Quantcast
Progressive/bi-focal lens - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Progressive/bi-focal lens

Default Progressive/bi-focal lens

Was amused by comments being made in another thread with respect to font size on the new forum layout and that got me a wondering as to how many beyond members are pondering or actually have glasses with progressive and/or bi-focal options added in.

Personally, I got my first set of progressives at the young age of 40 and I honestly thought that was way too young to have such on option on my glasses but in short order (one day) I had decided that they were here to stay because they made my life so much better. Quite a few years later now and I'm probably due for a stronger progressive option because I now find it frustrating that I can't read small print at the grocery store and such, even threading a needle is just a hit or miss thing - there is no such thing as actually clearly seeing the thread g into the needle's hole.

So considering beyond's aging demographics, are there any beyond members ready to admit they have progressives/bi-focals or probably should have them? Or are you like my one brother who still insists he can see perfectly fine but is unable to focus on anything on his vehicle's dash and he's been in this denial stage for over 10 years. Progressives are not an evil thing IMO and certainly made my life easier - wish I could convince my wife of the same thing but I guess her almost always at ready 4 inch magnifying glass does the trick for her.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

I started working with a bunch of optometrists, doing SEO and content.

I take great care of my eyes (now). Don't need progressives yet, but that day is coming...

30, btw.

My Ride
    '18 Murano

I had perfect vision right through my late 40's then my near vision went to shit. I was actually afraid I had some other health issue, I was so used to having good vision.
    Doctor said "I have bad news... You're getting old." Noo not THAT!!

Mid 50s now and near vision seems to be going downhill fast. Was using 1.5x readers for close work/books but could still see my monitors at arms length.
    Now I use my 1.5x for computers as well.
    I keep a pair of Thinoptics (these things are friggin awesome!) attached to my cellphone case, really comes in handy at restaurants, or reading packaging in stores. And I keep a pair of readers on my desk at work, end table at home (for laptop) and 3 other places around the house.
    I'm due for an eye exam, I may look at bifocals.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Haha, welcome to presbyopia

My Ride
    Bicycle

Early 40s, it's actually undoing correcting my near vision right now but I'm sure progressive is in my future eventually.