Quantcast
Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2017-2018 Edition - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Calgary Flames MEGA THREAD 2017-2018 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is his point/dollar value really that off? I just figure it was at the point where he was going to be the odd man out. I'm not sure what figures Leon/Mcdavid going to command, but I don't see them being cheap unless they decide to go super team friendly.
    When I try to think about who could be added as that top line player. What maybe try to sign sharp for 2 years? Oshie will be super expensive and probably won't leave the caps. Radulov wants a ton and I don't think he'd fit in the locker room. Vanek is also older and far from the guy 5 years ago. I unfortunately don't have a big list in front of me of other candidates, but it has clearly been an issue since hudler left that line of filling a legit 1st line guy.
    After his abysmal playoff performance, Oiler fans wouldn't mind giving him away for free and let someone else worry about his contract. I like seeing Oilers in a cap crunch.
    Vanek is an interesting option. He had a decent season with Detroit and can be had for cheap, but likely looking for term knowing this will probably be his last contract.

Also, the Alberta flag looks way out of place on that already mediocre looking jersey. The flags should've only been there for the first year, don't know why they kept it around for so long.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzes View Post
    I like seeing Oilers in a cap crunch.
    This. Everyone needs to play along, don't make any trades that benefit the Oilers cap, then watch the fireworks next year. So glad that Draisaitl played well this year. Once they get the Drai and McDavid contract filled, and nobody helps them relief cap space, that's going to put quite a bit of strain in terms of cap. Assuming on the low end $10m for McDavid and $5m for Drai, that's $51.5m on 11 contracts.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Hahaha yeah we were talking about that here

https://forums.beyond.ca/threads/392...53#post4562753

They saved a couple bucks by trading away Hall. Time to throw in some offersheets to make up that difference and then some

My Ride
    K20A2

wonder who vegas is taking brower or stajan dont think they would want any one else that we got. really hoping they take fredie but dont think that would happen
    Built with Chopsticks

Quote Originally Posted by 95EG6P View Post
    wonder who vegas is taking brower or stajan dont think they would want any one else that we got. really hoping they take fredie but dont think that would happen
    Lol... Stajan??? c'mon...

All the TSN/SN guys seem to all think Kulak as he's the best blue liner available from Calgary. Brouwer would probably be the 2nd choice.

My Ride
    Bunch of Honda's

Sounds like Kulak or Chaisson gone to Vegas.

My guess is they take Kulak as well. I don't think they are dumb enough to take Stajan or Brower.

Flames did well with their unprotected players.
    Hopefully Vegas is forced to take a forward (ahem... Brouwer) because there are soooo many D out there for McPhee to take.

Dean Molberg @fan960boomer now
    Thinking Derek Engelland is one of the UFA's Vegas has signed, thus fulfilling #Flames commitment. Engelland lives in Vegas & would be a fit
    Wow! Calgary definitely dodged a bullet if true as Engelland is a UFA anyways.
    Guess we're stuck with Brouwer now. LOL

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

You know, we've been able to embed tweets for like a year now.

Also Engelland should always be remembered for this gem (if the speculation is correct).

Quote Originally Posted by Quizzes View Post
    After his abysmal playoff performance, Oiler fans wouldn't mind giving him away for free and let someone else worry about his contract. I like seeing Oilers in a cap crunch.
    Vanek is an interesting option. He had a decent season with Detroit and can be had for cheap, but likely looking for term knowing this will probably be his last contract.

Well, I know this is more NHL thread appropriate but we were already discussing it in here. Eberle just got shipped to Islanders for Strome. Which while I don't want to do EDM any favors I could have been Eberle meshing well with Monahan/JG because of his speed/talent. Did he have a bad playoffs, yup.. but flames have some cap and really need a top line forward.

Strome I know hasn't quite lived up to expectations, curious if EDM will bump his career back up or continue to decline from a guy who was a lotto pick. That just freed up a good chunk of cash and Islanders know they need to make moves to keep Tavares there.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I haven't followed him much. Numbers doesn't look good but others are telling me he's good. Cap hit is nice too under Russell's new contract, so if he's better than Russell I'm happy.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    I haven't followed him much. Numbers doesn't look good but others are telling me he's good. Cap hit is nice too under Russell's new contract, so if he's better than Russell I'm happy.
    His style of play has been described sort of like Regehr's, so it would make sense why his numbers don't really reflect that. If he's staying back and watching the blue line, this gives Brodie the option of jumping in on the rush the way he likes.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

Yeah his advanced stats aren't that great, but they never are for the defensive minded guys. He might only put up 5 goals and maybe 20 assists but he's Regehr esque in his own zone. Definitely a big step above guys like Stone or Russell, and he's on a terrific contract. Ideal second pairing guy and should complement Brodie pretty well.

Big fan of the trade

My Ride
    Axis powers

Seems like an overpay to me but I don't know, I hear the '18 draft is supposed to be much better than the '17 draft

Hamonic is a very good stay at home D-man, who plays the zone hard. Tons of teams have wanted him especially for how much is cap is, but originally islanders demands were insane. His numbers last season look rough cause he was injured and then the lockout. But he should pair well with Brodie

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Ya Brodie needs someone he doesn't have to worry about and use his offensive flair and help score us some goals...our top 4 looks good now..

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I like the deal. Let see what other moves they might make. Get Stone to be #5 for bring in another option? Upgrades in forwards? I would be very happy if Bennett, Bouwer bounce back from last year's performance. Couple guys might be ready to step up and take a role as well.

My Ride
    E92, ZX6R, MK4 GLI

Edmonton born, hobey baker finalist. Would be a nice add to the prospect list.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=107388

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast