Quantcast
2017/2018 Ski and Snowboard Thread - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/2018 Ski and Snowboard Thread

I’ve never been a fan of step ins to be honest.

When you say compared to traditional do you mean the original step ins or compared to straps?

I personally like the feeling of a toe strap, gives me more feel and leverage when transitioning. I’d be sceptical of step ins out performing the newer bindings with toe straps but I could be wrong.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Does anyone have some 184cm SFBs or similar kicking around they want to get rid of?

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

J-hop, I mean as opposed to straps. It'll be next year before I get to ride them it looks like because of the sizing but I trust this guy's opinion - he's lived on boards his whole life. But still, they won't be for everyone. Certainly looking to hear more experience this season, I'd love them if they're solid.

For what it's worth, step in has never been good enough before in his mind (or mine) either.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I’d be more worried about getting them to snap in while in deep snow (which I can only assume you are hunting for if you’re hiking)

Between clearing off the boot and bindings of snow completely, then being able to have a solid enough base to balance and push down into them I think it would be faster to just sit on your ass and do up some straps... plus then you’re not locked into the whole Burton system and can actually buy other brands

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

That's a great point to look into, thank you.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    is broken

Anyone looking for a Mountain Collective pass. They are doing a special AT PAR for Canadians. Only $489CAD. Even if you only ski the 6 free days at Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Revi its already paid for itself.

EDIT: LINK!
    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...YtxOe-WARhHeig
    Last edited by jacky4566; 10-31-2017 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone looking for a Mountain Collective pass. They are doing a special AT PAR for Canadians. Only $489CAD. Even if you only ski the 6 free days at Lake Louise, Sunshine, and Revi its already paid for itself.

EDIT: LINK!
    https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...YtxOe-WARhHeig
    That’s not a phishing site? If it’s legit then it’s almost worth it at that price... better than buying both a sunshine and Louise card

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Anyone looking into the redesigned/released Burton step ins? A guy I know rode pre-productions for awhile last year and it seems the only minor glitch in the toe-end clamp has been fully corrected for this year's smaller scale release. He's a far better rider than me and he says the responsiveness of these to traditional setup is unparalleled. Tried some on last Friday and they are pretty rad but, their boots don't fit me (only have up to 11 in his shop and the 11 almost crushes my foot) and there's no option for reorder this season so have to wait till next year and try a 12 or 13.....

The plus side is it saves me $800.00, the down side is I was really looking forward to them for hiking. After almost 30 years of it, I'm starting to get sick of sitting and strapping in. Well, my hips are starting to get sick of it haha
    F you for showing me this! I stopped buying new gear every year awhile ago and had no idea these existed. Im sure these will get hated on because Burton but i want this set up for the exact reasons as you. I started out with the old Switch step ins and loved them because it was super easy to strap in but when i got good i switched out because they were frowned up lol Step in plus Boas are a win win imo.

For anyone looking for some cheap passes to sunshine, check out kijiji. I think stars lottery had some prize packs of a lift ticket and a $25 gift card to the hill so people are listing them, managed to snag 2 for a total of $115.
    Last edited by Rocket1k78; 10-31-2017 at 01:13 PM.

My Ride
    is broken

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    That’s not a phishing site? If it’s legit then it’s almost worth it at that price... better than buying both a sunshine and Louise card
    Nope came from the regular email junk. Here is the email ad.

I'm going straight to the Mountain Collective website and it's still $628.03 CAD. How do I get the special price without using that link?

Sunshine cards are $10 off today on their website.

EDIT: Deal is legit. Just emailed Mountain Collective. Price is $382 USD. If you don't wanna use the Facebook link use the following: https://tmccanada.ltibooking.ca
    Thanks jacky4566!!
    Last edited by sl888; 10-31-2017 at 04:20 PM.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

I ordered too! So happy I held off... usually that never ends up working out well for ski passes

The boys are even thinking about doing a little mountain collective road trip down to squaw, so should be a good year and well worth it

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by sl888 View Post
    I'm going straight to the Mountain Collective website and it's still $628.03 CAD. How do I get the special price without using that link?

Sunshine cards are $10 off today on their website.

EDIT: Deal is legit. Just emailed Mountain Collective. Price is $382 USD. If you don't wanna use the Facebook link use the following: https://tmccanada.ltibooking.ca
    Thanks jacky4566!!
    wont be skiing as much this year, so the sunshine is a better deal since I will most likely be going there primarily and maybe once or twice at Lake Louise
    https://store.skibanff.com/ProductDe...718-SunSuperHS

J-hop, I mean as opposed to straps. It'll be next year before I get to ride them it looks like because of the sizing but I trust this guy's opinion - he's lived on boards his whole life. But still, they won't be for everyone. Certainly looking to hear more experience this season, I'd love them if they're solid.

For what it's worth, step in has never been good enough before in his mind (or mine) either.
    Interesting, I imagine the tech has come a long way. The only knowledge I have of them really is based on 10 years ago, and they were absolute garbage 10 years ago!

Interested to see if they start making a come back.

My Ride
    Lariat

Anyone been out yet? Looks like I'm heading to Louise this weekend
    _____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

Went touring last weekend. Nice to stretch the legs, and a pretty solid base for early November. Massive storm rolling through next week so it's only getting better from here.

Plan for the year was to get to the resort a bit more, as all 20 days last year were touring. Then I looked at lift ticket prices...... Maybe I've been out of the loop for a while but $110 a day

My Ride
    2013 Scion FR-S 10-Series M/T

as i'm having more days off this winter, i picked up a skibig3 season pass during the fall sale.
    it's supposed to snow 11-13cm tonight in banff so i'll be heading to sunshine tomorrow morning.

My Ride
    www.jordanlotoski.com

Anyone looking into the redesigned/released Burton step ins? A guy I know rode pre-productions for awhile last year and it seems the only minor glitch in the toe-end clamp has been fully corrected for this year's smaller scale release. He's a far better rider than me and he says the responsiveness of these to traditional setup is unparalleled. Tried some on last Friday and they are pretty rad but, their boots don't fit me (only have up to 11 in his shop and the 11 almost crushes my foot) and there's no option for reorder this season so have to wait till next year and try a 12 or 13.....

The plus side is it saves me $800.00, the down side is I was really looking forward to them for hiking. After almost 30 years of it, I'm starting to get sick of sitting and strapping in. Well, my hips are starting to get sick of it haha
    I picked up a couple sets for my son and I the day they came out...I am trying them out Monday, Will let you know my thoughts

"BEYONDS OFFICIAL REALTOR"
    Instagram @jordan_empirewest
    Ranked #1 RE/MAX Professionals (2013-2022)
    Ranked #2 RE/MAX Agent Calgary (2017-2020)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max agent Western Canada (2013-2021)
    Ranked #56 RE/MAX Agent Worldwide (2014)
    Ranked Top 100 Re/Max Agent Canada (2013-2020)

Check out my mobile app
    goagent.ca/98F1B2F9

My Ride
    is broken

Well today was fairly good at sunshine. Standish just opened for some fresh lines. Seemed especially cold too. Unfortunately I had a big crash in backdoor and hurt my tailbone. Board didn't fair so well either...

Name:  20171118_184058.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  67.3 KB

Name:  20171118_184138.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  19.2 KB

My Ride
    G6

Heads up, Sunshine card is on for $80 today due to Cyber Monday. Gets you a free day at Winsport for those with kids too.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Power outage at Louise today... got stuck on the gondola for a while, then they shit down the whole hill for the day... and now I’m in revy without anything... not even pants!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast