Quantcast
Cowboys Accused of Racial Profiling - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cowboys Accused of Racial Profiling

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    based upon who he's friends with, not sure exactly who showed up. most likely gang suppression was there and told them to deny entry. so i'm leaning less racial and more who these guys were
    Yea something is missing from this story I don't buy the racial profiling. Someone on the beyond baller list must know these guys

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

I'm white and I've been turned away at clubs cause someone in our group caused problems at the place before. There was no discussion or convincing the bouncer otherwise. You fucked up so you're not coming in and that is that. Mind you this was 5-6 years ago but it definitely happens regardless of race.

Not saying they don't profile, but in all my clubbing days (and they were quite extensive) I've never seen it happen in front of me so I have a hard to time believing it's as systematic as claimed.

I could this being a way bigger issue 10 - 20 years ago though.

Quote Originally Posted by EK 2.0 View Post
    Well....no surprise there...

My Ride
    ute

If you're running around in a group of 20 all [asian/white/brown/black] dudes, you aren't exactly looking like a paragon of racial diversity yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    But, they had 2-3 bouncers following us the entire night.
    I find it very hard to believe that they had the man power to designate 2-3 bouncers to watch your group all night long in that tent packed with thousands of people. Paranoia?

Being a brown guy, I see this all the time. Bouncers usually use shoes, jeans, jewelry, and not having two pieces of ID or being under 25 to keep people out. Even the crappy Corona tent at Stampede pulled the two IDs thing even though the non-brown people in front of me got in with one. Once a bouncer at National pretty much told us that they didn't want younger brown guys there as they cause the most problems (honestly, that's pretty much true).

People seem to be forgetting this isn't bouncers at the door of a club they randomnly walked up to turning them away.

They booked a suite, cowboys stood to make over $5600 on the booking alone, plus at least $2000 more for alcohol and food (I'm sure $100 a head is MAJORLY underestimating).

Chances are they wouldn't be able to fill the suite at the same price last minute so they're losing profits for sure.

There really are only 2 logical conclusions IMO

(1) they got some VIP that trumped this group (I don't know maybe one of the performers decided they wanted the place)
    (2) more likely there were actual legitimate concerns

Risking lost profit and social media backlash by racially profiling is not a logical conclusion in my eyes...

your missing another logical third option. Hot head bouncer decides not to let the group in and everyone else backs the decision without knowing why. Need to have your bouncers back no matter what right???

With how much crap they deal with this is the most likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    your missing another logical third option. Hot head bouncer decides not to let the group in and everyone else backs the decision without knowing why. Need to have your bouncers back no matter what right???

With how much crap they deal with this is the most likely scenario.
    you know how fast the owner would have that bouncer's Ass out the door with a $7600 potential profit lost on a VIP suite and potential loss of reputation?

Again this isn't Friday night with a general admission lineup down the block and bouncers being allowed to filter at their own discretion because the club is going to be at capacity all night...
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-20-2017 at 06:37 PM.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

I'm about the same age as these guys, mid to late 30s, and I can pretty much guess at what "type" they are and were back in the late 2000s, no sympathy from me... Late 30s and still going to a rap show at this type of a nightclub...pfft, grow up. I'm with Cowboys in this one, not surprised they had a couple of "known" people in their group, some people just never grow up.

I'm also going up guess that at least half these guys have those full sleeve Asian tattoos that were so popular 5-10 years ago.. Fuck am I glad I never was stupid enough for that.

Any time I went to "less diverse" clubs, I had a blast and everyone was friendly... When we went up places like Mynt, Whiskey or any other club fill of Asians, there was always shit going down with these types and if there wasn't, it always felt like it was about to.

And btw, I'm specifically referring to the Asian gangster types, and they are pretty easy to tell apart.
    Last edited by Sonic; 07-20-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Yea something is missing from this story I don't buy the racial profiling. Someone on the beyond baller list must know these guys
    Aah, so there is a list. Do tell who's on it, eh?
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    I'm about the same age as these guys, mid to late 30s, and I can pretty much guess at what "type" they are and were back in the late 2000s, no sympathy from me... Late 30s and still going to a rap show at this type of a nightclub...pfft, grow up. I'm with Cowboys in this one, not surprised they had a couple of "known" people in their group, some people just never grow up.

I'm also going up guess that at least half these guys have those full sleeve Asian tattoos that were so popular 5-10 years ago.. Fuck am I glad I never was stupid enough for that.

Any time I went to "less diverse" clubs, I had a blast and everyone was friendly... When we went up places like Mynt, Whiskey or any other club fill of Asians, there was always shit going down with these types and if there wasn't, it always felt like it was about to.

And btw, I'm specifically referring to the Asian gangster types, and they are pretty easy to tell apart.
    So you are basically stereo typing that ALL asians with sleeve tattoos are automatically asian gangsters? LOL

Give your head a shake. So the ASIAN police officer that I have seen with a sleeve tattoo is automatically an "Asian Gangster" when hes walking around the Stampede off-duty. Riggggght

Go to the Inglewood Starbucks in the morning, there are easily 2-4 police officers with full sleeve tattoos
    Last edited by interlude; 07-20-2017 at 07:51 PM.

My Ride
    Lariat 2.7 & StreetTriple R

Could it be that these guys were too drunk to go in? There's so many variables. I highly doubt Cowboys would have thrown that kind of money away for no reason.

Lets wait until there's more info before making up our minds.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Aah, so there is a list. Do tell who's on it, eh?
    Dude you think I get to see the list? I'm probably not even supposed to know there is a list

Interesting "brad leng" is not using his real name. Or he uses a fake name on social media. Not going to post it here but that is odd

Edit: nm after some searching I realize why he might want some privacy. Nothing criminal obviously just probably worried about douchey conservatives
    Last edited by J-hop; 07-20-2017 at 08:36 PM.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

Quote Originally Posted by interlude View Post
    So you are basically stereo typing that ALL asians with sleeve tattoos are automatically asian gangsters? LOL

Give your head a shake. So the ASIAN police officer that I have seen with a sleeve tattoo is automatically an "Asian Gangster" when hes walking around the Stampede off-duty. Riggggght

Go to the Inglewood Starbucks in the morning, there are easily 2-4 police officers with full sleeve tattoos
    No, but in this case there were actual Asian gangsters in his company.

And those cops you mentioned, pretty sure they don't go to nightclubs in their late 30s in the company of shady people. They've actually grown the fuck up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic View Post
    No, but in this case there were actual Asian gangsters in his company.

And those cops you mentioned, pretty sure they don't go to nightclubs in their late 30s in the company of shady people. They've actually grown the fuck up.
    What rock do you live under?

Where did it say they were Asian gangsters? People in their 30s to 50s still go out and party. Just because you stopped clubbing, doesn't mean others stop at the same age.

Here I thought I was a hermit because I never go out.

I want to know what sort of fantasy land some of the posters here who are denying racism or discrimination live in. We are all guilty of discrimination. Young or old, white or brown, at work or with friends.

It must be great to be white.. it must be great to know without even being there that the story is bs and that it wasnt discrimination.

But hey what do i know. I wasnt there... Is racism and discrimination that unlikely in the world we live in? Heck no...

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post
    I want to know what sort of fantasy land some of the posters here who are denying racism or discrimination live in. We are all guilty of discrimination. Young or old, white or brown, at work or with friends.

It must be great to be white.. it must be great to know without even being there that the story is bs and that it wasnt discrimination.

But hey what do i know. I wasnt there... Is racism and discrimination that unlikely in the world we live in? Heck no...
    The problem with the racism case is it's fabricated purely off accusations. Isn't this exactly what we trash SJWs for doing?

Several of the main people on the cowboys team are Asian. Not saying that Asians can't be racist against other Asians but people are painting a picture of a bunch of Aryan nation extremists" trying to keep their club pure. "

Wait for more info before making accusations, so far we know nothing of value

Quote Originally Posted by interlude View Post
    What rock do you live under?

Where did it say they were Asian gangsters? People in their 30s to 50s still go out and party. Just because you stopped clubbing, doesn't mean others stop at the same age.

Here I thought I was a hermit because I never go out.
    Much like J-Hop I'm not really going to get into it with naming people and stuff. While I may have never met Yee personally, I have met some of the people he hangs out with and this was not just a case of "oh no asians with sleeves". Cowboys hires 3rd party security for the week as well. Not to mention lots of cops/gang surpression sit near the entrance. Noted people in the party was very very likely the reason they did let them in. Cause if they are, then gang suppression now has a valid excuse to hit up th VIP area, go through every single persons ID, which will piss of all the other people around, bad for business. And of course clubs are trying to avoid any uglier situations they can these days. I'm quite surprised those two went to local news to complain, but w/e....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast