Quantcast
Cowboys Accused of Racial Profiling - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Cowboys Accused of Racial Profiling

My Ride
    GMC Sierra, LX570

Plain and simple, there was someone sketchy in the group. Each SkySuite has a host who would trump the bouncer. And I'm pretty sure the person who is in charge of all sales and marketing is asian at pennylane

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Wait for more info before making accusations, so far we know nothing of value
    I can agree with this but how many people posted their likely scenario while discounting any discrimination. Of all the scenarios out there the one that made no sense to them is the possibility of discrimination.

The blatantly obvious white posters who've never been discriminated against sure get defensive quickly with all sorts of detective work, trying to prove no one was discriminated against. Its quite comical.

None of us were there.. none of us know. But is it that far out of the realm of possibilities that they were discriminated against?? How can someone say no to this? Makes no sense.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

It says in the Cowboys statement already that they had some "known" people in their group.
    Last edited by Sonic; 07-21-2017 at 02:17 AM.

My Ride
    ute

assuming a bunch of white people were racist is the same as assuming a bunch of asian people are gangsters

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Quote Originally Posted by interlude View Post
    What rock do you live under?

Where did it say they were Asian gangsters? People in their 30s to 50s still go out and party. Just because you stopped clubbing, doesn't mean others stop at the same age.

Here I thought I was a hermit because I never go out.
    It says from the Cowboys statement...maybe they weren't Asian gangsters, but still unsavoury people. I apologize for trashing all people in their 30s and 50s who go out clubbing, I didn't mean that, but I don't have a lot of respect for someone in their 30's still hanging out with gangbangers.

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    It says from the Cowboys statement...maybe they weren't Asian gangsters, but still unsavoury people. I apologize for trashing all people in their 30s and 50s who go out clubbing, I didn't mean that, but I don't have a lot of respect for someone in their 30's still hanging out with gangbangers.
    EDIT: Forgot it's stampede. Carry on.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    assuming a bunch of white people were racist is the same as assuming a bunch of asian people are gangsters
    But we know all asian people are raciest, so does that mean all white people are gangster? Well, maybe in the NE

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 11:44 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    Yeah, but as a counterpoint, assuming a bunch of meat head bouncers are racist isn't that big of a stretch
    Assuming the head bouncers are meat heads is also a non-factually based assumption.

We can go on and on about this until we run out of breath. At the end of the day we weren't there, and don't have the full story.

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Well that CTV article does indicate that the staff engaged in dialogue, but never gave an answer to why they prohibited the individuals from entering the bar, with staff trying to get them in and the bouncing staff continuing to refuse. However, if there was a problematic individual in the group, couldn't they just refuse entry to that person, or would they fear that they were outing someone? However, I'm willing to believe that there is a chance it was discrimination, it was a Fetty Wap, and Big Sean concert, probably expected to be loaded with patrons of minority backgrounds that night, and were on 'high-alert' for gang members; which is incorrect, just stating the mentality they may have been carrying that night.

Also, OP pointed out John Richard, is he known to people in the general community? I went to Forest Lawn with him in the early/mid 2000s and he is certainly a white supremacist, a full blown neo-nazi to be exact. I remember him saying shit like "eventually the day will come where you'll see signs that say 'minorities go this way' and it'll point to a boat'", I'd chalk it up to a racist white person saying racist things to me thinking because of mutual skin colour I was an ally, but the weird thing was that he would hangout with an Indian kid well he said this type of stuff. Honestly, I don't know why it sticks in my head, but I guess it is because it was my first encounter in life with a full blown neo-nazi. Years later I saw him again and he had a swastika tattooed on his face--seems he has removed it now, or its just photoshoped out. Not surprised one bit he is a supporter of Donald Trump though. Dude has some serious problems, but rest assured, he was a loser in the past, he was a loser when I saw him again, and I'm positive he is a loser now.
    Last edited by Maybelater; 08-01-2017 at 08:21 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3