Quantcast
Floyd Mayweather to fight Conor McGregor in boxing match in August - Page 10 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10

Thread: Floyd Mayweather to fight Conor McGregor in boxing match in August

My Ride
    2009 Acura TSX tech

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't think mayweather let mcgregor punch him and not pacquiao, that is pretty silly.

I'm assuming you didn't watch the pacquiao fight and don't know much about the fighters.

Mayweather had a 5 inch reach advantage on pacquiao. Mayweather spent that whole fight using his reach adavantage to keep pacquiao away. Pacquiao had so much trouble as he had to come in so far to get a shot off and each time took a bunch of damage. On the other hand mcgregor had a 2 inch advantage over mayweather so he couldn't do that.

Nothing to do with the power of the punches.... pacquiao was a way easier fight for him. I watched it and literally pacquiao couldn't get a single decent punch landed.
    Sorry, that was exaggerated, he obviously doesn't want to get hit; but rather I felt his plan or purpose was to draw more punches out of McGregor than his fight vs Pacquiao.

I watched the Pacquiao fight, I still feel that fight McGregor fight was still such a breeze for him. You obviously know more about the fights and fighters than I do; I am just going by what my eyes saw.

Quote Originally Posted by Prelude_dude View Post
    Sorry, that was exaggerated, he obviously doesn't want to get hit; but rather I felt his plan or purpose was to draw more punches out of McGregor than his fight vs Pacquiao.

I watched the Pacquiao fight, I still feel that fight McGregor fight was still such a breeze for him. You obviously know more about the fights and fighters than I do; I am just going by what my eyes saw.
    I called exactly the match, though I thought it would have ended in the 8th... so props to McGregor

that said, knowing Floyd, watching him through the years against Cotto, Mosley, De La Hoya, Pac man... I knew that for the first 3 rounds he'd have to feel out his opponent and let him blow his wad early.

From a boxers perspective, omg... the stance, the lack of effenciency, lack of defence and the awkwardness of trying to switch back and forth from southpaw... I thought from the first opening rounds, boy can McGregor keep this up.

So lets say this... everyone is giving props to the fact that he landed 111 or so punches in under 10 rounds... whereas other haven't

well this is why:

1. Reach
    2. Its because he threw 430 punches in under 10 rounds!!!
    3. Reach and Floyd knew that he could only win in stoppage if he moved to the inside, which creates more exposure... and lets be honest, we've RARELY ever seen Flloyd move forward

Why McGregor lost... is because he threw SOOO many punches, landing only 28%...
    Imagine that... basically hitting a heavy bag for 30 minutes, to the point of exhaustion that you can't even "react" to the faster fighter, nor even protect yourself to put your gloves up

Props to McGregor, but lets be honest guys... he lost to "less than prime" (though the GOAT) that does in fact happen to have less reach and likely alot less weight. (gauranteed McGregor cut, and Mayweather didn't)

I'd love to see McGregor acctually slug it out with triple G, and see if McGregor really has the same type of stopping power as someone closer to his real weight category

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    Additionally, did anyone else notice that when the black ref was announcing the rules that he was looking exclusively at McGregor the whole time? It doesn't mean anything in itself, but it was also weird.

This whole fight was weird.
    haha I laughed pretty good at this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYXGzqGArLQ/

So it’s sounding a lot more like mayweather will be meeting Conor again but this time in the octagon??

Will be interesting, I don’t think Mayweather will have a chance. Unless we are talking a couple years from now, he’s too far behind Mcgregor in other aspects he’ll need to bring to the cage.

Some people are saying this will happen before early next year but that’s way too soon IMO.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Gross. They must each just laugh themselves to sleep every night that idiots will pay to watch this crap. Kudos to making money but seriously, get fucked with these 2 idiots.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

They are also saying mayweather vs cm punk is a possibility for the summer as both are inexperienced. Who knows what their game plan. Wme needs to make money and sell ppv to benefit from their purchase of the ufc. I still enjoy a good event for entertainment and having a party. I buy 2-3 ppv a year.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 9 10