Quantcast
Persistent infections? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Persistent infections?

My Ride
    4x4

Default Persistent infections?

Curious if anyone's encountered a persistent infection before?

Since I started counting by 9⅓'s - I've had 4 weeks of IV antibiotics, 2 weeks of oral...

And now the infections back again. Wound has been closed for 3-4 weeks now. Surgeon cut way back to healthy tissue, but this is getting ridiculous.

Combo of drugs says they're probably thinking MRSA (keflex and doxycycline).

Curious if anyone knows how long I'm going to be battling this? Or why it keeps coming back - starting to drive me insane. And my guts been taking a sh-t kicking after all these drugs (and the battle with c-diff was great fun).

Thanks in advance

Could be lifetime. Been fighting a recurring staph infection for more than 40 years now. VERY familiar with the havoc antibiotics cause.
    Good luck.
    '08.5 Mazda 3
    '90 Laser RS-T
    '07 Yamaha R6

Sounds like you're trying everything they have to offer. Just throwing this out there... Look up Dr. Gab Merkin, he was on the radio a few years ago and sounded like a quack but apparently he's not a quack, anyway if I remember correctly a lot of infections that people had he blamed it on a stomach bug of some kind. I'm not a doctor and know nothing about the subject but perhaps he might have some info on his web page.

Good luck.

My Ride
    4x4

40yrs? Ugh. 3 months of continual antibiotics has been way too long. Sick of feeling sick.

5 days in - infections only slightly less red. Yay! Time for more different antibiotics!

Fml

My Ride
    4x4

Bone scan today - pretty clear what's up - Metacarpophalangeal joint (yep I googled it) lit up brighter than anything but my elbow - but no results for 3-5 days...

So I guess osteomyelitis is on my to-fix list for next week. Wonder if it's surgical or IV antibiotics remedy. They've x-rayed it pretty much biweekly so, my money isn't on a break that they haven't noticed.

And they put me on gabapentin - thinking this was a nerve issue maybe not infection. Holy shit this drug sucks.