Quantcast
Kim Jong releases "student" prisoner. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Kim Jong releases "student" prisoner.

Default Kim Jong releases "student" prisoner.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-40264468

I mean technically its not wrong to label the guy a studier - I guess. Really, all James Bond did was study his surroundings most of the time (and occasionally got into a fist fight or shot someone)

Is Kim Jong In the most atypical American man ever? Likes nukes and basketball, maybe he should run for president after Trump?
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-pacific-40264468

I mean technically its not wrong to label the guy a studier - I guess. Really, all James Bond did was study his surroundings most of the time (and occasionally got into a fist fight or shot someone)

Is Kim Jong In the most atypical American man ever? Likes nukes and basketball, maybe he should run for president after Trump?
    Atypical means the opposite of what you think it means FYI....

My Ride
    G6

Grammar police, when it shows up, should at least be right...

Check this out: "atypical" ----------------> "a typical"

With that, the statement makes complete sense.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    Grammar police, when it shows up, should at least be right...

Check this out: "atypical" ----------------> "a typical"

With that, the statement makes complete sense.
    Probably should read that in the context of the sentence, it still does not work. You have to remove the 'a' for it to make any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    Probably should read that in the context of the sentence, it still does not work. You have to remove the 'a' for it to make any sense.
    Hahaha yea I guess maybe if you attach the a to the end of most and read in a mario type Italian accent it might make sense.

Wasn't trying to be a grammar nazi, just atypical is not a typical word used and to use it one should probably know what it means!!

I will expand further. Kim Jong should be running the US when he conquers it.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

So NK kept this kid alive for a year in a coma, and he didnt last a week once back in US care?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    So NK kept this kid alive for a year in a coma, and he didnt last a week once back in US care?
    He wasn't in a coma, that's just what NK said. He was in a persistent vegetative state. The family most likely made a decision and pulled life support.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I have had a guilty desire to go check out North Korea all my life, this scares the shit out of me though.
    Can't imagine what this kid went through, if you watched his confession speech, it was clearly written by North Korea for him to say, and all the drugs/experiments/tests they tried on him as a guinea pig..
    Lots of speculation, but this is North Korea we're talking about. Its not far fetched at all.

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by Supa Dexta View Post
    He was tortured in NK, and once he was close to death they sent him back so that he wouldn't die in NK.

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    He was tortured in NK, and once he was close to death they sent him back so that he wouldn't die in NK.
    I recall seeing an article that said there was no signs of torture, but that he likely had a heart attack or something. Until that article, I figured torture too.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    I recall seeing an article that said there was no signs of torture, but that he likely had a heart attack or something. Until that article, I figured torture too.
    There was a doctors examination i saw on the news, and they stated there was brain trauma but couldn't figure out the cause.
    You don't just get brain trauma from being treated humanely.

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by swak View Post
    You don't just get brain trauma from being treated humanely.
    Oh yeah, nobody's suggesting humane treatment.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

CBC Article from last night confirms essentially it wasn't a coma.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/otto-wa...dies-1.4168166

The doctors said his vegetative condition was consistent with oxygen deprivation, perhaps from drowning torture or who knows what else. I'm sure they have all kinds of sick things or experiments they have cooked up to do to people.

I think it's pretty clear that NK sent him home because they knew he was going to die and didn't want him to die on NK soil and cause another international incident.

He didn't deserve to die or even get 15 years hard labor, but seriously WTF is going through your mind when you try to steal something from NK. Anyone going there already knows there is a chance you will be arrested for political reasons even if you do nothing wrong, let alone stealing propaganda sign. The outcome of his actions was extremely severe yet highly predictable. Never in a million years would I go there. There are plenty of documentaries on the country (a good one from VICE too) that shows me all I need to know.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    ... but seriously WTF is going through your mind when you try to steal something from NK. Anyone going there already knows there is a chance you will be arrested for political reasons even if you do nothing wrong, let alone stealing propaganda sign. The outcome of his actions was extremely severe yet highly predictable. Never in a million years would I go there. There are plenty of documentaries on the country (a good one from VICE too) that shows me all I need to know.
    I am leaning to honestly believe that he didn't even steal it or attempt to steal the poster.
    The only proof they have is a blurry video not showing any faces or distinguishing qualities that it is him.

He only confessed because he was coerced to do so, or likely threatened with torture or something.

I think most people have done even some sort of research or know what kind of crazy goes on in North Korea that they wouldn't even attempt to do something as stupid as steal a poster.

I know why people wanted to go to North Korea:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4067341.html

Yes, that's a shopping bag full - for a street price of 80 cents at the time. Since North Korea is pretty much a completely separate economic entity from the rest of the world, plants are grown and sold as plants, and not a part of the US paradigm of selling plants as drugs, or the criminal paradigm of selling drugs for whatever price the buyer is willing to pay.

Stealing propaganda is definitely a no-no everywhere in the world. You would also be thrown in jail if not shot for stealing the US constitution, which arguably is just a piece of parchment where only the words are of value. If a North Korean defector stole the US constitution or the Mona Lisa, it would be a truly worthy feat.

I mean, people in the US will kick their neighbors asses, literally - for defacing a $5 plastic "Vote Trump" or "Vote Hillary" sign.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy did the equivalent of steal a "Vote Trump" sign in front of a group of Trump supporters. He got everything he had coming to him and more.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 06-20-2017 at 09:34 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

This seems a more level headed discussion of bis condition.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...injury/530586/

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I know why people wanted to go to North Korea:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4067341.html

Yes, that's a shopping bag full - for a street price of 80 cents at the time. Since North Korea is pretty much a completely separate economic entity from the rest of the world, plants are grown and sold as plants, and not a part of the US paradigm of selling plants as drugs, or the criminal paradigm of selling drugs for whatever price the buyer is willing to pay.

Stealing propaganda is definitely a no-no everywhere in the world. You would also be thrown in jail if not shot for stealing the US constitution, which arguably is just a piece of parchment where only the words are of value. If a North Korean defector stole the US constitution or the Mona Lisa, it would be a truly worthy feat.

I mean, people in the US will kick their neighbors asses, literally - for defacing a $5 plastic "Vote Trump" or "Vote Hillary" sign.

As far as I'm concerned, this guy did the equivalent of steal a "Vote Trump" sign in front of a group of Trump supporters. He got everything he had coming to him and more.
    That's harsh. No one deserves that.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

The family denied an autopsy, so the chances of knowing what really happened is diminishing.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast