Quantcast
US bans travel to north korea. - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: US bans travel to north korea.

My Ride
    a tank

Default US bans travel to north korea.

Dennis Rodman will be disappointed to learn that the US is set to ban all citizens from traveling to North Korea, according to two agencies that operate tours there. Koryo Tours and Young Pioneer Tours said the ban would be announced on 27 July to come into effect 30 days later, the BBC reported. "After the 30-day grace period any US national that travels to North Korea will have their passport invalidated by their government." The ban comes one month after US student Otto Warmbier died following his imprisonment by the Kim regime.

China-based Young Pioneer Tours, which had taken Warmbier to North Korea, and Koryo Tours said the ban will come into force on July 27 - the anniversary of the end of the Korean War - with a 30-day grace period. Koryo Tours added that the Swedish embassy in Pyongyang, which handles consular affairs for the United States in the North, informed it of the ban, but did not say how long it would last. The U.S. embassy in the South Korean capital, Seoul, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Rowan Beard said that the 30-day grace period would "give leeway for any [Americans] currently in the country as tourists or on humanitarian work". Simon Cockerill, of Koryo Tours, said: "It remains to be seen what the exact text is, but the indication is it's just a straight up ban on Americans going." Mr Cockerill told the BBC the agency would still conduct tours and take Americans until the ban came into effect.

Additionally, Rowan Beard of Young Pioneer Tours, told the BBC the embassy was urging all US nationals to depart immediately. He said the embassy was trying to check on the number of US tourists left in the country.

For now there has been no official confirmation from the US: the state department continues to have an alert dated 9 May strongly warning US citizens not to travel to North Korea.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-0...rists-visiting

i cant help but think, is an invasion coming...
    _________
    2019 IS350 AWD
    20xx NX350 AWD

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by SilverRex View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i cant help but think, is an invasion coming...
    When the US tells South Korea expats to GTFO, that's when you know an invasion is coming. Realistically, NK will know too, and just blast the shit out of SK as soon as US tells it's people to leave.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ferd Fteen Thousand

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    When the US tells South Korea expats to GTFO, that's when you know an invasion is coming. Realistically, NK will know too, and just blast the shit out of SK as soon as US tells it's people to leave.
    That is exactly my view too, and I've said exactly that to friends and family who were worried; and its not just me other foreigners families have expressed the same concern--that a war was imminent.

But, it is all media hype, nothing is going to happen, this is nothing new in North and South Korean relations, just off the top of my head I can think of a number of provocations: in the 1970s NK sent a team of commandos to assassinate the president, they failed and were killed, in the 70s and 80s they would kidnap people from Japan and force them to teach their spies Japanese phonology, they also kidnapped a director and forced him to help make a movie, in the 90s a NK spy ship grounded itself in SK and had and the sailors who exited the ship went on a rampage well making their way back North, all but one was killed (it is assumed he crossed back to the DPRK). This is along with a number of outbreaks of violence at the DMZ, and numerous other cases. Only reason anyone in the West cares now is because they can be attacked too, but the DPRK is not stupid enough to drop a nuclear bomb on a Western country, KJU is more concerned with maintaining his power, and luxury lifestyle to do that which owning a few ICBMs ensure won't be taken away by a foreign government.
    Last edited by Maybelater; 08-01-2017 at 08:41 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by Maybelater View Post
    That is exactly my view too, and I've said exactly that to friends and family who were worried; and its not just me other foreigners families have expressed the same concern--that a war was imminent.

But, it is all media hype, nothing is going to happen, this is nothing new in North and South Korean relations, just off the top of my head I can think of a number of provocations: in the 1970s NK sent a team of commandos to assassinate the president, they failed and were killed, in the 70s and 80s they would kidnap people from Japan and force them to teach their spies Japanese phonology, they also kidnapped a director and forced him to help make a movie, in the 90s a NK spy ship grounded itself in SK and had and the sailors who exited the ship went on a rampage well making their way back North, all but one was killed (it is assumed he crossed back to the DPRK). This is along with a number of outbreaks of violence at the DMZ, and numerous other cases. Only reason anyone in the West cares now is because they can be attacked too, but the DPRK is not stupid enough to drop a nuclear bomb on a Western country, KJU is more concerned with maintaining his power, and luxury lifestyle to do that which owning a few ICBMs ensure won't be taken away by a foreign government.
    Except the difference is, Trump needs a war here haha. Wag the dog!
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

US has a lot to lose. North Korea has everything to gain.

When the US finished bombing, trying to invade with 260,000 US troops and then landmining North Korea when they realized that they failed - the casualty toll was quite large, about 0.9 to 1.6 million civilian deaths out of a country of around 9 million people total.

Nukes are much more eye for eye types of weapons. If North Korea loses 1/10 th of its population this time around - a rough estimate might be around 35 million US civilian deaths on US soil. Arguable, North Korea would be "acclimatized" to losing a million civilians, but the US would probably go into shock at the loss of the first ten thousand US citizens, nevermind the inevitable millions of US citizens.

Trump might do the crazy... But this time around North Korea isn't going to bother fighting on their own land. If Trump has any sense whatsoever, he will concentrate on making the US a functioning economy again, and leave North Korea to the next president (hopefully a more skilled diplomat) four years down the road. War is only good for presidents ratings when the bombs drop *outside* of the US.

Looked at from this perspective: Does it really matter who started a conflict, or who is in the moral right or wrong when 1/10th of your population is bombed into oblivion? Kim Jong may fully be preparing to blow up 35 million US citizens at great finanacial, social and moral cost - just to even things up.

"Some people just want to see the world burn" - True of both the US in the Vietnam and Korea conflicts, and now maybe on the recieveing end of it.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-01-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

North Korea is assumed to be around the level of the USA in 1960's in terms of lethality.

That makes North Korea a crazy threat capable of starting and ending global wars of hundreds of millions of people.

What is also true is that one you achieve that level of lethality, its really not all that much more lethal to be the US in year 2017 level of lethality. It would be like saying that 1 milligram of snake venom that you got bit with is 100% lethal, but the US owns snake venom that is 1,000x more lethal. It doesn't make any difference because in either case, its lethal.

Its no more or less lethal to have a 1800's pistol aimed at your chest than a cannonball aimed at your chest. In either case, its lethal if the shot goes off. Right now, the US has a 1960's nuke aimed squarely between LA and New York. If it goes off - its gonna be lethal to the country.

If that makes any sense at all.
    Last edited by ZenOps; 08-01-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Cocoa $10,000 per ton.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Hmm since when does Zenops make sense... what is this world coming to now? ��