Quantcast
West Bragg bike trail barbed wire "incident"? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: West Bragg bike trail barbed wire "incident"?

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Default West Bragg bike trail barbed wire "incident"?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...ozen-1.4201921

Guy claimed that he was caught on his neck by a barbed wire strung between two trees while riding his bike in West Bragg. His friend helped him to the parking lot. He went back after for his bike and it was gone. He talked to the media about the incident and started a gofundme page for his stolen bike and setting up camera on trail to prevent future incident. Of course the bike community got a bit shaken up by the news and a lot of people around the area at the time started providing information because you know, strava. Supposedly this was when people started to question the story. The gofundme page has since been shutdown.

Nothing has been confirmed yet but strava saved the day?

My Ride
    Exploded.

He's being investigated. He has a sketchy history.

We saw it go from $8k goal; $1k goal; $1 goal. Apparently he has a turbo Audi.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by lilmira View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    His friend helped him to the parking lot. He went back after for his bike and it was gone.
    He claimed that after he was knocked down, he and his friend went to take the barb wire down, then drove to the hospital leaving the bike behind on the trail, only to come back the next day to find it missing.

I thought it was a bit odd that someone would just abandon their bike like that when they could have just rode it to the car at the very least.

My Ride
    is broken

Yea there was a big reddit discussion on this here

Guy is scammer flake type.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

this is the dudes fourth or fifth gofundme. That's the red flag here. He's had a lot of unverifed misfortune.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

When I first seen his GoFundMe, I was like, guy nearly almost died and the first though on his mind is getting money to buy another $8K bike? What a loser. Then he altered his ad to say get another bike, also put up camera's on the trail for safety of other riders.

Then I went onto his page and seen he has another GoFundMe for his dog. Wants $400 to get his dog out of the Calgary pound because he said the wind blew his door open and his dog walked out. Like wow, guys always seeking handouts.

On the Alberta Import/Euro/Auto FB group, hes roasted daily, bragging about his 800HP Audi TT and when someone tried setting up a race with him, a Supra owner, he flaked out or excuses why he couldn't race.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-se...ationFlag=true

^^ Kijiji ad warning people about him lol

Also reports, hes done this scamming kind of thing back in Quebec and people busted him and thats why he moved out here....
    Last edited by dj_rice; 07-13-2017 at 11:32 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

I heard a story of a guy who got decapitated riding a snowmobile when going under one of those single wire fences. Supposedly the snow was fluffy and really high, so he couldn't actually see the fence or wire. As the snow compacted as he rode over it, the wire hit the front, then rolled over the windshield.

Terrible way to go.

The force needed to crush a windpipe is surprisingly little, full decapitation is not all that difficult either. The legitimacy of this is a little suspect if just for the idea that he is still alive to ask for money.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 07-13-2017 at 11:47 AM.
    0.5 gram microsd delivered by 12,000 pound combustion vehicle and driver.

From his story and knowing how fast you go downhill MTB, I expected his wounds to be worse

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Not to mention, it makes sense for the wire to catch much higher - it slides up under the jawline before digging in. My cousin has the scars to prove it (dirt bike - fence incident).

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

I was skeptical when I read they only left one bike behind - nobody would do that. Later I read about the go fund me and that sealed the deal for me. What a POS.

My Ride

The best was that the pictures of the bike that was "stolen" were taken from a recent pinkbike ad (bike selling for ~$1500 IIRC). Who knew that MTB enthusiasts would be frequenting the bigges MTB forum around? This dude is such a tool. I usually don't wish ill on anybody, but I hope he is exposed and charged. You reap what you sow.

It warms my heart that grifters are using the internet to grift.

He would've been better off saying he crashed on his longboard

My Ride
    Blue boy

Reminds me of scat

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Pulling the victim card

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/everybody-...ized-1.3503789

“Everybody’s turned on me” Mountain biker’s barbed wire encounter scrutinized

Published Friday, July 14, 2017 5:11PM MDT
    Last Updated Friday, July 14, 2017 6:38PM MDT

A 37-year-old Calgary man says he has stopped answering his phone and has closed his GoFundMe fundraising campaign after people began to question the legitimacy of the injuries he sustained on a trail in West Bragg Creek.

“I closed (the campaign) down because I couldn’t take all this badgering, people slamming my name and stuff,” Stelianos 'Stelios' Psaroudakis told CTV Calgary on Friday.

The mountain biker was riding with an unnamed friend on a trail in West Bragg Creek on the evening of July 5.

“I was going down a hill and, as soon as I looked up, there was something in my peripheral and it was barbed wire,” recounted Psaroudakis. “I had no time to react and I got it into the neck. I flew back, I fell on my back and I hit my back on a rock.”

“We walked back. We got to the car and my friend drove me to the hospital and that was it.”

Psaroudakis says his actions have been unfairly scrutinized. “People are like ‘Why’d you leave the bike there?’. I couldn’t even hardly walk. Why would I take the bike? I’m not thinking about my bike. Who cares? My life is more important than anything.”

An attempt to recover the bike by an undisclosed party was unfruitful.

The mountain biker, a self-described fast healer, was released from the Foothills Medical Centre but he continues to recover from his injuries. “(Cuts) around the neck and, on my back, hematoma and then I have a cut on my liver,” said Psaroudakis. “It’s bad.”

Members of the Cochrane RCMP detachment are investigating the incident.

Psaroudakis created a GoFundMe campaign entitled ‘Almost died on trail by barbed wire’ with a goal of raising $8,000.

“I got hurt and I thought ‘Holy crap. How am I going to pay my rent? How am I going to pay for the food right now for my daughter? How am I going to take care of stuff?’ I can’t so I have to go and do a GoFundMe.”

When Psaroudakis closed the campaign, it had raised more than $850. GoFundMe officials say the campaign garnered complaints and the funds will not be released until an investigation into the matter is conducted.

The mechanic, who is married and has a two-year-old daughter, says he planned to use the $8,000 on rent, groceries and bills and to purchase deer cams, motion sensor camera, for the trail. His fundraising goal, an amount that appeared to reference his evaluation of his bike, has been questioned on social media and online forums.

“I don’t need a new bike,” said Psaroudakis. “I don’t even want a bike no more. I’m going to have bikers spit on me because they think I’m lying.”

“Everybody’s turned on me. It’s terrible.”

Psaroudakis posted news of his ordeal on social media but he wasn’t certain of the name of the trail he had been riding on. He says he was informed that the trail was Merlin Trail, a path where barbed wire had been spotted, and he assumed the information was correct and began to circulate it.

“I made a mistake. It’s not Merlin Trail,” said Psaroudakis. “It’s right off the highway but there was no parking where I went. There was no picnic tables.”

“Now they’re calling me a liar because I gave them the right information and they gave me the wrong information.”

The 37-year-old says he has stopped answering his phone after receiving a number of calls questioning his crash.

“I’m tired,” said Psaroudakis. “I talk to one news people, I talk to police and then I get mashed everywhere because there’s four or five people that don’t like me in Calgary for no reason - because I have a fast car and I’m not afraid to say it.”

He says the criticisms have snowballed. ““Let’s jump on the bandwagon and make fun of Stelianos.”

The ‘Almost died on trail by barbed wire’ was not Psaroudakis’ first attempt at raising funds through GoFundMe.

The Calgarian created a campaign earlier this year to help get his pet dog back.

“This year has been terrible for me. There’s not much work so I didn’t have any money to pull her out of the SPCA right away so I made a GoFundMe to get my dog back. People were telling me it could cost you up to $1,000, I didn’t know that it doesn’t cost that much.”

In 2016, Psaroudakis attempted to collect money to help rebuild Fort McMurray after the wildfires.

“I’m the only one that put money in the Fort Mac fundraiser. I was trying to raise money for Fort Mac. I was going to go down there and help out too if I can. But to do that, I needed money for gas and to buy food and to give money to people that lost their houses.”

Psaroudakis says he was the only one to contribute to his Fort McMurray campaign.

The injured man says he is scheduled to return to the site of the crash with members of the RCMP on Friday evening.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Got injured by a barbed wire that's nowhere to be found while riding a bike that's missing as well on an unknown trail with an unknown guy. Come on man, are you also a Nigerian prince?

because I have a fast car and I’m not afraid to say it

My Ride
    is broken

"cut on my liver" How could he possible know that?? If he was cut depth enough to cut into the liver he would still be in hospital. Probably wouldn't have walked out loosing that much blood either.

Also, since when does GoFundYouself care about legitimacy? I thought their whole deal was "Kickstarter without rules"?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast