Quantcast
How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang? - Page 7 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll

46 69.70%

13 19.70%

5 7.58%
  • 120k + 20k ADM.

2 3.03%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: How much would you pay for the next Super Mustang?

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

The mustang base model has always been a low performance “secretary’s” car since day one... for the masses. Also since damn close to day one Shelby has been taking those basic ass cars and dumping engineering and power into them for a “special” enthusiast model... it’s the same thing today, this argument is weird

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

spikerS if feels like someone shit in our coffee today, ou sound like the truck guys who were arguing it's not a real truck if it doesn't fit their personal opinion or requirements hahaha
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 07-03-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I liked the part where I got told I am emotionally attached to Mustangs
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    spikerS if feels like someone shit in our coffee today, ou sound like the truck guys who were arguing it's not a real truck if it doesn't fit their personal opinion or requirements hahaha
    Maybe, haha. A truck is a truck, whatever. If it has a box, can tow over 5k pounds, and carry enough to not have to do 2 trips to home depot to bring home 20 bags of concrete, it's a truck.

But like I said, mustangs are nothing special to me anymore. a dime a dozen. the term "mustang" can literally mean anything these days. I just think that if Ford wanted to make this performance car stand out and be recognizable right off the bat, they should have invested in a different marketing scheme. Chevy has done it with the camaro vs vette, Dodge did it with the Charger vs Hellcat, GTR, etc... I dunno, I think they need to do more to make it stand out. The GT doesn't apply to this argument obviously due to the $5-600k + price tag, as there is no comparable available that I am aware of from the other brands.

Like I said, it's my opinion, but if a co-worker tells me a nice mustang is driving past, my eyes won't even leave the monitor. Now get off my lawn!
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    Maybe, haha. A truck is a truck, whatever. If it has a box, can tow over 5k pounds, and carry enough to not have to do 2 trips to home depot to bring home 20 bags of concrete, it's a truck.

But like I said, mustangs are nothing special to me anymore. a dime a dozen. the term "mustang" can literally mean anything these days. I just think that if Ford wanted to make this performance car stand out and be recognizable right off the bat, they should have invested in a different marketing scheme. Chevy has done it with the camaro vs vette, Dodge did it with the Charger vs Hellcat, GTR, etc... I dunno, I think they need to do more to make it stand out. The GT doesn't apply to this argument obviously due to the $5-600k + price tag, as there is no comparable available that I am aware of from the other brands.

Like I said, it's my opinion, but if a co-worker tells me a nice mustang is driving past, my eyes won't even leave the monitor. Now get off my lawn!
    Because you know they are lying.

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Doesn't sound like there is much of a track package. From the article I provided:

If you want more added to your ridiculous car, Ford will allow you to pay for the Carbon Fibre Track Package, which adds bare carbon-fibre 20-inch wheels with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires; an adjustable GT4 track wing; adjustable strut-top mounts; and front splitters on each side. Ford’ll also keep the rear seats for itself when you check that box.

Even though it's not much I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did charge $25K+ for just those few items. That being said an aftermarket set of CF wheels start around $12K USD.

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    The mustang base model has always been a low performance “secretary’s” car since day one... for the masses. Also since damn close to day one Shelby has been taking those basic ass cars and dumping engineering and power into them for a “special” enthusiast model.
    Could the same thing not be said for the BMW 3/4 Series a lowly 330i all the way up to an M4 GTS, $100K+ MSRP spread between them.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    Even though it's not much I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did charge $25K+ for just those few items. That being said an aftermarket set of CF wheels start around $12K USD.

Could the same thing not be said for the BMW 3/4 Series a lowly 330i all the way up to an M4 GTS, $100K+ MSRP spread between them.
    Bugatti or bust. No K-Mart models.

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    fact.

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post

I don’t feel that driving article is accurate. It’s weird, they even say it has an 8sp auto, it truly has a 7sp DCT.

Anyway, the carbon track package is $18,500 usd, so I’m saying an even 25k Canadian.

Add tech package and stripes or black roof and you’re at 130. Add painted stripes and it’ll be around 143k + tax.

We also don’t know if the starting price of 94k includes freight and gas guzzler tax ($2600).

Could be a 150,000 mustang. Jesus.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride

Press release days started. Ford is letting journalists and friends race the cars at LV speedway.

So far an 11.0@128 has been claimed.

Good for street tires, 3000DA and noob drivers.

It’s a 10.7@130 in some owners hands.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

Sounds like they need to do some more ecu and TCU tuning.
    But the mustang design has always been a light back end, burnout happy design.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Burnouts are the #1 priority of Mustang buyers. I have a buddy with an older GT500 and that car is hilarious, and the best thing about it is breaking the tires loose. My buddy has zero desire to do laps in it, and I think that attitude is typical.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Burnouts are the #1 priority of Mustang buyers. I have a buddy with an older GT500 and that car is hilarious, and the best thing about it is breaking the tires loose. My buddy has zero desire to do laps in it, and I think that attitude is typical.
    That and noise.

Not that that’s a bad thing. But they should know who their buyers are and stop trying to sell them to people who will never buy mustangs.

fact.

My Ride

Mustangs, esp Shelby’s aren’t that demographic anymore.

They’re honest track based road cars. They still have the American flair, but they’re designed to compete.

Mustang IS the worlds best selling sports car.

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    ute

My Ride
    is faster than yours

^ skipped through the vid quick but what's up with the car when he's driving? The green one doesn't have back seats but when driving, the car does?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by never View Post
    ^ skipped through the vid quick but what's up with the car when he's driving? The green one doesn't have back seats but when driving, the car does?
    Everyone noticed. My guess the green one belongs to someone.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Everyone noticed. My guess the green one belongs to someone.
    A preproduction car?? Either something to do with preserving the carbon bits from damage... or mechanical issues

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

yeah, most likely a press event with multiple cars instead of his usual practice.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

My assumption is it’s little stations that they rotate press through over the day so they can get 1:1 time with the car. That happens on Schmee or whatever his name is’s reviews all the time.

15 minutes on the green car exterior photo station.

15 minutes on some other car interior shot station.

5 laps on the track station.

Gtfo

fact.

My Ride
    ute

Bump for @89coupe :p

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast