Quantcast
Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 12:50 PM.

My Ride
    Model S

Just saw his CBC interview, he seems shockingly lucid. I don't think he is a threat at all. I honestly don't see how anybody can't respect him. And as far as being caught with militant parents in Afghanistan, nobody here can say they'd have done any different in his shoes (if he even did anything).

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If the US is declaring a war on Islamic religion, why not just come out and say it?
    Why not just come out and say you hate white people so much you have wet dreams every time there is a suicide bombing that kills some pasty white person.

Still making up stuff.

Yes, the video clearly shows an iud made that was used agaijst allies, and killed Canadians.

Oh wait. The video is years old. Canada didnt get invovled until only a couple months before his capture. Oh wait. Afghanistan was also in a state of tribal and civil war. Is making an iud treasenous? Did he even know canada had entered the illegal invasion? Were canadians a target? Pusthan? SOmali pirates?

Jesus. No helping the stupid, I am very glad we live in a palce you ahve to prove stuff in court, not just make up fake stuff that makes you feel good.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 07-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

I do partially blame the US soldiers for being retarded. I mean, if its an active warzone you do not go around knocking on doors carrying guns and bullets strapped across your chest. That they got within grenade throwing distance of a child combatant, might as well have stripped naked run through the streets and say "Kneel before Zod!"

But then again, the US does not classify a million tons of bombs as a warzone - so who knows what the rules are.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    I do partially blame the US soldiers for being retarded. I mean, if its an active warzone you do not go around knocking on doors carrying guns and bullets strapped across your chest. That they got within grenade throwing distance of a child combatant, might as well have stripped naked run through the streets and say "Kneel before Zod!"

But then again, the US does not classify a million tons of bombs as a warzone - so who knows what the rules are.
    I dont blame them. It was a very small area, they had been pounding it wuth 500 pound bombs, gunships and mortars for hours. They probably thought no way anyone survivd.

My Ride
    something green

So much for not negotiating with terrorists...
    Too loud for Aspen

One could argue that because of NATO, Canada is very limited in what nations civilian populaces it can put even a single soldier upon.

By definition, even if a European NATO member does absolutely reprehensible dickwadish things to other nations, there will be no penalty because not only can they not be reprimanded by NATO members, NATO members are in fact required to come to their aid when some individual or group retaliates. If ISIS was three dozen people (which it supposedly was at some point in time) that wanted retribution for say... having their families bombed - then NATO has the obligation to destroy that country (basically)

Doesn't seem fair. The reason you don't hear of a Texan shooting a Canadian soldier is because A: Its not 1812 and B: NATO proximity requirement. Take away the proximity requirement, and you watch that Texan blow the head off of an armed soldier (including US soldier) walking too close to his property line, color does not matter, flag does not matter, he is going to be shot. I hold Khadr to a higher standard than your average Texan, and Khadr still comes out roses.

BTW: Its even worse on the conspiracy possibility that ISIS was US funded insurgency group created so that the US has reason (just cause, moral right, moral justification) to take the oilfields in the middle east.

"Give a man a hammer and everything starts to look like a nail. Give a man an aircraft carrier and everything starts to look like a bombing target."
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-09-2017 at 07:03 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per ton.

A lot of comments about how much money was given to Khadr. Yes, $10 million is a lot of money.

But lets talk real money. Canada spent $14 billion fighting in Afghanistan for 12 years. What did we achieve? The some thing the other countries who tried to invade the country for the previous 1,000 year. NOTHING!

We spent $23 million each and every week for 12 years. And now we have thousands of solders asking for a lifetime pension because they suffer from stress.

Follow the big money - the really big money.

Let's not forget the Canadian officers who broke the law by being complicit in the torture. Will they be charged? No, but they will receive millions in lifetime pensions after only 20 years of service.

$10 million is a drop in the bucket of the real money we piss away every day.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 06:05 PM.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

NASA contributes positively to the advancement of technology, especially in the 60's when the moon landings were happening.

I don't think the war in Afghanistan trickled down much in terms of civilian tech. Definitely not for Canada unless the you count finding out how to get shot by Americans as useful technology.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Which makes him as Canadian as any other citizen.
    A good summary:

Name:  yep.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  110.4 KB

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

He shouldn't even be a Canadian citizen anyways, the family got citizenship under false pretences.

Canada should be able to strip citizenship from those who enter illegally and should have done so in this case. The case that citizenship can not be removed is ridiculous, if anything, Khadr should have been tried on return for treason.

My Ride
    15,000 red line

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Shit if we are just comparing large amounts of money for comparison sakes... you should see how much NASA spent getting to the moon. Or how much health care in Canada costs on a yearly basis.

Trying to justify something in this way is pretty silly... it is like saying "Yeah well, this guy murdered that guy, BUT CHARLES MANSON MURDERED MANY!!! DROP IN THE BUCKET!!"
    The difference is that many of advances today have been supported by research from several orbit missions, and health care saves your life you know. war has killed millions across the pond, displaced even more, and today we're less safe than we ever were. You cannot compare investments with pointless overzealous chivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    He shouldn't even be a Canadian citizen anyways, the family got citizenship under false pretences.

Canada should be able to strip citizenship from those who enter illegally and should have done so in this case. The case that citizenship can not be removed is ridiculous, if anything, Khadr should have been tried on return for treason.
    So should the many Cdn murderers, pedos...I'll continue waiting till you start that trend? As for treason charge, the idious cons had the chance in 2012 so think twice when you vote for them next?
    Last edited by ragu; 07-10-2017 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

(Omar) Khadr didn't enter the country illegally, he was born here.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast