Quantcast
Beyond Support - Go-Fund-Me for a good cause - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Beyond Support - Go-Fund-Me for a good cause

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Beyond Support - Go-Fund-Me for a good cause

Hey guys/girls, I've seen in the past how supportive Beyond has been to good causes, and I'm hoping some of you will give to this good cause.

I have a friend who has been through hell and back with his spinal injuries due to a careless driver that ran a red light and T-boned his vehicle. His situation became so bad he was forced to take long term disability and was left crippled and in severe pain. He finally managed to acquire the funds to have the surgery necessary to live a normal life and is currently on the road to recovery.

Our Canadian Heath system refused to perform the delicate procedure that required 4 discs in his back to be artificially replaced. L4/L5 & L5/S1 in his lumbar & C5/C6 & C6/C7 in his neck. The procedure was done at the ONZ Clinic in Hattingen Germany. The procedure took 8hrs & cost $125,000.00 Canadian. It took every cent he had plus more to have this done.

Any donations would be humbly appreciated by him. A good friend of his has setup a gofundme account for anyone that is willing to help him out.

Thanks to anyone who wishes to help.
    Go-Fund-Me link.
    https://www.gofundme.com/back-brad-rooksbys-surgery
    Last edited by 89coupe; 07-26-2017 at 02:47 PM.

My Ride
    Silverado

Probably not helpful but there are instances where canada has paid for people to get treatment abroad for different ailments, worst case I smell a giant lawsuit against the at fault party,

Sorry to derail the thread 1 reply in.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably not helpful but there are instances where canada has paid for people to get treatment abroad for different ailments, worst case I smell a giant lawsuit against the at fault party,

Sorry to derail the thread 1 reply in.
    I believe he has pursued that route with not much success. Of course if there are any Beyond lawyers that would care to look further into it, I'm sure I could put you in contact with him.