Quantcast
How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll

46 69.70%

13 19.70%

5 7.58%
  • 120k + 20k ADM.

2 3.03%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

My Ride
    M5 Competition

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

]

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Car and driver placing this car in the same sentence as a GT2RS. Unreal.

Motortrend said it could win best drivers car next year. Unreal.

Unreal! It’s a mustang!

But I love it <3
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Car and driver placing this car in the same sentence as a GT2RS. Unreal.

Motortrend said it could win best drivers car next year. Unreal.

Unreal! It’s a mustang!

But I love it <3
    You were going to love this regardless of the insane performance...

My Ride
    *The First*

Very impressive. I'm just surprised at how polarizing the sound is. I honestly hate the sound and I've been saying that across the Mustang lineup for the past 2-3 years.
    To me, they honestly sound like they are bubbling underwater. That's the best description I can come up with. It sounds like an extremely aggressive... Outboard motor.
    Hell of a machine and I'm sure it is an excellent value but that sound is just not for me.

And who is saying "GT2RS"? I hope it's people who know nothing about anything. This is likely such a wonderful car but I severely doubt it can touch any single thing that a GT2RS can do - nor should it, at roughly 1/5th of the price? Show it beating that Porsche at something (not just "it's almost as _____" and "it's only ____shower than") and we'll talk. It doesn't need to be half as good as that Porsche to still be awesome and raise eyebrows.

My Ride
    ute

IMO, the fpc Mustang engines sound much better in person than on a video. I love the way they sound.

I'm very happy that Ford is producing this car. I can't stand the FCA equivalents (or really anything from FCA other than a Viper). But there is no downside for anyone that Ford is executing these GT cars at such a high level.

I did get a laugh at Doug's interior shots with the acres of hard plastic. I could never manage that, but I understand why it's there.

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    IMO, the fpc Mustang engines sound much better in person than on a video. I love the way they sound.

I'm very happy that Ford is producing this car. I can't stand the FCA equivalents (or really anything from FCA other than a Viper). But there is no downside for anyone that Ford is executing these GT cars at such a high level.

I did get a laugh at Doug's interior shots with the acres of hard plastic. I could never manage that, but I understand why it's there.
    The Chrysler products also sound terrible, but if you're a person that doesn't like supercharger whine, then that's what you're going to say.
    I will qualify that I've heard plenty of Mustangs in real life and not recorded on 3¢ cell phone microphones and I maintain that is not a sound I like. Underwater scuba car. I'd take an old, Fox Body 5.0 sound with an aftermarket exhaust all day, every day. Those sounded like appropriate American muscle and that's a wonderful sound.
    With today's technology, I don't understand why they're not creating a better sound and trying to simulate a V10 growl or even a Ferrari V12 symphony when that's within reach with the incredible technology available today. Barring that, go back to their roots and produce an amplified version of that wonderful V8 throat.
    After hearing a tuned 3-cylinder BMW i8... I gotta say I think that sounds better and that's a sad thing when someone with a tiny canvas like that can produce better art than someone with an enormous canvas just begging for the right paint.

Still - again... This is a Hell of a car and props to them.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by npham View Post
    You were going to love this regardless of the insane performance...
    Yeah, chances were good.

I just love cars. Ford, chev, Porsche, Honda, Korea. Whatever.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    Very impressive. I'm just surprised at how polarizing the sound is. I honestly hate the sound and I've been saying that across the Mustang lineup for the past 2-3 years.
    To me, they honestly sound like they are bubbling underwater. That's the best description I can come up with. It sounds like an extremely aggressive... Outboard motor.
    Hell of a machine and I'm sure it is an excellent value but that sound is just not for me.

And who is saying "GT2RS"? I hope it's people who know nothing about anything. This is likely such a wonderful car but I severely doubt it can touch any single thing that a GT2RS can do - nor should it, at roughly 1/5th of the price? Show it beating that Porsche at something (not just "it's almost as _____" and "it's only ____shower than") and we'll talk. It doesn't need to be half as good as that Porsche to still be awesome and raise eyebrows.
    These guys. Their context was a comparison of models, but then they mention straight up comparisons. So whatever. Are they saying Porsche’s marketing for models is outstanding? Or the models themselves. Both.

Ford officials proudly point out that the company now offers 12 Mustang variants. The lineup is nearly as comprehensive as the Porsche 911 range. In that context, there may just be room for two Shelby 'Stangs. Think of the naturally aspirated, manual-transmission-only GT350 as Ford's own Porsche 911 GT3 and the Shelby GT500 as Ford's 911 GT2 RS, and you'll understand both how similar and different these two cars are. Yeah, we're comparing Mustangs to Porsche's best sports cars. The Shelby GT500 is that good.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cara...y-gt500-drive/

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

I should have updated the poll.

Prices are around 175k at cdn dealers.

135 for the car full load and about 40k adjustment.

I think a base car is going for 95k msrp + 5-10k adjustment.

Cray.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Last edited by KRyn; 03-11-2022 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    I should have updated the poll.

Prices are around 175k at cdn dealers.

135 for the car full load and about 40k adjustment.

I think a base car is going for 95k msrp + 5-10k adjustment.

Cray.
    whats a base car? like a base GT500? Itd be more than 95k no?

My Ride
    ute

175k? bahahha. holy shit. thats insane.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    What a porker, coming in at 4,200 lbs. No wonder it needs those massive front brakes. I will be surprised if the GT500 is much if at all faster than a GT350 around any race track. Hopefully it doesn't get heat soaked after a few laps. A big from me.
    my friends with GT350/GT350R don't seem to be too interested in the GT500 just because of the weight.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    whats a base car? like a base GT500? Itd be more than 95k no?
    Starts at 95, then the dealer adjustment.

Weight so far is 4147 for base, and the carbon track pack will be 4000 and change.

It’s heavy, but about 50-100lbs less than rumoured.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    M5 Competition

You can buy 2018 Shelby 350’s brand new for $85k now, so just wait a few years and you will be able to get this one for the same.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Mustang is a BIG touring car, doesn’t seem it cause of the coupe thing... but it’s unfair to it to be marketed as a “sports” car, it’s a big hwy beast, not a miata

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Mustang is a BIG touring car, doesn’t seem it cause of the coupe thing... but it’s unfair to it to be marketed as a “sports” car, it’s a big hwy beast, not a miata
    Would you say an M4 or 911 are sports cars?

The 2016 base GT350R was 3655 in its lightest iteration. That’s as light as the V8 powered 2015+ mustangs got.

I would consider the mustang a sports car now. Worlds best selling one, in fact.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Weight aside... it’s a big car, loved bombing down the hwy in mine, also would catch 911s all day long on the road course at race city, but it’s a touring car at the end of the day. Nothing wrong with it, pretty lean in fact compared to other touring cars (say, a Bentley Continental)

All cars are obviously more bloated than they use to be. But to me a “sports” car is still a small, light weight car which might not have the most power, but makes up for it with its nimbleness. ie. miata, brz, z4, etc.

I’m on the fence if an M4 is a true sports car in that sense... anything that’s built in the same chassis as a sedan is questionable. 911 is more towards the super car side of things. Sports cars should be more attainable and not necessarily setting records in acceleration

My Ride

Yeah I agree with that.

It’s a sporty car, but is big. Fits me well and I’m not a small guy.

Head scraping on the roof liner is a make or break for me. In my 350 I can wear a helmet and be okay for room.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Next up on deck:

Ford is going to really shoot for NA brilliance in the new MACH1.

I’ve really begun to notice and track the development of this car. It has the potential to really shake up the space, especially if it comes with the A10. It would be really special if it came with the DCT, but I can’t see ford doing that to the Shelby.

A couple links to peruse:

From 2015

https://www.enginelabs.com/features/...-engine-a52xs/

We took a 5.0-liter Coyote short-block, put the GT350 heads, cams, and intake on it and picked up 100 horsepower – Mike Delahanty, Ford Performance
    And very recently;

https://fordauthority.com/2020/06/20...JhZdmStMNaja5c

It’s also important to keep in mind the other Mustang that the Mach 1 will indirectly replace – the Shelby GT350. The model is powered by the naturally-aspirated, flat plane crank 5.2L Voodoo V8, which is rated at 526 horsepower and 429 pound-feet of torque. With a target of 525 horses and 450 pound-feet for the Mach 1, it would seem that Ford is aiming to deliver comparable levels of output to the Shelby GT350.
    If this is true, the coyote will go down as the most torque dense NA engine in history.

Ferrari say what?

I’d pay 70k for an 8000rpm, 525hp roaring 5.0L.

If it comes with the A10, or much less likely the DCT, it’ll be a mid 11 NA factory car, and it’ll set crazy lap records.

-H.P. Lovecraft

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8