Quantcast
Can/should the USA apologize to North Korea? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Can/should the USA apologize to North Korea?

Default Can/should the USA apologize to North Korea?

Is it possible for the US to ever not be in the moral "right"? Is the US always right and everyone else always wrong and deserving of trade sanctions and economic starvation?

So the US made a crappy generational deal for softwood lumber. Should the US be allowed to take the moral right and tear up the contract? Should they pay a penalty for tearing up said contract just like you would by tearing up a cellphone agreement?

If North Korea would denuclearize and de-ICBM if the US would simply apologize for the shitty things they have done, would the US be able to do it? Admission of guilt is tough, but the consequences otherwise might be severe.

If the US does apologize, will it even have any affect at all? Too little too late.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/0...060130291.html

ICBM launched on July 4th could hit Alaska, but not quite Hawaii.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-05-2017 at 04:39 PM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

Yes, you are correct sir. Potassium is what you want.

https://www.amazon.ca/packs-iOSAT-Po...adiation+pills

My opinion: Canada should remove itself from NATO right now, before we are dragged into a nuclear fight that the US has been provoking for decades. A fight which the US is 98% in the wrong.

I mean seriously, even if not a question of right and wrong - look at the US track record of invasions. They can't even successfully invade Syria, they have no chance of North Korea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_War

Wiki primer: US sent 326,000 US troops (pretty much the entire infantry of the US at the time) to try and take North Korea back in the 1950's. Nukes were still counted on one hand, and were not used (thankfully) But the US did drop about 635,000 tons of conventional bombs. Aircraft pilots on the US side would complain that there were no buildings left to bomb. Civilian deaths were probably around half a million to a million, and with the million planted US landmines on the farmers fields, they would starve the North Korean people for decades to come.

If there is a war between North Korea and the US, I'm siding with North Korea. Not for any economic ideology, but just for the idea that the US must be stopped because they are bloodthirsty bastards with no regard for decency.

If North Korea launches an orbital nuke that circles the earth every 20 minutes and stays in the air for a few months, the US is done. Literally done.

Should have built that wall at the US Canada border. If NATO is dissolved, you are going to get a whole bunch of rogue Texans looking to take Malartic.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-06-2017 at 06:15 AM.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Go buy an AC, I think the heat is getting to ya.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ZenOps View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If North Korea would denuclearize and de-ICBM
    Good luck with that. NK has learnt what happens when you make a deal with and get rid of nuclear arms. You eventually get taken over by the US.

US is in a pretty tough spot right now. I love how Kim Jong Un is basically rubbing it in Trump's face right now, and the US can't do shit without pretty much fucking over South Korea. Who goes on record and says the missile's job is to "slap the American bastards in their face", that's just fucking hilarious. Sure NK might not have many long range weapons to fuck over US or Japan too much, if at all, but they've stockpiled decades worth of shitty short range weapons that would fuck over Seoul pretty decent.

One thing for sure tho, people made a huge stink about Trump holding nuclear codes during the election, but as expected, he's not fucking crazy like the media portrays. Either way, I've got my popcorn ready haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

The thing that blows my mind is that really, North Korea "won". How crazy is that? Standing your ground and not giving up is what creates winners in this day and age of globalization.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The thing that blows my mind is that really, North Korea "won". How crazy is that? Standing your ground and not giving up is what creates winners in this day and age of globalization.
    I wouldn't say they won, they were first to strike with the plan to unite Korea. Once they made it all the way down to Busan the UN force invaded pushed them up to China, Chinese got involved and pushed back to the original NK, SK boarder, so essentially nothing changed and North Korea failed at its plan.

There is no doubt that North Korea should apologize to South Korea in my opinion. But the US does have a lot of explaining to do for the maybe half million North Korean civilian deaths (depends on who you ask), and the two million Vietnamese civilian deaths inflicted so many decades ago.

Its not overly pressing that the US express regret over Vietnam, mostly because they don't have a nuke ready to blow up a US city. Its also not all that pressing to acknowledge the hundred thousand or so civilian deaths in the middle east because again - no fear of retaliatory nukes.

In many ways the north wanted unification under its banner, amazingly similar to the US north south fighting for and against slavery revolution (except that the south did not decisively win) But I didn't see a third party jumping in to interfere in that conflict. Is Kim Jong a "grey shirt" who fights to retain slavery? You could definitely argue that, but remember - half of the US fought to keep slavery way back when as well. Any US citizen that owns a sweatshop factory offshore in year 2017 - is probably grey shirt sympathetic too.

I respect Trump for draft dodging though. Whether it was for selfish reasons or not, he did not kill any innocent Vietnamese civilians - unlike many others in high office of the US. In a Bizzarro world, Trump could technically ship off half of his staff to North Korea/Vietnam for warcrimes - Arguably it wouldn't be impossible to achieve peace (or at least delay Kim Jong nuking the greater USA until the next president is around) in this way.... Dun Dun Duhhhh.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Mind fart:

Is the greatest fear of high ranking US government officials that North Koreans, Vietnamese and Middle easterners immigrate to the USA? I mean, if you technically killed military and civilians (directly or not) and achieved your high ranking US position by killing civilians would it hit too close to home that you were are mindless barbarian?

Would it hit too close to home to be constantly reminded that there are people an places around the world who would not hesitate to arrest, torture and kill a US government official if they should happen to set foot on their soil?

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/john-...ry?id=32574863

Is it only possible to have US "freedom" by killing others (like British, Like Mexicans, Like Koreans, Like Vietnamese, like every "freedom war" throughout US history)? Trump gives me hope, he is one of the few who attained his power in the US without having to kill anyone. As far at the bible thumpers are concerned half the power players in the US are going to hell, which probably will be fitting enough punishment.

A border wall is incredibly civilized in that respect.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-10-2017 at 06:44 AM.