Quantcast
Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Therefore, a terrorist should not be given the same rights as a law abiding citizen.
    What about non-terrorists who aren't completely law abiding?

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by ragu View Post
    This by and large is what extremism looks like.
    I agree with you Ragu, your post is exactly what extremism looks like, its too bad you're so infected with progressiveness that you can't see a terrorist for the trees. You and Feruk could probably stand to get a psychological examination to address the underlying logical fallacies your arguments are based on, them not being in anyway related to reality. Might help understand what the difference is between racism, and not wanting to pay a convicted terrorist $10mil when he isn't even owed it.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Can you say strawman? Lol, what an idiot.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Depends, is he the right color and faith?

I've seen massive arguments on FB over this topic between a military guy and typical extremists (just like in this thread). It's odd how they react when the military guy backs child soldier argument and supports Cdn value system.

My Ride
    Silverado

He is not protected by our laws when in another country. There is no possible way that he could have been sent back to canada for a crime committed in another country. The Canadian government wouldn't have supported him.

His charter rights were violated when Canadians interrogated him without instructing him to obtain council. Or something similar.

Canada was not responsible for getting him sent to gitmo or getting him out. This payout was because of procedural errors . Our interrogations of him were improper because he was a minor and he was a Canadian. I'm sure we interrogated many foreigners, minors or Not, in the same fashion.
    Last edited by dirtsniffer; 07-05-2017 at 11:14 PM.

I had no idea that there was no actual evidence that he was even involved. The Americans blew him up and shot him in the back twice as he was crouching and obviously wounded with shrapnel and unarmed. The only other surviving militant was armed and crawling towards an ak47, was shot in the head. Khadr was held with no hope for 8 years before be pleaded. Take a deal, to see a definite end. Would you take unknown mayhe forever, or a way out? He also didnt go there on his own. He was taken to Afghanistan by his fsther.

Reading the firefight story here. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omar_Khadr

And this is a pretty well written article for the np. http://nationalpost.com/opinion/colb...c-b4498d813e34

Changed my mind. Deserves every cent.

not sure if you are serious. I see no problem with 'average' criminals getting the same basic rights. Lets not detour into a different topic lol
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

My Ride
    G37X

Quite the payday for a terrorist.

Quote Originally Posted by Power_Of_Rotary View Post
    not sure if you are serious. I see no problem with 'average' criminals getting the same basic rights. Lets not detour into a different topic lol
    What happens when the reason you're convicted as a criminal is because your basic rights were denied to you? Like say, in this case?

My Ride
    G6

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    I You and Feruk could probably stand to get a psychological examination to address the underlying logical fallacies your arguments are based on, them not being in anyway related to reality. Might help understand what the difference is between racism, and not wanting to pay a convicted terrorist $10mil when he isn't even owed it.
    What are these "underlying logical fallacies?" All I'm arguing is the confession was obtained under duress, which would make it inadmissible in any court of law. There's no fallacy there. If I was a cop and I arrested you and told you that you'd never get a trial unless you confessed (and probably beat you extensively), should that confession be admissible? You're saying yes which is bizarre.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I haven't been following this story, just saw all the angry conservatives who have no clue how the judicial system works complaining that "Trudeau is giving a terrorist 10 million dollars" but can someone enlighten me to how this guy is a terrorist?

Did he commit any acts of terror outside of the war zone that US soldiers invaded, killed his family and shot him in (when he was 15 year old kid)?

I find it funny that the same conservatives that are fighting for their right to own guns so that they can "protect their family" are calling this guy a terrorist for throwing a grenade at the soldiers who shot and killed his?

From all accounts it was his dad that was the terrorist and the US just illegally tortured and imprisoned a child who was defending himself.
    Last edited by dj_patm; 07-06-2017 at 11:25 AM.

https://www.thebeaverton.com/2017/07...i-millionaire/

hahahahahahahya

GUANTANAMO BAY – The US Defense Department is praising its own prison system after a former child soldier imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay became a multi-millionaire yesterday when the Supreme Court of Canada awarded him $10.5 million.

In a statement released today, Omar Khadr was praised as a ‘model prisoner’ who excelled at enduring all of Gitmo’s interrogation techniques and attending many extra-judicial military tribunals.

“If it weren’t for the ten years Omar spent at Camp X, he wouldn’t be the wealthy person he is today,” said former US Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld who refused to give up on inmates like Khadr by granting a release. “There were many doubters of this program: Amnesty International, the UN, Human Rights Watch, and anyone with a sense of human dignity, but Omar went above and beyond to prove them wrong.”

In addition to giving themselves credit, they also thanked the previous Canadian governments of Jean Chretien, Paul Martin, and Stephen Harper for allowing him to stay to develop his case.

“Way to go Omar!” tweeted former US President George Bush. “You earned it! #GitmoIntake2002.”

US officials expressed hope that Khadr can inspire other Millennials that they too can be millionaires by the time they’re 30.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by dj_patm View Post
    I haven't been following this story
    Quite obvious from the rest of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Feruk View Post
    What are these "underlying logical fallacies?"
    False equivalence. Terrorists are not dealt with (nor should they be dealt with) the same way as civilians. Also, that you have shown you have no idea (or more accurately, that you refuse to accept what actually happened aka cognitive dissonance) what individuals or governments were involved in the particulars of events that occurred.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Enlighten me.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Enlighten me.
    www.google.ca

Enjoy! There are facts about the case that no one can misrepresent or wrongly interpret. Once you've educated yourself, please come back and we can have a lively debate (and I'm serious, some people on here would like to shut down debate, but I'm more than happy to argue).

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Pfft haha okay. Just cause you say something is wrong doesn't make it so. If you want to present some facts that counter my earlier post, be my guess.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

What pisses me off the most about this is that this grease-stain is still in the news.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    NC1

Would have been cheaper had he just disappeared in the war.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Pfft haha okay. Just cause you say something is wrong doesn't make it so. If you want to present some facts that counter my earlier post, be my guess.
    I can't counter non-factual made up statements though. Everything I've quoted in the past three pages is 100% accurate and is not opinion, not other peoples ideas or commentary, but fact, things that actually happened on the battlefield, in the court of law and jail. I've made some of my own commentary on it, but the post you made is wholly inaccurate.

My Ride
    V8s

So you post a bunch of ideas you pulled out of thin air, then instead of taking the time to educate yourself, you challenge someone to prove you wrong (as if you presented fact?)

False equivalence. Terrorists are not dealt with (nor should they be dealt with) the same way as civilians. Also, that you have shown you have no idea (or more accurately, that you refuse to accept what actually happened aka cognitive dissonance) what individuals or governments were involved in the particulars of events that occurred.
    That isn't what cognitive dissonance is.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast