Quantcast
Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million - Page 9 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Omar Khadr awarded $10.5 million

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 06:05 PM.

My Ride
    2010 Subaru Forester XT

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My reference to the crooked liberal toolbox circles more around people that are trying to say that Omar is somehow innocent of his wrong doings... like an NCR for a terrorist
    At this point, nobody knows. People that say he's 100% guilty are just as misguided as anybody that says he's 100% innocent. And even if he WAS 100% guilty, that doesn't excuse the conduct of the Canadian government, right?

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 06:06 PM.

It doesn't matter if he fought against Canada's allies. That isn't treason.

No surprise today. He got to keep his money from the frivolos american womam.

And something that will make sugarfreak cry some more. He got 10.5 mlion plus legal expense.

A Frivolos Womam! What the hell is going on with you lately, why is your spelling so awful? New phone?

I doubt he will get to keep his money... the lawyers will get it from him soon enough. Maybe you can start a go-fund-me page for him when that happens?

Ok, You can't just loophole him out of joining forces with a terrorist group, haha

He is guilty of treason
    While we are making shit up, you must be guilty of pedophia.

And his legal costs will be covered as long as he keeps winning.
    Last edited by Gestalt; 07-13-2017 at 03:11 PM.

You've forgotten, the house always wins eventually...

Did you intentionally spell "pedophia" wrong, I literally can't tell if you are just doing it on purpose now
    I have a learning disability combined with being a tech and wearing gloves 90% of my day. That's what they told my parents in school anyway.

And i jdgaf. The point doesn't need university level spelling to be made.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    I have a learning disability combined with being a tech and wearing gloves 90% of my day. That's what they told my parents in school anyway.

And i jdgaf. The point doesn't need university level spelling to be made.
    It's like reading google translated Japanese...

Some interesting takes on the Khadr file coming from legal minds that are contradicting what the PM was saying today. A lawyer with CCF was on at 12:30pm(July12th) on qr77 yesterday, worth a listen.
    Too loud for Aspen

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    It's like reading google translated Japanese...

Some interesting takes on the Khadr file coming from legal minds that are contradicting what the PM was saying today. A lawyer with CCF was on at 12:30pm(July12th) on qr77 yesterday, worth a listen.
    Whats CCF? So he was againat it? Grab me a link, would love to here a different opinion as pretty well every other lawyer and justice in Canada that has spoken agreed with the payout.

You can't choose your parents.

Kim Jong Nam liked gambling and Disneyland and probably could have called for the de-nuclearization of North Korea. But he still ended up dead, whoever called it in. Shit happens, but it doesn't mean that Kim Jong Nam does not have the right to protect himself because of his parentage.

So he went to visit his parents, and a group of soldiers decided on that day to break down the door of the house. As a kid or even as a full grown adult he did the only thing any rational person would do - He fought back when a weapon was pointed at him. As a young kid, Khadr might have been a little more nimble - and in the end the US soldier died and others injured. Split second the other way and the US soldiers would have been the victors.

Of course he was in the legal right, and I think the Canadian government (and even the US government to a certain extent) understands it. Its just that people are bitter because we have to pay on the mistake that should never have been made in the first place. As a charter violation with torture involved $10 million isn't all that much nowadays, it would belittle the charter of Canada if it was a small settlement. If they had simply made the correct decision to start with "Khadr - self defense - free to go" then nobody would be suing anyone else.

I am angry at the government for making the wrong mistake to start with, and also angry that a settlement has to be paid. But the rest is justice.

What should be happening in the US, is a reprimand for the commanding officer that told the US soliders to start going door to door, perhaps the soliders were ill-equipped, ill-trained, ill-prepared, or simply naive. I would say sue, but you can't sue chain of command in the US army. What the commanding officer did was the equivalent of send his soldiers out into the field with a placard begging people to do them harm. OR again, the soldiers might have just been retarded.

Die hard spoiler alert.

South park spoiler alert and offensive suggestions alert.

If US Senator John McCain came at me with a loaded weapon - I'd throw a grenade at him too.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-13-2017 at 08:43 PM.
    Cocoa $11,000 per tonne.

Ok, You can't just loophole him out of joining forces with a terrorist group, haha

He is guilty of treason
    Not fitting under the conditions required for treason is a loophole?

Being part of a terrorist group is not treason. Particularly when the fighting you're doing is at home, not against your own country, but against a foreign occupying force that didn't formally declare war on you, where the primary evidence is a confession obtained in a manner the SCOC declared a violation of their rights and therefore undoubtedly inadmissible in the first place.

But again, fighting against Canada's allies isn't treason, no matter how much whining you do about it.

My Ride
    something green

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Whats CCF? So he was againat it? Grab me a link, would love to here a different opinion as pretty well every other lawyer and justice in Canada that has spoken agreed with the payout.
    http://globalnews.ca/pages/on-demand...lk770-calgary/
    Pick July 12th, 12:00 pm, hit the play icon then FF on the status bar to about 12:34 PM .
    Too loud for Aspen

They (the conservatives) were going to charge him with treason at one point:
    No, they weren't. Because they can't. It's right there in the article you posted.

"In Canada, the decision to lay and pursue Criminal Code charges rests with police and provincial Crown attorneys."

What am I even saying, it is literally the fucking title.

Treason charge for Khadr not up to feds

Uh yeah, I hate to burst your bubble, but that doesn't actually say he can't be charged with treason, or even that treason laws don't apply. If anything it shows that other people are thinking exactly the same thing... that they'd like to see him charged with it because it does in fact apply.

Now what it is saying, clear as day right in the "fucking title", is that charging him with treason is the responsibility of either the police or crown attorney and not the federal government. Implied, is that they would like to see him charged with it... the article even goes on to talk about how it is a valid charge. Which is EXACTLY in line with my assertion that the justice systems in Canada failed miserably at delivering justice on behalf of it's citizens.

I find that odd given the lengths Canada has gone to uphold other areas of our laws and ensure that he gets his settlement money

The Final Conclusion: Treason = a fully valid charge for his criminal actions against our country

Summary: Conservative party has internal debate about validity of a treason charge and realize it doesn't matter what they think because they don't make that decision. People who do make the decision do not charge anybody with treason.

In other news, Sugarphreak can't read, continues to be willfully ignorant of judicial process.

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I'll put money on that treason charge never coming up and never sticking if it does. You on sugar? Pay me $100 and in the event of him being charged I'll give you $200 if he gets convicted I'll lock in an extra $50.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast