Quantcast
Purchasing Eye Glasses Online - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Purchasing Eye Glasses Online

Default Purchasing Eye Glasses Online

Getting prescription glasses online is far cheaper than instore but the disadvantage is that how you do you know how the frame will look on you. What do you guys do who order online? Go to a shop and try on pairs and try to find them online?

Cleary contacts seemed to be a good site. Sugguestions? If I could find a place that is slighly more expensive then online I would go there just so that I get the customer service.

My Ride
    rally pig

I already know the style of frames that I like so always go through Clearly Contacts.
    You could always go to a local store first and see if that frame type works for you and then buy something very similar online.

Last December I bought a pair of glasses and sunglasses from ClearlyContacts as health benefits was almost over. Then on January I had my eyes checked and prescription changed slightly so I had to buy new ones again haha. Bought them locally as I liked how they fitted on me but next ones will be through ClearyContacts again as I have my latest prescription (last eye exam was over 6 years ago for me)

Costco!

No one can touch their pricing

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I know nothing of these online places, but how do they handle more "complex" prescriptions? and what is the selection of high refractive index lenses?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I checked out Costco yesterday and they had some desinger frames for 100 bucks! The price for lenses were far cheaper than any glasses store. How are they able to give out such good prices?

My Ride
    90 DB1, 03 RL1, 07 YK1

I can't remember with Clearlycontacts, but on Zenni Optical, you can upload a picture and overlay frames onto your picture. The key is knowing what measurements fit you comfortably and use the filters accodingly to narrow down your options. There's a section to help you figure out what is what. Only downside with Zenni is if you really want brand name frames - all of Zenni's frames are their own house brand/design. Upside to this though is their prices are considerably less expensive.
    I'm still wearing the two pairs by i got from Zenni a few years ago (prescription hasn't changed luckily).

Calgary is so much like an iphone: iCalgary - There's a bylaw for that.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    I checked out Costco yesterday and they had some desinger frames for 100 bucks! The price for lenses were far cheaper than any glasses store. How are they able to give out such good prices?
    Probably similar to everything else they sell; they sell it close to cost. Their main source of profit is on memberships.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by jwslam View Post
    Probably similar to everything else they sell; they sell it close to cost. Their main source of profit is on memberships.
    Word.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    NC1

I haven't bought anything from a store since I discovered Clearly Contacts. I have bought 6 pairs of glasses from them in the past 6 years. i know my style of frame and the size 53-19-140. Got my prescription and PD distance from the Optometrist and never spent more than $100 per pair. Works for me. I have also lucked out that it doesn't need adjusting either!

My Ride
    golfR

Used to get mine from Clearly Contacts but their selections now aren't that great.
    Ended up going to Costco for my last pair.

My Ride
    M3P

Been using Zenni from time

My Ride

Bought a few pairs from Clearly Contacts when they first launched $8.95 frames and free shipping/free lens if you choose the thick ass bottle pop ones. Still use them as backup to this day but the prescription has changed alot LOL.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Went into Costco today and leneses are only 150!! I was at the mall yesterday and got a quote for comparison and they quoted me 480 for the same 1.67 index leneses. I do like the idea of getting frames locally though as even if I enter my measurements online for frames, soemtimes they just dont' look that great on.

Does anyone know which Costco in Calgary has the bigger optical department? I was up at Beacon and the choices are limited.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Went into Costco today and leneses are only 150!! I was at the mall yesterday and got a quote for comparison and they quoted me 480 for the same 1.67 index leneses. I do like the idea of getting frames locally though as even if I enter my measurements online for frames, soemtimes they just dont' look that great on.

Does anyone know which Costco in Calgary has the bigger optical department? I was up at Beacon and the choices are limited.

Sunridge one is pretty big? Go for the newest locations. Usually they have all the renovations for the bigger optical depts