Quantcast
So... nobody excited for the OnePlus 5?? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: So... nobody excited for the OnePlus 5??

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The problem is it's hard to find car chargers other than the official one.
    It still charges really quick with a 2.5amp cigarette lighter charger. Way quicker than my 5X did with the exact same charging equipment.

Also remember, cigarette outlets are not designed for high amperage. Good chance you'll burn it out using the 4.7amp oneplus charger.

This phone is inferior to Apples and Samsung offering by far. I mean if you can't afford a good phone and want to save $300 sure - but this is just an inferior product. Have had multiple friends who have owned previous iterations and Not 1 of them was happy with it and eventually switched to Samsung/Apple.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Type_S1 View Post
    This phone is inferior to Apples and Samsung offering by far. I mean if you can't afford a good phone and want to save $300 sure - but this is just an inferior product. Have had multiple friends who have owned previous iterations and Not 1 of them was happy with it and eventually switched to Samsung/Apple.
    A+ contribution to the thread. Care to expand beyond "its inferior"? From a performance/hardware standpoint, it certainly isn't. And many people love an open OS environment with no bloatware (unlike Samsung, so much bloat) or Apple (locked into IOS).

And you aren't saving $300, the oneplus 5 competes with the Iphone X, which starts at $1310. So its more like $600. The S8 is $1,000, so the $300 greater price, but has less ram (for starters).

Now, you can talk about displays. And I can tell you right now, I'm a screen quality freak, but when you are talking about a 5.5" screen, it really starts to become less of an issue. Its like going 4k vs 1080p on a 70" TV. It just isn't worth it from a visual perspective. But that's just like, my opinion, man

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

That’s the first time I’ve heard the OP5 competing with the iPhone X.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    That’s the first time I’ve heard the OP5 competing with the iPhone X.
    Competing is relative. If you give a crap about shit like facial recognition, then of course it doesn't compete. If you look at it from the perspective of a portable computer in your pocket, its pretty clear that in performance regards, they are on about the same level.

Its like me saying a ZL1 camaro vs a amg c63 is the same. Performance in a variety of aspects is fairly similiar, but clearly one has a premium placement to its status, even if it does nothing that we expect of cars (drive) in a better fashion.

Its ok rage, you can have your shiny iphone. I'd never pay that much money for one, especially with that insanely stupid notch thing

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Competing is relative. If you give a crap about shit like facial recognition, then of course it doesn't compete. If you look at it from the perspective of a portable computer in your pocket, its pretty clear that in performance regards, they are on about the same level.

Its like me saying a ZL1 camaro vs a amg c63 is the same. Performance in a variety of aspects is fairly similiar, but clearly one has a premium placement to its status, even if it does nothing that we expect of cars (drive) in a better fashion.

Its ok rage, you can have your shiny iphone. I'd never pay that much money for one, especially with that insanely stupid notch thing
    No need to be so sensitive.

I'm just shocked that comparison is being made. The performance of the 2 phones are worlds apart. I couldn't find anything that was close between the 2 phones. Hell even comparing with the iPhone 7, the only thing really close were synthetic benchmarks, and that's because OP5 got busted by Google for cheating on it. This isn't remotely close to ZL1 vs C63, more like Civic vs C63. That's why I brought it up in the first place.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    06 S2000

No need to be so defensive.

I'm just shocked that comparison is being made. The performance of the 2 phones are worlds apart. I couldn't find anything that was close between the 2 phones. Hell even comparing with the iPhone 7, the only thing really close were synthetic benchmarks, and that's because OP5 got busted by Google for cheating on it. This isn't remotely close to ZL1 vs C63, more like Civic vs C63.
    Having not looked at benchmarks, or really any iPhone stats, I can't really comment. That being said, I transitioned to the OP5 from the N6P after my display died, and there was no other decent looking phones for <$1000 off contract. Personally, I'm too embroiled into Android (and enjoy android) to go back to Apple, but compared to the S8, Pixel, Pixel XL, the OP5 seemed like a dead win in terms of bang for buck. The screens not the greatest, but the storage and speed are fantastic, and Oxygen OS has been really nice, considering I was in love with native Android.

That being said, quite a few people made the comparison. Likely partly due to the fact that the OP5 is an iPhone clone.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=onepl...hrome&ie=UTF-8

https://www.tomsguide.com/us/oneplus...view-4465.html
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    That being said, quite a few people made the comparison. Likely partly due to the fact that the OP5 is an iPhone clone.
    Yea, I made that comparison too (OP5 vs IP7). He was comparing to the IPX which was a head scratcher for me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

No need to be so sensitive.
    Haha, I can assure you I'm not being defensive, just explaining the thought process.

I don't know what to tell you. I'd love to get my hands on a X just to check it out, but I disagree with your civic vs C63 assessment You still have not provided one shred of a rebuttal demonstrating how or why the Iphone X is clearly in another category, by all means let me know :p

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Haha, I can assure you I'm not being defensive, just explaining the thought process.

I don't know what to tell you. I'd love to get my hands on a X just to check it out, but I disagree with your civic vs C63 assessment You still have not provided one shred of a rebuttal demonstrating how or why the Iphone X is clearly in another category, by all means let me know :p
    OK. 2 seconds of googling.

http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...plus-5-1751598

Name:  geekbench4_gsmarena_main1_1505713095230.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  geekbench4_gsmarena_main_1505713067864.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  94.9 KB

My Ride
    06 S2000

Wow, those multi core results are fantastic on the X. I expected the single core to already be way better than the OP5, just based off the 7.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

OP5 vs IP7+ real world. I mean it's comparable, but still loses out even tho it has more RAM.

I don't see how it can magically come close to an IPX.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Wow, those multi core results are fantastic on the X. I expected the single core to already be way better than the OP5, just based off the 7.
    What's hilarious is that the IP8 is benchmarking higher than the IPX, most likely because of higher resolution on the IPX.

I'm excited for the performance boost. I spend so much time on iMovie on my phone, faster rendering speed is going to be huge for me.

It's because they added more cores this time around. The performance is impressive, but what's funny is all the people who are surprised by the gains in multi-core performance when they added more cores lol.

The iPhone 8 scores the highest because the screen resolution is the lowest.

I'm an Android fan but there is nothing about the OP5 that really impresses me, even compared to last year's flagships. You also can't trust any of their benchmarks and the company's owner has been caught in so many lies. Arguably the two most important things on any phone, the screen and the camera, are both not very good, at least for my needs.

My Ride
    Bicycle

OnePlus 5T announced, ready for pre order next week.

Same as the 5 but screen stretched to 18:9 and fingerprint sensor moved to the back.

Also, anyone who is on Freedom Mobile, latest update for the 5 fixed the LTE/HSPA network switching issue.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Anyone rocking the 5T? Reviews?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    I don't understand the 5T. Not even a bigger battery, more ram, or a better processor. Whats the point?

18:9 screen would drive me nuts I think.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Potential CC hack on their sites, CC ordering is down right now, only accept Paypal.

Not rocking 5T, not enough of a difference than 5.

Every review basically say it's one of the best budget flagships. I don't see how 5T will take away good reps built by 5, especially if you like back finger print reader.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 01-16-2018 at 08:07 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I don't understand the 5T. Not even a bigger battery, more ram, or a better processor. Whats the point?

18:9 screen would drive me nuts I think.
    I really like it so far, and I prefer the fingerprint scanner on the rear. I took an opportunity to upgrade, as someone wanted to buy my 5.
    My car sounds like shit.

ya, not really exited for that. Lol

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast