Quantcast
Air Conditioning! - Page 30 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Air Conditioning!

Can someone pm me Gavin's info please?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    VAG products

Hey guys.. just looking for a bit of feed back from Gavin's quote as I am not too savvy in the world of AC. These are the options I have below. This is going in a 1700sqft (not incl. basement) duplex built in '05.

option 1: 16 seer Tempstar TSA6 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty and 5 year hassle free warranty. $4,350
    option 2: 16 seer Ducane 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $4,100
    option 3: 16 seer AirEase 2.5 on a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $4,225
    option 4: 13 seer Ducane 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $3,900

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations on these? Price includes full install and I believe the home is mechanically is ready for AC (i.e. evaporator coil is installed in the fan coil unit).

My Ride
    Trucks

Quote Originally Posted by pf0sh0 View Post
    Hey guys.. just looking for a bit of feed back from Gavin's quote as I am not too savvy in the world of AC. These are the options I have below. This is going in a 1700sqft (not incl. basement) duplex built in '05.

option 1: 16 seer Tempstar TSA6 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty and 5 year hassle free warranty. $4,350
    option 2: 16 seer Ducane 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $4,100
    option 3: 16 seer AirEase 2.5 on a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $4,225
    option 4: 13 seer Ducane 2.5 ton a/c unit with 10 year parts and labour warranty. $3,900

Anybody have any thoughts or recommendations on these? Price includes full install and I believe the home is mechanically is ready for AC (i.e. evaporator coil is installed in the fan coil unit).
    I’d sit down and Google what the sound ratings for these outdoor units are. Other than that, I have no opinion on them.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

We don't use ACs enough in this part of the world to justify the savings between a 13 to a 16 SEER. If anything I would go with the 13 SEER. If you want, try to find a quieter unit if it's near your outdoor living space.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    We don't use ACs enough in this part of the world to justify the savings between a 13 to a 16 SEER. If anything I would go with the 13 SEER. If you want, try to find a quieter unit if it's near your outdoor living space.
    True story. I looked up the seer savings calculator going from 13 to 16 seer and over a 15 year time, savings was only $1241 based on 5.79 electricity rate.

Brand wise, its all the same. As above, get the one thats the quietest.

My install is set for May 17. My installer uses Ruud. I"m getting a RA13 13 Seer Ruud unit for $4000k installed. Going to 16 seer about $800-1200 more.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    True story. I looked up the seer savings calculator going from 13 to 16 seer and over a 15 year time, savings was only $1241 based on 5.79 electricity rate.

Brand wise, its all the same. As above, get the one thats the quietest.

My install is set for May 17. My installer uses Ruud. I"m getting a RA13 13 Seer Ruud unit for $4000k installed. Going to 16 seer about $800-1200 more.
    You should use 11 cents per kWh. 5.06 cents per kWh fee (distribution + transmission) plus your base electricity cost (5.6 or whatever you locked in at)

Also be mindful demand will continue to rise so the price of electricity is only going to go up over time.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    Good point. I think we installed a 13 at our current place, and tbh it isn't like I really look at the difference in bill.

Since the price of those options are quite relative, I will just opt for the quieter one.

Those are good prices. Less than what I paid way back in 2010 for my 1450 sq ft house.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Got the same options from Gavin. We are going with the 16 seer because the unit will be installed directly behind the patio, and chose AirEase for no particular reason beside it's in the middle and read this somewhere on the internet:

"AirEase is on par with lennox elite and signature series - just cosmetic differences, stainless instead of aluminized furnace primary heat exchanger and slightly different control board.

Ducane, concord, air-flo etc are on par with the lennox merit series."

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    Got the same options from Gavin. We are going with the 16 seer because the unit will be installed directly behind the patio, and chose AirEase for no particular reason beside it's in the middle and read this somewhere on the internet:

"AirEase is on par with lennox elite and signature series - just cosmetic differences, stainless instead of aluminized furnace primary heat exchanger and slightly different control board.

Ducane, concord, air-flo etc are on par with the lennox merit series."
    yeah makes sense, I think we are going to go with the tempstar. Looks like it is the quietest and Gavin agreed as well. Ours will also be installed right off the back patio.

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Those are good prices. Less than what I paid way back in 2010 for my 1450 sq ft house.
    Could be because the mechanical is already set up for AC, the fan coil unit has an evaporator coil, so I think all I need is the condenser outside + piping.

Ok, I’m folding, can someone give me Gavin’s contact please. I though about installing it last year, but thought with new windows and blinds installed on the skylight I could do without. The recent warmer days have me worried.

Quote Originally Posted by holden View Post
    Ok, I’m folding, can someone give me Gavin’s contact please. I though about installing it last year, but thought with new windows and blinds installed on the skylight I could do without. The recent warmer days have me worried.
    This was from many years ago, not sure if it has been updated.
    Gavin Rairie 403-888-1592

My Ride

Got mine installed today

Ruud RA13 13 Seer 2.5 Ton - 10 Year Parts/Compressor, 1 Year Labour - Cash Deal $4050 Non Cash would of been - $4750, same warranty applies.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    VAG products

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Got mine installed today

Ruud RA13 13 Seer 2.5 Ton - 10 Year Parts/Compressor, 1 Year Labour - Cash Deal $4050 Non Cash would of been - $4750, same warranty applies.
    Through Gavin?

I know this thread focuses on all the rich folks with detached homes, but just in case anyone wants any ideas for a portable unit:

https://www.midea.com/ca/air-conditi...-mp12svwba3rcm

This thing cools down a 500sqft room very quickly, I'm actually blown away by how good of a product it is. Wifi accessible (only works on 2.4ghz, booo), and it's quiet.

For $750, if someone is looking to just cool down a room, I could not strongly recommend enough.

K, going back to being a poor student.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride
    Ioniq 5

Midea released a U shaped sort-of-split window unit that actually looks pretty neat. Moves the compressor outside to keep it quieter.

https://www.midea.com/us/air-conditi...ner-maw10v1qwt

Quote Originally Posted by pheoxs View Post
    Midea released a U shaped sort-of-split window unit that actually looks pretty neat. Moves the compressor outside to keep it quieter.

https://www.midea.com/us/air-conditi...ner-maw10v1qwt
    They have been quite innovative for sure. The portable unit I listed has a "two in one" air exchange/exhaust hose.

This solves a problem with even dual hose portables that have separate intake and exhaust hoses, the exhaust hose still radiates a ton of heat. They basically put the exhaust hose inside the intake hose so cooler outside air blocks the exhaust hose from heating up the room the unit is in.

For both of these products, I hope whoever came up with the ideas got huge bonuses, they are quite ingenious.
    If I had known you guys would end up being such bitches, I would’ve opened the parenting forum.

My Ride

Through Gavin?
    I reside in YEG. So no, but sorta like a Gavin in YEG.

But my fan circulate function does not work, nor does fan on. Fan auto for heat/cool does work. Any HVAC gurus in here?

My Ride
    has 3rd party insurance

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    thanks for the contact info all, I think I'm gonna go with Gavin, he gave me three options to consider (4350-4600), and WJ was 4200+GST with Trane (2000sqft 2 storey), so hopefully install will be May!
    Got the install done yesterday, slim line unit 3 ton tempstar, 4600. anyone running a/c using ecobee? is the default min runtime/cycle time (5mins) good?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by tha_bandit View Post
    Got the install done yesterday, slim line unit 3 ton tempstar, 4600. anyone running a/c using ecobee? is the default min runtime/cycle time (5mins) good?
    I had mine set to the default in my old house but I don't think it ever only ran for 5 minutes. I will take longer than that to bring the temp down.
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 29 30 31 40 ... LastLast