Quantcast
2017 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (Budapest) - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: 2017 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (Budapest)

My Ride
    Exploded.

This is just fuckin' dope
    Doing It For the 'Gram

I ain't worried 'bout it right now..

My Ride
    95B

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well.......... well........... well.... What can I say...?

Look at all you Goomba worshippers... Where is your Goomba god now?

I think all you all should go to the grocery store, buy those fat sausages and eat them as a token of respect for Count Von Messerschmitt. I insist it be done whilst listening to Gangnan Style.

Kinda easy to explain how Alonso was so fast. He needed to use the toilet.. come on peeps how many times have we been in the same situation and need to take a shit when driving? We all been there and defied the laws of physics whilst driving... I know I have.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo Mr. Rage2, Ganesh, Blubs and Mr R154... and the rest of you Goomba loving peeps... enlighten me with your analytical wisdom of the race...while I sit on my high horse and and nibble on a succulent juice freshly made Brockwurst..
    @tonytiger55 How did the lamb chops go ?
    Now back to the race, atleast we can hold our head high because we don't have to deal with 'Multi 21' ....... Lewis gave all what he got and may be it would have been a slightly different race if Merc didn't have the Broken Fibere Cable.
    Congrats......ride the high horse for the next one month because it is going to crash

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Not much to say, just a perfect storm that handicapped Mercedes which was actually much quicker in race pace. Full on communications and data meltdown leading to a sub optimal strategy, coupled with a track that's difficult to pass on turned it into a Vettel train. Don't forget to incorporate that into your next story.

btw - I'm not a Goomba fan haha. At least, not since he left McLaren for Mercedes, but I'll cheer on anyone that's not Ferrari haha.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    @tonytiger55 How did the lamb chops go ?
    Now back to the race, atleast we can hold our head high because we don't have to deal with 'Multi 21' ....... Lewis gave all what he got and may be it would have been a slightly different race if Merc didn't have the Broken Fibere Cable.
    Congrats......ride the high horse for the next one month because it is going to crash
    The broken cable melted cos Lewis was weak and on the recovery from the poisoned Sausage he ate at Silverstone. I guess the dense sulphuric farts he was belching out melted one of the cables.

Im still recovering from yesterday... Slightly burnt after after 5 hours of Rafting and rowing, Then cooking 19 fat lamb chops, a shit ton of of sausages, corn and veggies. Then racing home like Alonso to watch the race on my PVR,...Plus my new gf kept bugging me all night for sex. Im so dead this morning, I had to buy a large coffee and forgo the tea.

My Ride
    Grimace

Pretty anticlimactic race besides max taking out daniel and kevin 'suck my balls' magnussen pushing off hulk after talking about doing it. Nice move by hamilton also to let bottas back and still avoid letting max through. Red bull pace was obviously very good to come back from the 10s penalty. Double points for mclaren though was pretty impressive. Have they figured the reliability issues out finally?

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by schocker View Post
    Pretty anticlimactic race besides max taking out daniel and kevin 'suck my balls' magnussen pushing off hulk after talking about doing it. Nice move by hamilton also to let bottas back and still avoid letting max through. Red bull pace was obviously very good to come back from the 10s penalty. Double points for mclaren though was pretty impressive. Have they figured the reliability issues out finally?
    New unit. Apparently, they let Alonso take the hit in Silverstone for Hungary.
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Oh man. I wish Daniel was still in it. He must have been pissed big time. It looked like the red bulls could have given both Ferrari and Merc a gentle ball squeeze during the race had they not hit.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Have they figured the reliability issues out finally?
    Yup, consider the problem resolved. Basically, before every track that favors the chassis and doesn't rely on power (next up Singapore), the race before take a shit ton of penalties to get as many fresh engines as possible. That way, the team can run the engine at normal power settings and there will be a good chance it will survive since Hondas are lasting on average 1.5 race distance.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    New unit. Apparently, they let Alonso take the hit in Silverstone for Hungary.
    See and here I thought they were joking all this time, taking the hit every race for the next race
    Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Oh man. I wish Daniel was still in it. He must have been pissed big time. It looked like the red bulls could have given both Ferrari and Merc a gentle ball squeeze during the race had they not hit.
    Yup, since vettel was running slow it would have put pressure on ferrari where kimi basically had to watch his back all afternoon. He did give max the finger which was pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Yup, consider the problem resolved. Basically, before every track that favors the chassis and doesn't rely on power (next up Singapore), the race before take a shit ton of penalties to get as many fresh engines as possible. That way, the team can run the engine at normal power settings and there will be a good chance it will survive since Hondas are lasting on average 1.5 race distance.
    I tis a great plan overall. Already got them ahead of sauber so the sky is the limit.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Whatever works, man. We're not the bottom!
    Doing It For the 'Gram

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

If you've watched F1 long enough you'll realize that longer cars have dominated Monaco as much as shorter cars. That and the difference between the longest and shortest cars are tiny. Tracks like Monaco and Hungary aren't a problem for longer cars. The disadvantage of LWB cars is weight, but it seems like Merc has fixed that problem. At the start of the season they were over the min weight without ballast haha.

I still stand by my view that Vettle's car is more nimble but unstable at high speeds. Hamilton is more stable at high speeds but struggling at twisty circuits. Yes there are other variables, driving styles, engineering, reliability etc. But I believe this one is key.

Article on the BBC site. The Andrew Benson seems to share the same line of thought to myself.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/40776162

Thought he writes Hamilton should have a advantage at Spa and Monza. Monza yes... Spa im on the fence. I might need to drive around it more in Grand Turismo till I come to a prediction on that one.

A little dis-enchanted and frustrated with F1 at the moment as the faster cars/drivers just can't pass slower cars without team orders on track (I know it was exacerbated on this track). This race was everything that is wrong with the sport at the moment, with the faster team mate finishing behind the slower one.
    We need another formula change IMO (and one without the Halo).

Kubica's return is probably the most exciting event in F1 this week. Palmer's exit is guaranteed at the end of the season.
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...t-hungary-test

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by phreezee View Post
    A little dis-enchanted and frustrated with F1 at the moment as the faster cars/drivers just can't pass slower cars without team orders on track (I know it was exacerbated on this track). This race was everything that is wrong with the sport at the moment, with the faster team mate finishing behind the slower one.
    We need another formula change IMO (and one without the Halo).
    We don't need another formula change. You change the rules around, and the unpassable races would move to another track. You'll never have a set of rules that will work well at every track in the calendar. This has been the case since forever in F1.

Case in point, prior to 2017 you couldn't pass in Spain, even with the DRS zone. Problem is you couldn't follow anyone out of mid speed turn 16 due to wake and lack of aero, so you end up with a huge gap to the car in front at the start of DRS, and just not enough to make the pass. Fast forward to this year, the dynamics of the race completely changed because now, with wider tires and more aero, you can follow a car flat out through turn 16, maintain a close gap, and the DRS zone had the perfect amount of acceleration boost for a turn 1/2/3 fight, pitting each car on alternating bad lines.

Really, you want every race to be exciting, hand pick a race calendar for a set of rules and you're good to go. You wonder why there's so much more consistent action in Indycar and NASCAR, well, it's not hard to tailor rules to a bunch of ovals where almost all of the turns are fairly similar in dynamic to one another.

Case in point, prior to 2017 you couldn't pass in Spain, even with the DRS zone. Problem is you couldn't follow anyone out of mid speed turn 16 due to wake and lack of aero, so you end up with a huge gap to the car in front at the start of DRS, and just not enough to make the pass. Fast forward to this year, the dynamics of the race completely changed because now, with wider tires and more aero, you can follow a car flat out through turn 16, maintain a close gap, and the DRS zone had the perfect amount of acceleration boost for a turn 1/2/3 fight, pitting each car on alternating bad lines.
    The numbers don't support your case in point. Ignoring the numbers, it's just not good for the fans watching a healthy car follow a gimped car, nor is having to ask your team to be let by.

We got 2 bonafide passes Vettel on Bottas, and Hamilton on Vettel in the highlights for 2017 Spanish Grand Prix

64 Total Overtakes in Spain 2016
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...2016-barcelona

36 Total Overtakes in Spain 2017
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...2017-barcelona

34 Total Overtakes in Hungary 2016
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...=2016-budapest

14 Total Overtakes in Hungary 2016
    https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/mer...=2017-budapest

Should not the intent of a race car driver be to win races or finish in as high a position as possible which will involve passing others if you don't start on the pole?

As such, is Formula 1 losing it's way?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Should not the intent of a race car driver be to win races or finish in as high a position as possible which will involve passing others if you don't start on the pole?

As such, is Formula 1 losing it's way?
    Its a bit of a yes and no. I guess thats where the research and engineering come into play. Drive the car fast as you can consistently, get your pit stops right and with a right strategy you almost wont need to overtake.

That being said I don't think the lack of overtaking is that bad. Previous seasons its been almost follow the leader. I stopped watching F1. I only started to get back into it recently.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4