Fuck that guy.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll give you my take:

Fuck that guy.
    Yup.

Legally, I think the lawyer found a slam dunk loophole somewhere. So $10M is cheaper than $20M + court cost they are asking for.

Still as much as I think it sucked to get brain wash at 15 and probably forced to kill while he's there, I don't think this is justified.

Here's a smart thing for Khadar to do. Pay the lawyers, and pay most of what's left to the widow of solider that he killed. He ain't going to pay all of $134M tab against him. But at least it is a show of remorse and start the redemption.

"A U.S. judge granted $134.2 million in damages in 2015, but the plaintiffs acknowledged then that there was little chance they would collect any of the money from Khadr because he lives in Canada."

What price for wrongful torture? Can you put a price on it? A billion dollars does not seem out of reach.

I'm pretty sure my entire life has been a torturous endurance of people like Rob Anders. Never seen a nickel.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    What price for wrongful torture? Can you put a price on it? A billion dollars does not seem out of reach.
    Yes, I agree he should have to pay 1 billion dollars to each of the family members of the guy he killed for torturing them the rest of their lives. He should work his ass off to pay that debt.

Fuck that.

No money for the child terrorist, no money for a dead soldier invading another country.

But on the other hand, its a good idea. Give them 100 million each. Then do that with every life.lost, and maybe they'll start avoidong conflict instead of keeping them ongoing.

should terrorists of any age be granted all basic human rights? Is the 10.5m is paid because of human rights violation?

People should protest this and stop paying income tax if the gov is giving so much to refugees and now convicted terrorist.
    Originally posted by beyond_ban
    Yo Kanye, ima let you finish, but 50 Cent had the best concert cancellation of all time.

Wasn't it the US that held & tortured him? Why is Canada paying for what the US did?

You invade someone's country and get killed in the process. What did the family of the solider expect? He signed up for the job of most likely killing innocent people for probably a reason he doesn't even truely know. Being only 15 years old and having been taught to defend yourself against people trying to invade your country and kill you're family I think the kid what he had to do to survive.

What we all should take away from this is who the fuck is this guys lawyer?! Hire him!!

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Remember, all the people who voted for Trudeau gave the righteous libtards a blank cheque to spend all their money and then some.

Fuck khadr and fuck trudeau!

It's anything Traitor Trudeau, the Muslim convert can do to help out his Muslim Brothers.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Star1995 View Post
    Wasn't it the US that held & tortured him? Why is Canada paying for what the US did?
    I think something along the line that initial interrogation was done by us and handed him over to US after. Didn't really get to full detail.

Quote Originally Posted by jabjab View Post
    Being only 15 years old and having been taught to defend yourself against people trying to invade your country and kill you're family I think the kid what he had to do to survive.
    Thought I'd point out that this kid was Canadian and wasn't defending anything that was his.

Quote Originally Posted by SportEL View Post
    It's anything Traitor Trudeau, the Muslim convert can do to help out his Muslim Brothers.
    Trudeau is Muslim?

No love for Money to a terrorist, or a pawn soldier, but it's cheaper to pay him than fight it. Supreme court already decided in his favour.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Thought I'd point out that this kid was Canadian and wasn't defending anything that was his.
    You mean other than his life from the soldiers attacking what wasnt theres?

I can imagine that he could probably try to collect on the US settlement, and then buy up a million AK-47 and return to the battlefield to fight against more US soldiers with better chances.

Forward operating bases and conflict zones for US invasion are dumping grounds for fodder. If the US penal system is simply a means to get slave labor, then US military is simply a means by which to dump high risk, high testosterone males on other nations. They are Indepensible in that no one else will risk be dispensible (certainly not draft dodger Trump)

US probably has no legitimate claim on being in the middle east, Khadr had reasonable reason to be there. Hence, US soldier in the wrong - Khadr in the right as confirmed by both US and Canadian courts.

Every US solider, even medics give up any claim to sue the US military, when they sign up to the military. If you sign up, and you die from botulism eating the five year old cheese rations - as a US solider you can't sue anyone.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-05-2017 at 09:22 AM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by syscal View Post
    Yes he is a Canadian. He is not a child soldier don't kid your self. He knew exactly what he was doing.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    Remember, all the people who voted for Trudeau gave the righteous libtards a blank cheque to spend all their money and then some.

Fuck khadr and fuck trudeau!
    Ahh yes, Trudeau personally awarded this man the cash. The courts had nothing to do with it.

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by A790 View Post
    Ahh yes, Trudeau personally awarded this man the cash. The courts had nothing to do with it.
    +1 I can't believe how people are twisting this story and painting this on the current government.
    I personally don't think that he should be getting an apology or the money. If there is anything this guy should be locked behind the bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    Trudeau is Muslim?

No love for Money to a terrorist, or a pawn soldier, but it's cheaper to pay him than fight it. Supreme court already decided in his favour.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean other than his life from the soldiers attacking what wasnt theres?
    He boasts of visiting a Radical Mosque in Montreal. He later denied he knew its radical ties. And in another mosque he recited the Shahada, the Muslim prayer acceptance of faith saying Allah is the one true God and Muhammad is the messenger. He praises Islam saying it embodies the principles upon which Canada was founded and recently also said that Islam is not incompatible with Western values. This guy is an idiot and praises the most intolerant, oppressive bigoted ideology in the world.

Page 1 of 13 1 2 11 ... LastLast