRX STi
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    [*]page numbers in search results/forum view[/list]
    I now see, when I first read through the list I just saw "search results" which I thought was funny as I figured the forum view was way more important. Derp.

    The current setup seems sufficient, I simply didn't realize clicking on those resulted in basically what I wanted. Appreciated!
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

  4. #144
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Icons now work! Either total posts or the page count or something to show how large a thread is would be handy on mobile
    It's actually there, but hidden due to screen size constraints. One of those things we had to balance between legibility and usability.

    edit - enabled hot threads. That should help.

    Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I now see, when I first read through the list I just saw "search results" which I thought was funny as I figured the forum view was way more important. Derp.

    The current setup seems sufficient, I simply didn't realize clicking on those resulted in basically what I wanted. Appreciated!
    So I'm not 100% correct in what I posted for the green arrow circled in black.

    For search results (new posts, today's posts) it goes to the latest post. For thread listings when you click on a forum, it goes to the last post. This mimics the old forum behavior.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  5. #145
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    '86 AE86, '11 GSE20 6MT
    Posts
    132
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I like the newer version of vBulletin, so that's cool, but Beyond was just like this time vortex back to a simpler time on the internet. Now it's ruined.

    Thanks a lot!

    EDIT: I thought I joined earlier than that, oh well.

    Jeff

    2011 Lexus IS350 6MT F-Sport with LSD
    1986 Toyota Corolla GT-S Supercharged with TRD Stuff
    1993 Toyota Previa 5MT Studded Ice Race Van

  6. #146
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    808
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    just posting to see what my rep power is...
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

  7. #147
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Australia
    My Ride
    R32
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Damn nice job done on the conversion @rage2

  8. #148
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Far from the NE
    My Ride
    Horse
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Question, can you change to a custom avatar still?

    I was going to change my avatar but on the page I only see the option for default avatars or no avatar, I can't see where to upload one.

  9. #149
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xnvy View Post
    Question, can you change to a custom avatar still?

    I was going to change my avatar but on the page I only see the option for default avatars or no avatar, I can't see where to upload one.
    Fixed the permission for this. Give it a try again. I also enabled animated avatars for shits and giggles.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  10. #150
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Far from the NE
    My Ride
    Horse
    Posts
    1,497
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I believe it worked.

  11. #151
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Cowtown
    My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5
    Posts
    5,683
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    What happened to the Buy/Sell User Rating?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomcoPDR View Post
    Worked so hard building that user rating too.
    Also curious about the Trader Rating. Is there any way to see it at the moment?
    Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

  12. #152
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    not calgary
    My Ride
    changes every year
    Posts
    4,171
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    it seems like the posted times are wrong for me. i just posted a bit ago but it says it was at 3:37pm...it is now 5:47pm.
    edit: it's actually an hour difference.

  13. #153
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03ozwhip View Post
    it seems like the posted times are wrong for me. i just posted a bit ago but it says it was at 3:37pm...it is now 5:47pm.
    edit: it's actually an hour difference.
    Check your settings, timezone as well as DST set to automatic detection. Settings are here: https://forums.beyond.ca/profile.php?do=editoptions

    Check at the bottom of the page to see if your time is right. Proper MDT setting should show this at the bottom of the page:

    All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:23 PM.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  14. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,054
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    For some reason, not receiving PMs. I tried sending one out and not sure if they see it either. Chantastic PM'd me twice but I didn't receive it and I allow PMs to be sent to me.

    Reference:
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/404...98#post4666698
    Last edited by Disoblige; 06-24-2017 at 08:12 PM.

  15. #155
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    My Ride
    2013 Toyota Highlander Sport
    Posts
    496
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    When I reply or submit a post and then click on whats new afterwards it doesnt show up with those two updated posts? even I replied to one at 10pm last night and it still is not in the list of whats new for the same time period.

  16. #156
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Cougar Town!
    Posts
    3,775
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    When I reply or submit a post and then click on whats new afterwards it doesnt show up with those two updated posts? even I replied to one at 10pm last night and it still is not in the list of whats new for the same time period.
    Because you posted a reply in the thread, it assumes you've read all the previous posts and there is nothing new in that thread so it won't show up in the What's New section. Once somebody replies after your post it will show up.
    ---

  17. #157
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,054
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    For some reason, not receiving PMs. I tried sending one out and not sure if they see it either. Chantastic PM'd me twice but I didn't receive it and I allow PMs to be sent to me.

    Reference:
    https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/404...98#post4666698
    Just to follow up, I tried sending a PM to myself and it didn't work either.

    Not sure what might be going on?

  18. #158
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Try again.

    Somehow, you have a duplicate account? I have no idea how the fuck that happened. Same name, same email.

    edit - looking at the old data, during your account creation process in 2006, somehow vB fucked up and made 2 of your accounts. So there's a 2nd account with I'm guessing all your PM's since the first day you've registered sitting there while everything was associated with this account. So has PM never worked for you ever?

    Talk about fucked up.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

  19. #159
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Victoria Park
    My Ride
    '90 Z32, '03 TJ, '15 Grom
    Posts
    3,054
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Try again.

    Somehow, you have a duplicate account? I have no idea how the fuck that happened. Same name, same email.
    Sweet, just tried sending a PM to myself again and it works! Thank you. I should be receiving PM's now.

    Haha, I was wondering who the hell is "DisobligeDupe" but now it makes sense you changed it.

  20. #160
    Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Location
    YYC
    My Ride
    Ricer SUV, Lexus Coupe in Mid Life Crisis Orange
    Posts
    19,457
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Sweet, just tried sending a PM to myself again and it works! Thank you. I should be receiving PM's now.

    Haha, I was wondering who the hell is "DisobligeDupe" but now it makes sense you changed it.
    Try logging into that account, should be same password. If not, PM me a separate email for it and you can reset it. I'm curious if you have 11 years of PMs in there. The admin interface has 0 stats on PMs so I can't tell.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bug Reports v2.1 - Email bug reports please!

    By rage2 in forum Suggestion/Comment Box/Forum Related Stuff
    Replies: 7
    Latest Threads: 03-15-2005, 07:00 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 05-01-2004, 01:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •