Quantcast
2017 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (Budapest) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (Budapest)

Exclamation 2017 FORMULA 1 MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ (Budapest)

Just one more race left before summer break. I actually really like this circuit. It will be particularly interesting to see where the Ferrari's end up. Lewis won with more than 30 seconds over the Ferrari's last year, with Nico nipping his heels to less than 2s by race end. Very interesting test of raw performance here.

I have to admit with all the recent chatter about new enginemakers and team shuffling (Alonso) I'm more excited about next year... And the next couple years than this relatively dry season. I mean only Ferrari and Mercedes are on this, if we're honest.

With that said, we are now officially over the half marker for the season. Now the pressure is on for my racing driver to hold back the attack and finally edge forward in the points.

Again, I'm early... But that doesn't mean I'm wrong!!

As always, #44

PREDICTION:

1. HAM
    2. BOT
    3. RIC
    4. VET
    Originally posted by ZenOps
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Wohoo! Finally....

I dunno R154... I sense Count Von Messerschmitt plotting a revenge at Castle Wolfenstien. I predict a Ferrari comeback with Goomba getting complacent and Bottas having to rescue the pride for Mercedes.

Alonso will finish a race… (I know… im really going all out here with my reputation.. )

When are you hosting a BBQ? I need to bring some Bratwurst into your life..

Where are the rest of my F1 Goombalitas..?

My Ride
    95B

It's hammer time @R154 I wish your Prediction is correct. I think Ferrari will bounce back.
    1 HAM
    2 VET
    3 BOT

My Ride
    golfR

Will be an interesting race to see if Merc can keep their momentum.
    It'll be a hot weekend they might have a hard time with set up issues.

Usgp. I don't want you fuckers in my house at 6am. Haha.

I might have to meet you prior to assess what kind of nutter you are in person. You're the kind person that might come over and take a shit in a closet.

I HOPE ALONSO FINISHES YOU BASTARD.
    I say we slow down the spinning of the earth so that there is 25 hours in the day.

Join me.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's hammer time @R154 I wish your Prediction is correct. I think Ferrari will bounce back.
    1 HAM
    2 VET
    3 BOT
    Me too sir. I really hope Vettel finishes below #3. Ferrari do have to take a replacement penalty some time in the next 2 races. So... I can only hope that evens the 7th place lewis took for his. As long as Mercedes doesn't lose momentum going into August typically Lewis performs better later and Seb starts to let his frustration pull at his performance.

If red bull can get their shit together just a touch more then hopefully the additional pressure from the back will force Ferrari to make more shitty strategy decisions like we saw 2 weeks ago.

Join me.

My Ride
    2002 330xi, 1992 Miata, 1996 Spec Miata, 2012 Ram

Quote Originally Posted by R154 View Post
    Me too sir. I really hope Vettel finishes below #3. Ferrari do have to take a replacement penalty some time in the next 2 races.
    I'm bad at keeping track of engine component usage, do you know what portion is causing them to take this penalty?

My Ride
    golfR

This race will be tough to call.
    Both the Merc and Ferrari are close with Ferrari having the edge.
    Lewis loves this track but Vettel is no slouch either around here. Would love for Lewis to lead the championship before the summer break.

I predict a surprise RBR win for Max.

My Ride
    golfR

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
    I'm bad at keeping track of engine component usage, do you know what portion is causing them to take this penalty?
    http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/124...-element-usage

Vettel on his last turbo but I'm not sure if his previous ones are still usable or not.
    Last edited by chongkee_; 07-25-2017 at 03:15 PM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Please just don't explode, Honda.

Ferrari is going through turbos like tires. I think Vettel is on #6 right now. Technically each manufacturer has 4 engines broken into 6 components. Vettel looks like he is getting about 3 races from a turbo. Long story short he will need a turbo and a MGU-H in the next race or 2. Which will put him over the quota. This results in a 5 place penalty per component.

Join me.

They wouldn't dare chance a used turbo on his car. They would on rak's rig. It's becoming apparent that they are rig testing longevity on rak's car and using analysis to predict strategy for Seb so he can mitigate point loss to lewis.

As much as I hate to admit it, looks like this is Hamilton's best season for a 4th. Next year Ferrari will have rbr like dominance. They are prepping a barn storming car for next year. They are improving race over race.

Unless Mercedes gets a massive change in aero for next year and added reliability this season will be the last for their current dynasty.

Join me.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by R154 View Post
    Next year Ferrari will have rbr like dominance. They are prepping a barn storming car for next year. They are improving race over race.

Unless Mercedes gets a massive change in aero for next year and added reliability this season will be the last for their current dynasty.
    I think you're wrong. I'd say Mercedes is still a ways ahead of Ferrari and that Ferrari looked strong so far because Mercedes couldn't come to terms with getting the tires in the right window consistently. I'm willing to bet that the 2nd half of the season we'll see the true potential of the Mercedes.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

You don't think next year Ferrari will come on song?

Didn't I say throughout this thread and several others that Mercedes will have the edge the rest of the season?

Join me.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

My F1 Compatriots... the F1 behind the scene story continues..

The Brockwurst Strikes back..

Back at Castle Wolfesnstien it was late evening. It raining and thundering hard.

The bard that had been at the river (who had sung Kry me und riveeeeer!!!) walked to the castle entrance, pushed open the double doors with both hands and made his way to the chamber that contained the giant organs. He sat at it.. paused for a moment, and then started to play the Dracula tune.. (note I recommend leaving this video play in the background for the first part of the story)

Count Von Messersmit was pacing with anger in his study. The room was filled with a pungent smell of unwashed racing feet and the room was lit by only candles and the fireplace that softy burned. The Count threw books and elements of his shine to the shoemaker in anger..'God dam you master!'...
    Suddenly there was a bang on the door! It was Frauline.. 'Sebu, you have a guest this evening'
    'Nein, send him away'. Von Messersmit walked towards the window to and watched the rain and thunder..
    No Sebu, you must-
    There was a clap of thunder and lightning… Nein! GO away- The door flung open... in the dark shadows a hooded figure emerged... in a deep throaty voice.. it spoke.. 'Count Von Messersmit..' the door closed with a thud... The hooded figure started to walk towards the fire, but the pungent stench of unwashed racing feet hit the figure with a shock, there was a slight stumble and mild gagging, but the shadowy figure regained his composure and footing and continued walking towards the fire. He stood there looking at the fire with his back to Count Von Messersmit.

Name:  84d8f12a449bd85656d7ac9b9b7472cf--dark-witch-dark-beauty.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  17.0 KB

Alarmed at first but Von Messersmit did not care.. 'Who is das..?'
    He hooded figure spoke with a fat hearty voice.. the kind of voice that one would sound like if they had eaten too much pork in fit of gluttony. ‘Your master was also apprentice once... he never told you who HIS master was... did he..?' The hooded figure slowly stoked the fire as he spoke... the fire lighting his face partially hidden face…his fat red beady eyes bulging with meaty fatness.
    Name:  Skull-Popping-Eyeballs-1.jpg
Views: 593
Size:  63.8 KB

‘I remember the great German beer festival many years ago. I remember his charm and wit..his potential.. Under my special recipe, he would achieve the energy, finesse to compete and cheat at the world level………’

Back in the kitchen, Fraulien was busy preparing a giant feast, she was BBQings a host of Brockwurst sausage, sauces and dips. This would be fit for a king.
    Name:  bratwurstSausage1.jpg
Views: 865
Size:  41.0 KB

Back in the study.. Von Messersmit turned in head in shock... ‘You knew my master..? Nein Nein..... there were old folk tales. Myths... it cant be…’
    The hooded figure still had his back to Von Messersmit...he smiled as he poked the fire...;’ Ja… Ja, the stories were all true… he was my apprentice..’
    Von Messersmit stood in shock and awe… ‘you were mien furer’s teacher!’ The hooded figure stood in a silence for a moment.. and spoke ‘This world championship.. this Silverstone.. You don’t understand my child, I have been watching you, aiding you in your quest.’ The fat hooded figure started to explain. ‘To defeat the elusive Goomba you must let him reach his pinnacle, let him be in joy of his stench.. LET HIM SHINE! Then and only then will he was fall the hardest. While you were racing like a sealion, I already had a plan in play.. We must let the Goomba SHINE!!! - Muhahahahahahaha’

The hooded figure turned and walked towards the Count.. he removed his hood. Who this mysterious figure was suddenly became clear. The whole plan became clear to the Count, how had he not seen it.… The hooded figure and the count started let out a gluttenious laugh that filled the room… The hooded figure was Herman the fat Butcher. At that very moment fraulien entered pushing a cart that had the Bratwuest sausage dinner feast they would all enjoy… she started to laugh.. A hearty loud higurashi laugh…it that filled the room, the tower and all the of the castle..

Somewhere over across the English Channel the plan of the Fat butcher was taking effect..

The Shining.

Out in the country at the Goomba Estate residence, the storm was coming in.
    Name:  11_23_39_web.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  212.9 KB

The pussy cat doll had remixed her hit song with a perverse version that had the lyrics ‘Don’t you wish Sebastian… bummed u like me, Don’t you wish Sebastian.. fucked you like me…’ and it was playing out loud on the bedroom sound system speakers. Goomba was bent over wearing his union jack gimp gimp outfit with a gagging ball in his mouth whilst his pussycat doll pegged him from behind. They had been at it for a good few hours and decided to take a break.

Goomba, feeling good about his win at Silverstone was all sweaty. He went downstairs and picked up the newspaper and into the toliet to take his regular dump. As he sat on the throne, his phone went off. Goomba answered and heard that familiar high pitched helium voice. ‘Goombaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa……’
    Da- Damonmon Hill.. is that you again..? You need to stop doing these weird calls..-
    ‘Goooombbbaaaa, I sense danger…..’
    What—what danger..? Look, im trying to take a shit here, can we talk another time –
    - ‘Redrum Goomba… redrum…’ then the phone went dead.

Gooma sat there wondering what it was all about and then it happened. He felt a hot flash and beads of sweat. Then a sudden cramp in his stomach.. ‘WTF the is going on..?’ Goomba muttered to himself. The pain and flashes got worse and worse. So bad, before he even before he started to read the newspaper he let it fall on the floor. Such was the pain and agony. It came like giant tidal wave causing Goomba to lift his legs and then it hit. Goomba felt the hot lava flow of redrum fire out of his ass, the lava stench filled the bathroom. He could hardly breathe… Name:  0640a883ffd3cbbeea7357e7fccc8a54--paper-towels-rage-faces.jpg
Views: 557
Size:  26.7 KB

He quickly flushed, cleaning himself up.. and headed upstairs.

Meanwhile up in the bedroom Pussy cat doll was cleaning up and making the bed. Goomba staggered up to her.
    She was not expecting him behind her, she turned and shrieked…Gooomba!
    ‘Pussycat, something is up.. ‘ Gooma looked pale, his face was sweating.
    Puzzled.. she asked.. ‘What my ugly Goomba..? What..?’ At that moment Goomba made a dash for the bedroom bathroom.. Violent flatulence filled the room.. pussycat came in to see what was wrong… ‘Goomba..?!’ But she frosze with horror and started to gag. The stench was unbearable. The redrum waves of lava kept coming… Goomba let out screams of agony.. Then suddenly the toilet could not flush.. it could not keep up with Goombas violent shits, it became blocked and started to overflow. The stench was awful. It was like a dead animal had crawled up the Goombas ass and died.

Pusscat Doll helped carry the staggering Goomba to the toilet in the guest bedroom bathroom… the same happened after a few minutes. It became blocked.
    After a hour all the bathrooms in the household had overflowed and the gagging stench filled the air like a thick fog… the kind that rolls in from Chestermere near Calgary. There was only one bathroom left. It was the first one he had used when he thought nothing was wrong.. Goomba knew it and so did pussycat doll. They locked eyes. ‘No Goomba, no. I need that toilet for myself. Nooo!’. She got up and ran. The Goomba chasing after her. It was like out of the scene out of the movie, The Shining.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Continued...

She ran to the last bathroom downstairs. It was the first Goomba had used. She locked herself in, she could hear Goomba crawling and hitting the door. ‘Let me me!, I need to go!’ Goomba screamed
    ‘Noooo!, not this one’ She sobbed as she collapsed on the bathroom floor in shock and horror’
    Name:  Goomba Axe Door.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  57.0 KB

She looked at her side and saw the newspaper Goomba had dropped earlier. She held it with two hands and saw the headline, as she read her face filled with horror and the blood started to drain from her face.

Name:  News.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  65.2 KB

Then she looked up at the TV in the toilet... it was replaying the news...

Name:  breaking-news (1).jpg
Views: 535
Size:  71.7 KB

Martin Brundle struck down by mysterious Illness and violent diarrhea after eating Brockwrust at the British GP’. All of the sudden it became apparent. Her Goomba had been poisoned!
    Goomba started to beat the door down.. He punched a hole in the door and put his face in it. “Babe! I need to use the fucking toilet!’

Name:  mySuperLamePic_7a5d63d13f3fa1bfb0c490f20a71a72f.jpg
Views: 507
Size:  59.2 KB
    Pussy cat sobbed and hurriedly reached for her phone and started dialing Martin Brundles number.

Out in a private room at West Middlesex Hospital in London lay Martin Brundle. He was hooked to all sorts of medical machines. But he was just glad he was alive… but only just.
    His phone started to ring… ‘hello..?’
    Martin! Help me!’
    ‘Pussycat..is that you..?’
    ‘Goomba ate the brockwurst! Help me, help meeeeeeeee!’
    Martin paused for a moment…’Pussy cat!, listen.. there is not much time.. He needs to Eat the National British Dish!.

Name:  indian.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  23.7 KB
    What the fuck you on about you idiot!?
    The National British dish hun, Chicken Tika Malsa Curry! The Spice is the only thing that is pungent enough to kill the bacteria that’s in him’
    ‘WTF..?!,----‘.

It was too late, All Martin Brundle could hear was the sound of the door breaking, The screams of Goomba, the wild violent sounds of loud flatulence and hot lava shits flying out of his buttocks, into the toilet..and the final gasps, gagging of Pussycat struggling for oxygen and dropping the phone… then the line went dead.

In the corner of the hospital room, in the dark shadows.. a square jawed F1 veteran sat.

He softy spoke.. across to Martin ‘You need to make the call’

Burndle murmured.. ‘ I can’t, I slated that guy so many times on TV’.
    You must.. it’s the only one that can save Goomba. If you don’t the dark armies of the Red baron will Rule F1 forever..’
    Martin let out a long deep fart and a sigh.. He started to make the call.

In the rain a Alfa Romeo approached the Hamilton Estate. Outstepped a shawdowly figured and banged on the door. Pussycat answered semi conscious on her knees and was met by a dark shawdowy figure holding a large box on one arm and a brown doggy take out bag in the other.
    The figure trusted the brown takeout bag to Pussycat ‘Bambino.. heat this up and give it to Goomba’ She shriked out loud ‘ what is this..?’
    Its chicken Tika masala, extra spicy… I brought tandori naan bread too’
    The figure then walked inside the house and he gasped and gagged… jesus fucking Christ.. it bloody stinks in here!’

Out in the bathroom, Goomba was barely conscious.. He thought, so this is how his world championship ends… sitting on the toilet. He thought this is too much, I can’t go out like Elvis.. I need to get to Budapest.... He heard bagging on the front door and his girlfriend shrike out loud. He tried to muster all the strength to get up but was hit by another violent bout. The toilet was already blocked but it started to overflow. Goomba looked between his legs and looked at the alien he had given birth too. In the overflowing toilet it started crawling out and started grabbing at his ass to pull him in.
    Goomba shriked ‘Nooo! I can’t die like this!’. He fought to get up, but fell head first onto the floor, ass up face down and his gimp trousers by his ankles. Upon hitting the floor, Goomba fell into the dark coolness of unconsciousness.
    The last thing Goomba saw just before passing out was …Fernando Aloso was standing by the bathroom door, he was carrying a brand new TOTO Toilet, it was the Turbo Flush master 5000 that had a side mounted DRS button for optional hyperflush…

You're a truly fascinating man. I can't believe I read all of that.

Join me.

Glad to see so much opposition to the Halo decision and driver's publicly speaking out against it this weekend.

Palmer will be racing for his F1 career this weekend, but I think it will be a pretty standard race with not too many surprises for everyone else.

My Ride
    2015 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax

I think that Mercedes will still have the edge on this one. Lewis always seems to have a couple of extra engine modes to help bring them to victory. Ferrari are going through components like mad and are pushing things just a bit too hard for longevity's sake. Hoping that Red Bull can keep a car together for Verstappen... Kid seems to be the one to watch going forward.

Prediction

1. HAM
    2. VET
    3. BOT
    4. VER
    5. RIC

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Wow... lots of peeps on here having confidence in the Mercedes for this race. I think the power of the Brockwust is being underestimated.
    @Rage 2. Thats a bold prediction for the second half of the season. Is it just the tyres not being right in the first part of the season that your basing your prediction on?
    In other news... R154 has offered to host for a Beyond F1 BBQ party.. Bring beer, I'l bring Brockwurst..

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast