Quantcast
Does the red plate give you rage? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Does the red plate give you rage?

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I dont know how long you stop for or where you start your timer, but I'll do 8.xx hours to the upper mission in kelowna from Edmonton with 2 stops. Edmonton is 2.5 hours away from Calgary, and that trip will be done at a speed I wont get a speeding ticket (I've only ever gotten one in my life. I also am done with exceeding the limit significantly). 15 years ago I made it from Edmonton to the upper mission in Kelowna in under 7 hours with 2 stops leaving at 2am.
    Exactly what route do you take? It has been over a decade since I have actually gone from Edmonton to Kelowna direct, but I recall always thinking it was about 9 hours. A quick check on google says 9hr 37min although I think that takes traffic into consideration. I typically have my cruise set at ~15 over.

Edmonton to airdrie. Do the bypass through cochrane. highway 1 all the way to Sicamous and take 97a to Kelowna. However, Stony trail makes the cochrane bypass a wash now unless it's a long weekend or something and 2/3rds of calgary is going to banff down highway 1.

My Ride
    2015 GMC 2500HD Dirtymax

The other thing I feel like really adds to the problem of H1 (expecially through Rogers Pass) is these people buying bigger and bigger trailers because its "within the limits of a 1500". Lots of times I see trucks so overloaded that they can't keep speed, are dangerous in corners, cant slow them down properly, not set up properly etc... Then they drive drive even slower, which screws the flow of traffic even worse, making people do illegal passes etc.

Theres a reason I drive a diesel with a 22ft trailer..... I want the power to get around these deathtrap overloaded halftons, expecially when sledding in the winter.

No your "Amazing Aluminum F-150 Ecobullshit" shouldnt be towing 12,000 lbs.
    Last edited by blubs; 08-09-2017 at 11:39 AM.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by blubs View Post
    The other thing I feel like really adds to the problem of H1 (expecially through Rogers Pass) is these people buying bigger and bigger trailers because its "within the limits of a 1500". Lots of times I see trucks so overloaded that they can't keep speed, are dangerous in corners, cant slow them down properly, not set up properly etc... Then they drive drive even slower, which screws the flow of traffic even worse, making people do illegal passes etc.

Theres a reason I drive a diesel with a 22ft trailer..... I want the power to get around these deathtrap overloaded halftons, expecially when sledding in the winter.

Yeah, see my post in the RV/Camping tricks thread. Coming back on the Coquihalla, and saw nine 1/2 ton trucks with WAY too big of trailers pulled over and hoods up.

My Ride
    V8s

Drove back from Vernon yesterday. Took nearly 9 hours, cause of some schmuck that was turning across HWY1 at Field and got t-boned. Absolutely awful traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by blubs View Post

I passed by a van that was pulling a 25 footer. Good jorb idiot.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Big accident by Bowden on Monday going south-bound, was backed up like crazy. Thankfully I was going north-bound but was still at a crawl for at least 20 minutes because somewhere along the line, people were gawking across the divided highway and everyone slams on their brakes. When you pass the accident and are back up to the speed limit, it's such a let-down
    Ultracrepidarian

This thread makes me happy I moved to Kelowna years ago and don't have to worry about that drive anymore. When I do come back, I'm leaving 4am at the latest.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    Edmonton to airdrie. Do the bypass through cochrane. highway 1 all the way to Sicamous and take 97a to Kelowna. However, Stony trail makes the cochrane bypass a wash now unless it's a long weekend or something and 2/3rds of calgary is going to banff down highway 1.
    Same way I used to go. And yeah, once Stony opened I have started using it when bypassing Calgary because there are too many slow people between Airdrie and Cochrane and Cochrane to H1 makes me want to kill someone.

My inlaws are on a farm just north of Calgary so I always stop there the night before we leave and then leave from there by 6am. I am in BC before 8am and miss most of the idiots. That is my plan for tomorrow anyway. Just hope the smoke starts to let up!

Quote Originally Posted by atgilchrist View Post
    This thread makes me happy I moved to Kelowna years ago and don't have to worry about that drive anymore. When I do come back, I'm leaving 4am at the latest.
    But so many old and almost dead people in Kelowna.

Oh and those most depressing gray winter days, far too many of those.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5