I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks for the Info.
    I dropped my first bike off .
    How did everything go using this guy?

We dropped ours off at Pedalhead down south and the guy was willing to accept it but was upfront that because it wasn't by appointment they'd get to it as they could. It's been about 3 weeks and I called, it sounds like they've done this a bunch and likely not touched any of them yet.

Needs derailler adjustments, maybe new cable and new front/rear brake pads. Eventually I'd like to learn how to do this but we'd like to get this done sooner than later...
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by msommers View Post

We dropped ours off at Pedalhead down south and the guy was willing to accept it but was upfront that because it wasn't by appointment they'd get to it as they could. It's been about 3 weeks and I called, it sounds like they've done this a bunch and likely not touched any of them yet.

Needs derailler adjustments, maybe new cable and new front/rear brake pads. Eventually I'd like to learn how to do this but we'd like to get this done sooner than later...
    Why dont you just spend some time on forums and youtube? Bikes are pretty simple machines.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Yeah... that’s not complex stuff... if you can build anything from ikea, you could figure it out

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Matt, just go get the cable and pads and bring it over. We'll have it done in like less than an hour.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

I've found the Park Tools videos on youtube are really well done for any type of maintenance. I used them to adjust the rear gears on my daughters bike last night and have it working quite well now.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

That's encouraging, thanks guys. @D'z Nutz I'll talk to the shop tomorrow to make sure they aren't working on it and then order some stuff up. Thanks man!

Also looking at how to store two bikes in our condo in the storage room. One bike has a spot already hanging on the wall and the other will need to do the lay-flat ceiling mount pulling system. Has anyone used these? Toying between option 2 & 5 here https://homeexplained.com/how-to-sto...iple-bicycles/
    Last edited by msommers; 06-14-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

That's encouraging, thanks guys. @D'z Nutz I'll talk to the shop tomorrow to make sure they aren't working on it and then order some stuff up. Thanks man!

Also looking at how to store two bikes in our condo in the storage room. One bike has a spot already hanging on the wall and the other will need to do the lay-flat ceiling mount pulling system. Has anyone used these? Toying between option 2 & 5 here https://homeexplained.com/how-to-sto...iple-bicycles/
    Have this setup in the basement while they are building the garage, didn't even have to screw the rack to the wall but you can if you want.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000ACAM38

My Ride
    95B

It was so so .
    I asked him to wrap the handle bar and when I picked it up it was pouring so I didn't check and once I am home I noticed that it wasn't taped properly. - Not a big deal but still
    Then when I went to change the tires on the wheels I noticed the crack on the wheels. It was suppose to be a full bike service. I am surprised that he didn't even notice the crack.

MEC is now taking bikes for service. Why don't you give them a try ?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thanks for the udpate, these are good data points to have!

I did call MEC out of curiousity and they said they are not taking appointments but to bring the bike down knowing the turn-around time ~2 weeks.

Need to get myself a bike stand to work on and order up some parts. Sounds disgusting but I'll be @D'z Nutz 's young grasshopper.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

I found the best repair stand to be my trailer hitch carrier cause then i can toss all my tools in the trunk and back seat and work out of there haha

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    I found the best repair stand to be my trailer hitch carrier cause then i can toss all my tools in the trunk and back seat and work out of there haha

yup, I've used my trunk rack numerous times when too lazy to setup my stand. NE represent haha.

Matt, if you want to borrow my Park Tool stand let me know, it is sitting at my sisters garage right now.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Thanks guys! I ordered up parts from MEC along with a bike stand since I'll have to do this twice, once for hers and mine. Looking forward to learning this stuff
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    rally pig

Wife just bought a new bike that came with a 40t single chainring (cheap steel crankset), looking to swap it with the 39t single chainring (tiagra crankset) from her old bike before selling it.
    Will I need to resize the chain by going 39t to 40t on the old bike or the difference is negligible?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Negligible

My Ride
    Wankels!

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    Have this setup in the basement while they are building the garage, didn't even have to screw the rack to the wall but you can if you want.
    https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B000ACAM38

Is there still enough seat post sticking into the frame on the top bike? I get nervous when I see that much post out of the frame.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin_Racecar View Post
    Is there still enough seat post sticking into the frame on the top bike? I get nervous when I see that much post out of the frame.
    I think it's the angle that I took the picture from that makes it look like quite a bit is sticking out.
    there's still atleast a good 15cm inside the frame.

modernizing a 2015 Stumpy?

I have a Stumpy Elite and compared to my Divinci Troy, it feels like a long travel XC bike. Being a large it supposedly has less reach, but its stack height is far higher and still feels like a bigger bike than the Troy.

I've done a simple 1x10 upgrade on the old 2x XTR with a older oneup 42 plate, new narrow wide 30 tooth CR and new chain.

I want to see if I can update the Geo just a little bit...

Bars were a 720 - I am going up to a 780, but by going up so much, how short should I go on the stem? Its a 70, and I'm thinking a 60 or 50? thoughts?

The STA is modern at 74.5, but the HTA is 69... being a 29er, I've yet to find it too steep for what trails I ride, but the Troy is definitely nicer having the front end just that little bit more out and longer.

I was thinking I'd upgrade its Fox 34 CTD fork from 130-140 and maybe an angle headset... or just get a new Fox float 36 @ 150... but I don't want to skill the STA

My Ride
    '21 Taco

So after months of selling stuff and saving.. I finally am able to order the dream frame I always wanted from OPEN Cycle.

With gravel being the new thing right now and the bike can be all around, can't wait when it arrives and be built. Doing a mullet set up for this bike!

I'm just happy the wife approved of it haha.
    Last edited by jampack; 06-17-2020 at 01:05 PM.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 ... LastLast