Quantcast
Ozark - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozark

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't know where they dug up the two actors that played the Snells, but they were one of the highlights of the show.
    The wife is creepy lol

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Quote Originally Posted by J.M. View Post
    The wife is creepy lol
    Yup, hate her.

I think i finished it last night (10 episodes?) I enjoyed it!

Great show, finished the whole season already. Can't wait for the next one

Not sure how anyone is thinking its like Breaking Bad, only similarity is it involves a family and that's it.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Hooked into the show.

A couple of episodes in, and highly entertaining. Jason Bateman's acting reminds me of the Bleuth's so I giggle whenever you shouldn't. His delivery on this show is what I would imagine a darker version of Arrested Development would be haha.

My Ride
    ute

I kinda wish shows like this would just do one season. things always go sideways when they try to take a good story arc, and then streeeeetch it. Houes of Cards, Bloodlines, etc.

My Ride
    Exploded.

I kinda wish shows like this would just do one season. things always go sideways when they try to take a good story arc, and then streeeeetch it. Houes of Cards, Bloodlines, etc.
    I think they call those 'movies'.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    I think they call those 'movies'.
    I think they would probably call them a "mini series".

The Night Manager, Band of Brothers, John Adams, Generation Kill, The Night Of.

It ends up being stronger story-telling when the writers can actually complete a story.

I enjoyed the first season but it bothered me that those two senior citizens on the top of the hill had more power than anyone else. All anyone would have to do is tip the police off about their giant Heroin operation either on the water or in the barn where they make it. Or a quick tip to the cartel and they'd have the house surrounded by 20 gang members to take car of the issue.

As soon as the cartel had a meeting at the Snell's house, it was obvious they were going to get killed. As soon as he made the Redneck joke you knew he was a goner haha - that lady is insane.

I'll definitely be in for Season 2 - I just hope they clean some things up with the story line surrounding how the Snells can literally just do whatever they want and nobody even sniffs around.

My Ride
    ute

They were pretty clear that they had somehting on the Sherif, which helps.

They were pretty clear that they had somehting on the Sherif, which helps.
    I guess yeah, but there would be so many other ways to get rid of them. It's a couple old people on a hill with no manpower or allies - the cartel (or anyone else) could rid of them so easily.

On another note I like Ruth's character a lot as well. I wonder if her dad will ever get out of prison though...

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I guess yeah, but there would be so many other ways to get rid of them. It's a couple old people on a hill with no manpower or allies - the cartel (or anyone else) could rid of them so easily.

On another note I like Ruth's character a lot as well. I wonder if her dad will ever get out of prison though...
    I'm sure the writers have a name for doors they can open and tap if they need to. Ruth's dad is one of those.

Also: I don't really require the story to be believable in the way you suggest. I'm also pretty sure that the mexicans dont weight their money to count it.

I'm sure the writers have a name for doors they can open and tap if they need to. Ruth's dad is one of those.

Also: I don't really require the story to be believable in the way you suggest. I'm also pretty sure that the mexicans dont weight their money to count it.
    For me, I just like there to be some level of realism or consistency, even though it's obviously just a TV show. They have put a lot of effort into making the rest of it pretty believable, harsh, and fairly realistic, so it takes away from the show when they abandon that IMHO. I never expect everything to be perfect or realistic but this seems like a pretty big part of the story that they just do not GAF about. When they do stuff like that in shows I tend to lose interest faster. It's all very subjective, but I prefer when a show picks one or the other instead of just wildly mixing around logic depending on whose on screen.

But yeah - I like how Ruth is slowly growing fond of the Byrds, she went from trying to kill Marty even after he was nice to her, to killing her uncles to save him.

My Ride
    ute

It's a fair criticism...I just don't know how they avoid it. At some point we have to suspend our disbelief. But shows that make without us noticing are the ones that transcend...and I don't think I would put Ozark in that category.

Ruth's story arc is by far the most interesting in the show.

My Ride
    Ford

glad i finished before coming in here to many spoilers.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    ute

renewed for second season.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I enjoyed the first season but it bothered me that those two senior citizens on the top of the hill had more power than anyone else. All anyone would have to do is tip the police off about their giant Heroin operation either on the water or in the barn where they make it. Or a quick tip to the cartel and they'd have the house surrounded by 20 gang members to take car of the issue.

As soon as the cartel had a meeting at the Snell's house, it was obvious they were going to get killed. As soon as he made the Redneck joke you knew he was a goner haha - that lady is insane.

I'll definitely be in for Season 2 - I just hope they clean some things up with the story line surrounding how the Snells can literally just do whatever they want and nobody even sniffs around.
    Damn man, spoilers!!

My Ride
    '14 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    Damn man, spoilers!!
    I thought it was pretty well accepted that if you enter a thread you accept spoilers... reason why I don't read them Until I've seen it

My Ride
    Exploded.

The Snell's are definitely creepers.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

I hope the Ruth story arc doesn't turn into the whole "jealous of Masterchef Jr. girl, so she somehow has a fatal accident so Ruth can squeeze into the family" type thing.

Spoiler:
    Yes, Charlotte was on Masterchef Jr. Season 1 (the girl who cried a bunch, lol)

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Just finished the 1st season.

Its a good story. Its good me hooked. But Jason Bateman is not the right guy for the part. He is too flat. There are key moments in the story where they are trying to make it like breaking bad. But the problem is Bateman does not show his smart thinking thing though his character. If he showed a darkside to his character, it would be better. I would almost liken it to next generation star trek. They come across a problem.. then flatly.. 'if I just change the frequency of the modulator i think i can solve this'. Its flat and boring. Bateman is like that, his delivery at the end part of the problem is shit.

Take the show Breaking bad, you could see how Bryan Craston character change to dark when there were moments of his thinking or ideas coming through. Throughout the show you saw more of that and him change. Bateman is like a limp dick, or when he does show it, its like the type of weak orgasm you get when you have been wanking all day. All the big buildup and then his delivery is like a mouse fart.

I wonder if they had put Bryan Cranston in the lead for this, would have been better and Jessie instead of the Blonde girl. That being said, the blond girl Ruth. I love her character. She is brilliant.

The Snells are creepy as fuck. Especially the woman. Holy shit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast