Quantcast
Tesla VS 2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Tesla VS 2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R

My Ride
    95B

Default Tesla VS 2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R

Pretty interesting to watch. Never realized how easily the Tesla pulls ahead.

One of the best YouTube genres to emerge from the last few years is [X overpowered vehicle] against a Tesla Model S. So much time is spent talking about the Tesla’s self-driving system or the giant touchpad that you kinda forget that the P100D can do 0-60 in 2.28 seconds, faster than any other production car.

So on paper, it’s no surprise that a Tesla would humiliate any sportbike. But still, it’s quite something to see a 1000cc 2010 Kawasaki Ninja ZX10R — a 155 horsepower beast that has an on-paper 2.8-second 0-60 — get left standing still.

The video comes from BreakingMoto, the YouTube channel for a biker who has a penchant for illegal street races on his bike. This isn’t the first time he’s been left red-faced by an Elon Musk product: last year, on a smaller version of the same bike, he lost a couple other races to a different (slower) Tesla.

Illegal street races aren’t a great idea, and they’re also not scientifically representative. It’s a lot harder to get a clean start on a motorbike than on a Tesla, which has launch control and no clutch.

But perhaps that’s the point: on a drag strip with professional operators, the Tesla can hold its own; in the real world, where apparently GoPro-clad bikers like re-enacting Fast and Furious movies, it’s even easier for a Tesla to win.

My Ride
    V8s

I didn't watch the whole video, but the only 2c I have to add is that either that rider is a big boy (result: slow on a bike) or there's something not right with the bike. I had a ZX-10R and if I cruised at 7500rpm in 1st gear and then just cranked it to the throttle stop (like he apparently does in this video), the bike would have flipped over backwards. It wheelied on heavy throttle in 1st and 2nd easily with a light rider on it.

Not calling the Tesla slow, cause that would be stupid of me to say, but I still think something is weird about this.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

I'm not familiar with bikes, but is it normal that first gear goes to 100mph/160km/h? Seems like a lot of time in a crappy power band. Also at the 4:57 mark he launches from a start and gets raped by the Tesla. His 0-60 time is around 4.5s, so yea, not even close haha.

Tesla is the drag strip king, no doubt about it. You just gotta get 'em while they're rolling. I was even with a P85D a couple months ago in the RC-F at speed.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm not familiar with bikes, but is it normal that first gear goes to 100mph/160km/h? Seems like a lot of time in a crappy power band. Also at the 4:57 mark he launches from a start and gets raped by the Tesla. His 0-60 time is around 4.5s, so yea, not even close haha.

Tesla is the drag strip king, no doubt about it. You just gotta get 'em while they're rolling. I was even with a P85D a couple months ago in the RC-F at speed.
    Yeah, 1st gear on that bike does ~160km/h. The gears are really close together after the long first one (obviously). Reason being, the power is useless if it's geared any shorter than that - like I said in my first post, you can't really go WOT in 1st without the front wheel coming up (or all the way over), unless you're a fatty and can actually weigh it down - so why gear it any shorter?

A 4.5s 0-60 on a bike isn't that hard to believe though, to actually get the quoted 2.8 0-60 time you'd have to be a really good rider... and most people aren't. It's very hard to launch a litrebike without roasting the tire/flipping it over/bogging down.

If your RCF was even with a P85D at speed, a litrebike would have left you in the dust. That's why I think there's something fishy about this video.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    If your RCF was even with a P85D at speed, a litrebike would have left you in the dust. That's why I think there's something fishy about this video.
    Well he did lose out at the starts by a huge margin. Takes ridiculous amounts of acceleration to make that up. That's why Teslas destroy everything at the drag strip, it just obliterates everything from 0-60mph before starting to drop off at around 80mph. By then the lead is so big you'll need F1 levels of acceleration to catch up haha.

Tesla ludicrous mode basically accelerates at the tires maximum traction limits off the line. If I remember right it does 0-60 at the same time as 60-0, which is retarded. Not many cars, maybe even none can accomplish that.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    is broken

I wanna see a Tesla vs a funny car. Ala this video
    Warning. loud! Skip to 10:20

I also agree with cjblair that bike was a little slow. The zx10 that was the fastest prod bike back in 2006...dragtimes.com shows it should have a faster 1/4 time.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Love the sound of the dragster in that last video, seen it before, forgot about it

The bike is running fine, the tesla is just that fast. @ 1:50 you can see them do a roll-on. Bike is in 1st gear @ 7500RPM (56mph) and the tesla is still faster all the way up to 130mph.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by born2workoncars View Post
    The bike is running fine, the tesla is just that fast. @ 1:50 you can see them do a roll-on. Bike is in 1st gear @ 7500RPM (56mph) and the tesla is still faster all the way up to 130mph.
    Tesla's with Ludicrous mode run 11s in the 60-130mph test. 1000cc bikes does that in the 5s. Back in the day my HPF M3 ran mid 7s and I could walk 750cc bikes. So ya, there's something wrong with that bike. In the video it was doing 60-120 in over 8s.

edit - P100D Ludicrous has improved to 9.5s for 60-130mph, pretty much in line with the 60-120mph footage in that vid.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

That 10R is ultra slow, I can barely hold on to mine when I go wot, and the front end like mentioned comes straight up.
    The guys a terrible rider well, horrible gear shifting, and just riding tall making himself into a sail...

Get a tuned Zx10r with a full exhaust, and a better rider and it'll be a much better comparison.
    Last edited by RickDaTuner; 07-25-2017 at 01:53 AM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by RickDaTuner View Post
    That 10R is ultra slow, I can barely hold on to mine when I go wot, and the front end like mentioned comes straight up.
    The guys a terrible rider well, horrible gear shifting, and just riding tall making himself into a sail...

Get a tuned Zx10r with a full exhaust, and a better rider and it'll be a much better comparison.
    Who needs to even tune, a stock 1000cc bike should destroy that time. His 60-130mph times are that of a 600cc bike haha. Even if you're a shitty rider, can you slow yourself down that much?

My Ride
    is broken

Just noticed "Comments are disabled for this video."

Nope slow as bike rider making Tesla look good. Granted the tesla is still crazy fast.

How long until we see some 3's on the street? Curious to see how fast a stripped out 3 can go, granted the smaller chassis.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by jacky4566 View Post
    Just noticed "Comments are disabled for this video."

Nope slow as bike rider making Tesla look good. Granted the tesla is still crazy fast.

How long until we see some 3's on the street? Curious to see how fast a stripped out 3 can go, granted the smaller chassis.
    Yea, probably a staged video to get hits. I guess it's working, I watched it 3 or 4 times to time the segments.

I looked up ZX10R's 1/4 mile times, fucking thing runs in the 8's and 9's at 150mph haha. Tesla's are fast, but not that fast.

3's won't be showing up in Calgary until next year at the earliest. 3's doesn't have the big motors so it's not going to be anything near Model S P performance.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Definitely a staged video to make Teslas win. Does the channels' other videos allow comments?