Quantcast
OFFICIAL: 2017 - 2018 NHL thread - Page 16 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL: 2017 - 2018 NHL thread

So now they need to win three games in a row against a very tenacious team, the Jets have created themselves a very difficult task.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

KNIGHTS WIN!!!!

Damn, Fleury makes it to the final in 3 consecutive years!

My Ride
    NC1

This is incredible. Props to raj2 for riding the wagon since day one lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Knights in 5

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This is incredible. Props to raj2 for riding the wagon since day one lol
    Haha, I tell ppl that give me shit that I was so early I built the bandwagon.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    NC1

Haha, I tell ppl that give me shit that I was so early I built the bandwagon.
    I probably missed it but did you throw down some money on the 500 to 1 before the season started?

I am glad MAF didn't come here as we would have ruined his legacy/career haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

200:1 ya.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    ute

They might need to reconsider whether or not Vegas is exempt from the Seattle expansion draft still.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    They might need to reconsider whether or not Vegas is exempt from the Seattle expansion draft still.
    Easy fix for that. Seattle takes a relocation from Calgary instead, Houston gets the expansion after the Vegas no expansion pick time lapses.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I just flew back and forth for the Western Conference Final. I'm happy with the Jets' progression and obviously wish they would have advanced to the final, but Vegas just had it together and Winnipeg ran out of gas/couldn't get the job done.

MTS Centre is like home to me, and I've been in a lot of rinks across the league, but the Vegas rink is rockin'. In game production, entertainment value, everything is first class. What else would you expect from Vegas though. Everything they do is on another level and that rink is fantastic.

Here's what I did take away from my Vegas experience. There are a lot of knowledgeable Vegas fans, and a lot that just jumped on the wagon. Happens with any team, it's just magnified because it's Vegas/in the desert. Vegas is going through a case of "beginner's luck" and it's quite ironic. If you've been to a game in that rink, the rink/fan base expect EVERY shot to go in, they react to every shot on net. The fan base thinks they're just that good, that they cannot lose. Like the many gamblers who come to town everyday and get a dose of the same luck, it will be interesting to see what happens to the fan base after they go through several years of shitty on ice product. Even the best teams can make the finals one year and be out of the playoffs the next.

I would think that between the NFL coming to town and the Knights facing the same issues every team faces year after year, things will settle/level off.

What a season they've had. Shocking that they could beat the Jets 4 in a row to make the final, but good for them, it's a hell of a story.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Jlude View Post
    I just flew back and forth for the Western Conference Final. I'm happy with the Jets' progression and obviously wish they would have advanced to the final, but Vegas just had it together and Winnipeg ran out of gas/couldn't get the job done.

MTS Centre is like home to me, and I've been in a lot of rinks across the league, but the Vegas rink is rockin'. In game production, entertainment value, everything is first class. What else would you expect from Vegas though. Everything they do is on another level and that rink is fantastic.

Here's what I did take away from my Vegas experience. There are a lot of knowledgeable Vegas fans, and a lot that just jumped on the wagon. Happens with any team, it's just magnified because it's Vegas/in the desert. Vegas is going through a case of "beginner's luck" and it's quite ironic. If you've been to a game in that rink, the rink/fan base expect EVERY shot to go in, they react to every shot on net. The fan base thinks they're just that good, that they cannot lose. Like the many gamblers who come to town everyday and get a dose of the same luck, it will be interesting to see what happens to the fan base after they go through several years of shitty on ice product. Even the best teams can make the finals one year and be out of the playoffs the next.

I would think that between the NFL coming to town and the Knights facing the same issues every team faces year after year, things will settle/level off.

What a season they've had. Shocking that they could beat the Jets 4 in a row to make the final, but good for them, it's a hell of a story.
    Good summary. A few points I’d like to add based on my experience there. I had a chance to speak to a couple of knowledgeable fans down there, and they were either locals who’ve been cheering for Arizona, or relocated to Vegas from elsewhere. So ya, I was actually surprised that there were already hockey fans in the city. As for the other fans that don’t know the game well and expect every shot to go in, you get that everywhere. Vancouver is a great example of that, hell even at the Dome we have the whole arena chanting shoot after a pass even when there’s zero shooting lanes.

As for leveling off, I don’t think that’ll happen. I went to games early in the season, and the place is packed with 50% visiting fans. When things die down, it’ll just go back to that. Every NHL fan would schedule Vegas trips to coincide with their home team games.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Name:  d88d6246-74af-48c5-83e0-b38459f043e2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  35.2 KB

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by A2VR6 View Post
    Name:  d88d6246-74af-48c5-83e0-b38459f043e2.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  35.2 KB

He would’ve been impactful if he stayed. Impactful in the AHL haha.

My Ride
    NC1

What ya guys think? TB finishes off the Caps tonight?

Who has better chance to knock off VGK?

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I want caps to win, so that I can make Vegas for the finals. Should be able to make game 1 and 2.

Stupid me booked a work trip to India through game 4 to 7 a couple of months ago, so I’ll be watching the cup get hoisted in sunny Bangalore!

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

I'm going also - what dates are you going to be in BLR?

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Round 3:

Western
    Knights (P1) vs Jets (C2) - Knights in 7 - Right team, wrong number of games

Eastern
    Capitals (M1) vs Lightning (A1) - Lightning in 6 - Wrong team

Finals:

Knights (P1) vs Capitals (M1) - Knights in 5

Any other year I'd be cheering for Ovie, but I want the Knights to win this.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

No predictions this round for me. Go Knights!

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I want caps to win, so that I can make Vegas for the finals. Should be able to make game 1 and 2.

Stupid me booked a work trip to India through game 4 to 7 a couple of months ago, so I’ll be watching the cup get hoisted in sunny Bangalore!
    I'll be there from Friday through Tuesday, flying back Tuesday. What's the scoop? The only night I can't go to a game is Sunday night because there is nothing that I will miss NOFX for haha
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I'll be there from Friday through Tuesday, flying back Tuesday. What's the scoop? The only night I can't go to a game is Sunday night because there is nothing that I will miss NOFX for haha
    Game 1 is Monday. Game 2 is Wednesday. My work schedule only has me free to make the Wednesday game. My wallet isn’t so sure yet with lower bowl tickets starting at $3k a piece.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

this is a great finals matchup for casual fans like me.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 15 16 17 ... LastLast